ADVERTISEMENT

Old Glory

Do you display her in your yard/from your balcony?

• Total voters

LetsGoDuke301

Apr 4, 2009
Wilmington, NC
Team
Duke
0307_loc_old-glory.jpg

We used to steal flags in high school. Twice stole a massive American flag out in front of a really nice subdivision just outside of OKC. They were like 200 square foot. My buddies and I all signed them and I kept one. I hung it from the ceiling in my bedroom during Senior year. No idea where it is today though but that is MY flag.

We used to steal flags in high school. Twice stole a massive American flag out in front of a really nice subdivision just outside of OKC. They were like 200 square foot. My buddies and I all signed them and I kept one. I hung it from the ceiling in my bedroom during Senior year. No idea where it is today though but that is MY flag.
Funny. Certainly not as big of a flag, but... The flag I have in my pool room came from Medows of Dan, Virginia. My high shool GF was from there, it is a hick town off of the Blue Ridge Parkway. We went hiking through the woods and ended up lost for 8 hours. Randomly, we came across a bench in the middle of nowhere and an American flag hanging from a tree. We thought for sure that meant that there would be a house nearby. Not really. But it started raining on us so we took the flag down and used it as an umbrella. After it stopped raining, we continued through the woods until we finally came across a winery. A woman that was working there gave us a ride back and it was almost a 2 hour trip by road because of the mountains. It was only 8 hours, but we were certain that we were going to die that day. Long story short, I kept that flag and still have it today.

No, I don't feel the need to waste money/effort advertising the fact that I'm American while living in Ohio. I haven't even hung my UK flag and I moved here 6 years ago.

Funny. Certainly not as big of a flag, but... The flag I have in my pool room came from Medows of Dan, Virginia. My high shool GF was from there, it is a hick town off of the Blue Ridge Parkway. We went hiking through the woods and ended up lost for 8 hours. Randomly, we came across a bench in the middle of nowhere and an American flag hanging from a tree. We thought for sure that meant that there would be a house nearby. Not really. But it started raining on us so we took the flag down and used it as an umbrella. After it stopped raining, we continued through the woods until we finally came across a winery. A woman that was working there gave us a ride back and it was almost a 2 hour trip by road because of the mountains. It was only 8 hours, but we were certain that we were going to die that day. Long story short, I kept that flag and still have it today.
Was the woman from the winery hot?

No. I do have one in the family graveyard. Nobody would see it from my porch unless it was on a 75ft flagpoll and it was a huge flag.... which I've considered doing cause Murica.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
this made you a band of flaggots

I don’t. I feel like, if I didn’t serve, I shouldn’t. Strange, maybe... but it sort of feels like how I refuse to wear a jersey unless I’m competing in a game. I recognize this puts me in the minority:)

I worked on the Blue Ridge Parkway two summers out of high school. I love the mountains.

Speaking of Blue Ridge Parkway. I'm planning a hiking trip to a place called Linville Gorge not too far from Asheville. Anyone been before? Good place for 2-3 day hike?

We have a couple of flags.

We only "fly" the one on a few (National) holidays, tho.
The other is my grandfather's burial flag, cased and sits on display.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
We have a couple of flags.

We only "fly" the one on a few (National) holidays, tho.
The other is my grandfather's burial flag, cased and sits on display.
When my son was deployed to Iraq in 2003 I hung one on the front porch. It and the many replacements have flown ever day for the last 15 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT