ADVERTISEMENT

OK State 2021 Postseason Ban

klize17

Oct 30, 2006
Have to think Cunningham goes elsewhere, whether that is another college, G-League, or sits out like Wiseman.

Reactions: JRMSU
Doubt it, OSU wasn't going to be that good anyway. Picture Ben Simmons at LSU.

Reactions: JRMSU
Doubt it, OSU wasn't going to be that good anyway. Picture Ben Simmons at LSU.

200.gif

OK St has one major Level I violation compared to Kansas's FIVE major Level I violations. With this ruling, got to think their penalty will be much worse.

Will be interesting to see if KU gets a ban for every level 1 violation. If that happens you can probably remove KU from being competitive for the next 10-20 years.

Show us y'all's most current Champion's league trophy.

Edit: you already have with your sig. Lol.

Congrats on the Liverpool season. I'm a Man City fan, looks like we decided to let someone else have some glory this year. Maybe you guys can return the favor and teach my team how to play in the Champions League?

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
hopefully Louisville gets hammered to as a repeat offender
its funny to see people say Louisville, and Louisville has no one arrested, nor entangled in the FBI probe. Every school that had someone arrested is free and clear, but people only want to say Louisville. Its sad.

Reactions: UL_1986
Congrats on the Liverpool season. I'm a Man City fan, looks like we decided to let someone else have some glory this year. Maybe you guys can return the favor and teach my team how to play in the Champions League?
I'm thinking that won't be a concern for you guys for the next two years. The CAS hearing starts Monday.

So Kansas, Louisville, LSU, Auburn, Duke, UNC, etc all cheat like hell and Oklahoma state gets a post season ban? Laughing
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...igan-state-spartans-ncaa-yahoo-fbi/369137002/

Michigan State basketball looks bad, NCAA looks worse with latest report
Shawn Windsor, Detroit Free Press Published 12:00 a.m. ET Feb. 24, 2018 | Updated 12:14 a.m. ET Feb. 24, 2018

0:00
1:29
AD

SKIP

A report from Yahoo Sports details an FBI probe into some of the top players and schools in college basketball for allegedly taking money from an NBA agency - a revelation that could have drastic ramifications on college basketball.

TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE
It looks bad. Even the most rabid Michigan State basketball fan understands that.

You can excuse and rationalize and scream, "Well what about that school?!!!" all you want. This doesn't change the facts from the Yahoo! Sports report Friday that the mother of MSU basketball star, Miles Bridges, allegedly took $400 from an agent in 2016. Or that the same agent bought her a $70 lunch.

In the context of the FBI's spreadsheet that revealed some players taking as much as $70,000, Cynthia Bridges accepting $400 is paltry. But it's against NCAA rules. Parents accepting money from an agent interested in their child know this, and know they are risking their child's eligibility.

So, yeah, it looks bad.

Especially, now, with all the perception hits MSU already has taken. And, really, this is about perception, but this isn't simply about MSU. It's about pretending something is one thing when we all know it's another.

More: Congresswoman wants Nassar probe extended to FBI, NCAA, Education Dept.

Look, if MSU is found guilty of an NCAA violation, it — and its head basketball coach, Tom Izzo — will pay consequences. These are the rules, and by participating in the sport, everyone agrees to follow them.

It's just that the rules are rotten. And, no, I'm not only talking about a family's inability to accept a lunch from someone who could help make their son millions of dollars. I'm talking about the rule of amateurism.

Hopefully, the FBI's latest report will finally obliterate this notion, at least in relation to big-time college basketball. Because the NCAA's insistence of forcing amateur status onto players worth millions of dollars is disingenuous.

Not to mention exploitative.

More: Who is Christian Dawkins, linchpin in FBI probe of top basketball programs?

That insistence is why we are here today. That's why the FBI just spent two years using its subpoena power investigating the cash flow that fuels the game's underbelly, a word I've heard to describe the intersection of shoe companies, agents and AAU tournaments.

Using a word like underbelly is, of course, hypocritical. Because it suggests something more sinister: the underbelly as an immoral den of sin, where basketball's most gifted teenagers and their families are ruining what used to be pure.

But also, because such words are loaded, and make it easier to justify our exploitation. Which is what we are doing when we watch, coach, write about, or derive any sort of profit or enjoyment from the game.

I'm as guilty of this as anyone else. My employer, the Detroit Free Press, makes money covering college basketball games. Therefore, so do I.

It's a sham in which I've willingly participated. We all have.

More: 'You can make millions off of one kid': Here's why the NCAA can't stop this corruption

The solution is to let players earn what they are worth. This doesn't mean universities have to pay them. A sensible suggestion I saw recently argued that the NCAA could adopt the Olympic model, where the athletes aren't paid by their governing bodies but aren't kept from earning endorsements or monies bet on their future value.

In other words, if boosters and agents and shoe companies want to pay Miles Bridges or Jaren Jackson Jr. or Kyle Kuzma or Kevin Durant, let them. It'd be more honest. And fair. Not to mention American.

As Durant said Friday, responding to news of the report, there is "hypocritical money talk in college sports." He also said players should be paid.

He's right. They should.

Because it's absurd to build a society around the religion of entrepreneurialism and then deny that opportunity to a few dozen kids every year because the NCAA wants to market them as a kind of proxy for purity. In politics, campaigns are often won by harkening back to an era of innocence that never really existed, and it is divisive and corrosive.

The NCAA is no better. Which is why you'll hear press conference moderators use the phrase "student-athletes" during its highest-profile event of the year: March Madness.

It's a form of branding, a wink to nostalgia, a reminder the players are learning critical life lessons. Surviving on guile and instant ramen. Uncorrupted by Nike.

Meanwhile, the Nike logo emblazons their jerseys and their shoes and their backpacks.

To be clear, Bridges and Jackson were not implicated in the FBI's report. But they are examples of players being used, players who should be free to make money off their brand and potential.

The same is true for Kuzma, who played at Utah, a school with a lower profile than Michigan State or Duke, but still a school that benefited enormously from Kuzma's presence.

The current Los Angeles Laker allegedly took close to $10,000 from an agent while he was at Utah. In an alternate world, in the world in which we live, where we are free to shop our talent, that would be

The power 5 conferences need to tell the ncaa to kicks rocks and break off on their own. To hell with the ncaa cherry picking who and how they enforce their “rules”.
This. I don't know why the Power 5 schools continue to allow them to be relevant. This OSU thing is as dirty as I've seen. So the head coach that was there when the violation was committed leaves to Illinois after 1 year. The coach who committed the infraction was fired by the school when they found out, but now you punish the new Head Coach and a bunch of kids that weren't even present? SMH.

NGL, I’m laughing and pointing like Nelson at boynton and Cade’s brother right now.

yeah, I’m a petty sob. I’m aware.

I mean it might be Nike and not duke but zion obv got something to play in Durham, or he wouldn’t be getting sued for 100 mil based on that fact, which the lady allegedly has proof of, guess we will have to wait and see what zion says under oath but it’s a bad look for him/Nike/duke for certain.

The ncaa clearing UNC on the academic stuff just proves their incompetence imo but im not trying to get into any of that mess.

And for the dude you quoted I don’t think Sparty is clean either. I don’t think any competitive school is tbh. If they were they wouldn’t have a chance in hell recruiting against the schools/shoe companies that have been already been proven of paying players fix figures. But just my opinion.

And even if not, I’d much rather be known as stripper U or pay for play U than Rape U.

Last edited:
Reactions: SIhoosier26
This. I don't know why the Power 5 schools continue to allow them to be relevant. This OSU thing is as dirty as I've seen. So the head coach that was there when the violation was committed leaves to Illinois after 1 year. The coach who committed the infraction was fired by the school when they found out, but now you punish the new Head Coach and a bunch of kids that weren't even present? SMH.

Probly gonna happen to Louisville as well and we fired every single member of the coaching staff, as well as the athletic director.

Meanwhile Pitino lands a new job and could feasibly have Iona in the ncaa tournament before Louisville gets a chance to play in it again. Punishing coaches and kids who weren’t even apart of the program when the shit hit the fan.

Reactions: UL_1986
Probly gonna happen to Louisville as well and we fired every single member of the coaching staff, as well as the athletic director.

Meanwhile Pitino lands a new job and could feasibly have Iona in the ncaa tournament before Louisville gets a chance to play in it again. Punishing coaches and kids who weren’t even apart of the program when the shit hit the fan.
Ncaa will Ncaa.

I'm thinking that won't be a concern for you guys for the next two years. The CAS hearing starts Monday.

Good point. Forgot all about that. Unlike NCAA, they don't mess around over there when it comes to laying down the hammer. You think Man City gonna get a Champions league ban for a couple years? Any other penalties?

What going to get you guys cornholed is the fact you didn't fire every single person after stripper gate. The NCAA is going in dry and it's warranted as you tried to hold on to the same idiots who got you trouble last time and are a repeat offender.

It was ONE idiot low level assistant coach that was responsible for the stripper scandal, Andre McGee bc his dumbass was dating the Powell chick. And he was most definitely fired on the spot when that scandal broke, and will never coach college sports again.

They hit Pitino with the lack of control clause or whatever bc they said he should have known even though they had zero proof whether he did or didn’t. I highly doubt he ever knew or I think he would have put a stop to it bc it has forever tarnished his legacy and ego and If one things for sure, the man has a helluva ego. Not to mention the players dorm where all the stripper parties went down was built and named after his good friend, Billy Minardi, who died in 9/11. So again I highly doubt pitino would risk his own career, reputation, and legacy as well as Billy Mardinis name now forever being associated with the stripper scandal moreso than who he was as a person before his life was tragically cut short, just so some of our players could have private, paid for strip shows, that did absolutely nothing to improve the types of recruiting classes we were bringing in, nor gave the players any kind of competitive advantage. All risk no reward aka stupid as fk. Besides Pitino would bench key players for big games for petty stuff like missing curfew, so again I highly doubt he knew they had a strip club goin in minardi hall, and just let it continue.

It was more about Andre McGee wanting time be “one of the guys” than being an authority figure as grad assistant coach or whatever low level title he held. If Pitino woulda never gave his worthless ass a scholarship way back when, then a grad assistant coaching job afterwards, I highly doubt stripper gate would have ever happened, bc McGee weaved that web by getting involved with Powell.

But we are repeat offenders, no doubt there. I just don’t think it’s rational to think that Louisville should have fired Pitino and Jurich after the stripper scandal when all signs point to them knowing nothing about it, that it was the doing of one rogue assistant. Even the players who cooperated with the ncaa said no way Pitino knew about the strippers or “he would have killed us”

But you can believe Pitino and Jurich knew and orchestrated the whole things themselves if you want and just had McGee fall on the sword for them. BC Pitino is far from a beacon of morality or ethics. But personally I have to believe one of the best college coaches in history is smarter than doing something so effing stupid, like orchestrating stripper parties in the teams dorm.

And if Louisville or the NCAA would have had any shred of proof that he was apart or knew what was going on with the strippers, he would have been fired on the spot just like McGee. Or any other assistants for that matter.

Last edited:
Good point. Forgot all about that. Unlike NCAA, they don't mess around over there when it comes to laying down the hammer. You think Man City gonna get a Champions league ban for a couple years? Any other penalties?
I think it will be reduced to a year. De Bruyne has already said he won't miss two years of Champions league football and UEFA certainly doesn't want City to disappear, not good for the bottom line.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
It was ONE idiot low level assistant coach that was responsible for the stripper scandal, Andre McGee bc his dumbass was dating the Powell chick. And he was most definitely fired on the spot when that scandal broke, and will never coach college sports again.

They hit Pitino with the lack of control clause or whatever bc they said he should have known even though they had zero proof whether he did or didn’t. I highly doubt he ever knew or I think he would have put a stop to it bc it has forever tarnished his legacy and ego and If one things for sure, the man has a helluva ego. Not to mention the players dorm where all the stripper parties went down was built and named after his good friend, Billy Minardi, who died in 9/11. So again I highly doubt pitino would risk his own career, reputation, and legacy as well as Billy Mardinis name now forever being associated with the stripper scandal moreso than who he was as a person before his life was tragically cut short, just so some of our players could have private, paid for strip shows, that did absolutely nothing to improve the types of recruiting classes we were bringing in, nor gave the players any kind of competitive advantage. All risk no reward aka stupid as fk.

It was more about Andre McGee wanting time be “one of the guys” than being an authority figure as grad assistant coach or whatever low level title he held. If Pitino woulda never gave his worthless ass a scholarship way back when, then a grad assistant coaching job afterwards, I highly doubt stripper gate would have ever happened, bc McGee weaved that web by getting involved with Powell.

But we are repeat offenders, no doubt there. I just don’t think it’s rational to thick that Louisville should have fired Pitino and Jurich after the stripper scandal when all signs point to them knowing nothing about it, that it was the doing of one rogue assistant. Even the players who cooperated with the ncaa said no way Pitino knew about the strippers or “he would have killed us”

But you can believe Pitino and Jurich knew and orchestrated the whole things themselves if you want and just had McGee fall on the sword for them. BC Pitino is far from a beacon of morality or ethics. But personally I have to believe one of the best college coaches in history is smarter than doing something so effing stupid, like orchestrating stripper parties in the teams dorm.

And if Louisville or the NCAA would have had any shred of proof that he was apart or knew what was going on with the strippers, he would have been fired on the spot just like McGee. Or any other assistants for that matter.

Anybody that would have sex on a restaurant table And pay for the abortion is capable of anything.

They hit Pitino with the lack of control clause or whatever bc they said he should have known even though they had zero proof whether he did or didn’t. I highly doubt he ever knew or I think he would have put a stop to it bc it has forever tarnished his legacy and ego and If one things for sure, the man has a helluva ego. Not to mention the players dorm where all the stripper parties went down was built and named after his good friend, Billy Minardi, who died in 9/11. So again I highly doubt pitino would risk his own career, reputation, and legacy as well as Billy Mardinis name now forever being associated with the stripper scandal moreso than who he was as a person before his life was tragically cut short, just so some of our players could have private, paid for strip shows, that did absolutely nothing to improve the types of recruiting classes we were bringing in, nor gave the players any kind of competitive advantage. All risk no reward aka stupid as fk.

But we are repeat offenders, no doubt there. I just don’t think it’s rational to thick that Louisville should have fired Pitino and Jurich after the stripper scandal when all signs point to them knowing nothing about it, that it was the doing of one rogue assistant. Even the players who cooperated with the ncaa said no way Pitino knew about the strippers or “he would have killed us”

It was one assistant coach for us that bribed a player (for $300), get this. Not to choose to play at OSU. He was bribing him to think about going pro early so he could go into businesses with a financial adviser/shoe company. He was actually hurting OSU, not helping. We fired him within 72 hours, the FBI had nothing else on us (on wiretap) and actually called OSU the victim. Now look at what happened

Last edited:
Geeze that is ridiculous. I mean what kind of bribe is 300$? Who would make a life changing decision that huge based on 300$. Who would make any type of decision based on a 300$ bribe? And it was for said player to leave OSU not stay? Basically the opposite of recruiting. And That constitutes a level one infraction? What a joke. That’s the least egregious thing I’ve heard over the entirety of the stuff. How did the assistant offering the bribe get caught? On the wire taps? Regardless it’s dumb as fk. Postseason ban over $300 to get a kid to leave school not stay smh. That doesn’t leave me very optimistic.

We were labeled a “victim” in the fbi thing as well. But we are on the hook for whether assistant Kenny Johnson have Bowen Sr $1300 or not. Bowen Sr has said under oath that johnson didn’t pay him any money and also said under oath that johnson did pay him money. So who knows, the dude had been getting paydays from his sons AAU teams as well as his sons high school team for his son to play on them.

Hell maybe if there’s enough of us banned next year we can have a infraction tourney while all of the ncaas chosen ones play the ncaaT lol.

When the FBI goes in with two primary objectives, get Adidas and get Pitino, and Louisville was represented by both, we were chum in the water before they ever hooked up the wires.

Honestly the FBI still didn’t really get Pitino doing shit, but the multiple scandals while he was HC definitely warranted his firing. Plus HOF head coaches have been in the game long enough to insulate themselves from the money trail anyways, so if he really didn’t know about Bowen it was just bc he didn’t wanna know, which really ain’t much different than knowing anyhow imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT