Ashton Hagans PTS 13.7 REB 4.3 AST 5.5 FG% 46.3 3% FG 23.1

Payton Pritchard PTS 18.6 REB 4.6 AST 5.4 FG% 47.9 3% FG 34.1

Nico Mannion PTS 15.0 REB 2.0 AST 5.9 FG% 50.8 3% FG 46.7

What stands out to me is:

Devon Dotson with the lowest AST per game

Cole Anthony with the lowest FG%

Nico Mannion 2nd lowest PPG but the most efficient scorer

Hagans is a horrid 3 point shooter

Cole Anthony is too ball dominant to suit me. Pounds the hell out of it and if he goes a couple possessions without a shot then he’s gonna take one come hell or high water. And, he never stops chirping at the refs. Can’t stand that

Last edited:
Cole Anthony PTS 21.0 REB 7.7 AST 4.5 FG% 38.5 3% FG 36.4

Devon Dotson PTS 19.7 REB 4.0 AST 4.3 FG% 50.0 3% FG 31.3

Tre Jones PTS 15.1 REB 3.6 AST 7.0 FG% 40.0 3% FG 32.1

Cassius Winston PTS 17.9 REB 2.1 AST 6.0 FG% 43.2 3% FG 36.4

Ashton Hagans PTS 13.7 REB 4.3 AST 5.5 FG% 46.3 3% FG 23.1

Payton Pritchard PTS 18.6 REB 4.6 AST 5.4 FG% 47.9 3% FG 34.1

Nico Mannion PTS 15.0 REB 2.0 AST 5.9 FG% 50.8 3% FG 46.7

What stands out to me is:

Devon Dotson with the lowest AST per game

Cole Anthony with the lowest FG%

Nico Mannion 2nd lowest PPG but the most efficient scorer

Hagans is a horrid 3 point shooter

Why is Zavier Simpson still being omitted?

I think it's time we give some props to Charlie Moore in this thread. Proving that sometimes all it takes is the right opportunity.

17.1ppg, 6.6apg, 1.6spg, 44.9FG%, 41.5 3ptFG%, team is undefeated.

Reactions: ThePhog08
Goddamn Simpson is shooting 44.4% from 3? What world do we live in?
A different one apparently. Lol

If he keeps that above 35% with Michigan's other shooters (and Teske anchoring the paint) AND the much faster tempo, lord have mercy on Michigan opponents all season long. What happened in the Bahamas will be commonplace.

A different one apparently. Lol

If he keeps that above 35% with Michigan's other shooters (and Teske anchoring the paint) AND the much faster tempo, lord have mercy on Michigan opponents all season long. What happened in the Bahamas will be commonplace.
I mean you guys had a great run in the Bahamas, but do you expect to keep up that shooting? Seems.... unlikely. I think you guys are a great team no doubt but I would be shocked if UM could keep up that shooting. They would have a legit 40-0 shot if they did.

I mean you guys had a great run in the Bahamas, but do you expect to keep up that shooting? Seems.... unlikely. I think you guys are a great team no doubt but I would be shocked if UM could keep up that shooting. They would have a legit 40-0 shot if they did.
That's why I mentioned 35% with him. 44% over the whole season would be bonkers and yes, we would be close to unbeatable pretty much. I think he will settle into that 32-35 range, which is still a significant improvement for him.

I do expect 3 or 4 guys to stay at 38-40% all year tho. Livers, Brooks, Wagner and maybe DeJulius. DDJ prob will turn into a hot or cold kind of a shooter.

Simpson is my number 2 right now. Best player on the best team currently.

Who is 1 so far?
The best point guard in the country is Cassius Winston in my biased eyes still. Best last year and best this year.

Even though he’s had a few stinkers, but I, and most people should, give him kinda of a pass for his 7 point 2 assists game because of everything going on in his personal life right now. Izzo has even said they didn’t really get to practice much because of all of it.

Don’t argue with me on this Hail. I put your guy 2.

Edit: He isn’t even playing bad. Averaging 18 and 6. I have seen him shoot enough to believe that 36% from 3 comes up, along with his 43% field goal percentage.

If Simpson continues the year on this pace with these percentages and that team success, and Cassius doesn’t improve, I will admit Simpson is better. But Cassius took it to him last year, 3 times, and was just overall the better player.

The best point guard in the country is Cassius Winston in my biased eyes still. Best last year and best this year.

Even though he’s had a few stinkers, but I, and most people should, give him kinda of a pass for his 7 point 2 assists game because of everything going on in his personal life right now. Izzo has even said they didn’t really get to practice much because of all of it.

Don’t argue with me on this Hail. I put your guy 2.

Edit: He isn’t even playing bad. Averaging 18 and 6. I have seen him shoot enough to believe that 36% from 3 comes up, along with his 43% field goal percentage.

I’d agree that Cassius is the best going forward. Just weird to see him considered the best so far IMO.

I have yet to see anyone I'd rather have than Dotson. Haven't seen this Nico character though. Unless it's the chick that recorded with Velvet Underground and Andy Warhol.

I don't think he'll get a whole lot of love for potential All-American honors because his team is so-so, but Tyrese Haliburton is one of the best point guards in the country. Here are his numbers through 7 games:

15.7 ppg, 6.0 reb, 8.9 assists (tied for 2nd in the nation), 3.0 steals, 51.2% fg, 38.5% 3-pt

Haliburton, Tre, and Mannion have stood out to me for all around play. Mannion isn’t the defender the first 2 are but is very talented offensively with insane touch and knows how to run a team. Don’t blame Haliburton for the team around him being mediocre, Cassius has been a bit disappointing to start but I’m sure he’ll pick it up

Haven't seen any other than Seton Hall and UNC both vs Oregon and I'm happy to see Pritchard off to a great start as a senior. Oregon would be screwed w/o him. He probably wont do mush as a pro but he's a great college PG. IF Dante is as good as advertised and the other youngsters, Lawson and CJW develop as they should the Ducks will have a shot. When Pritchard sits the whole offense comes to a grinding halt.

Malachi Flynn isn’t in top tier but I think he’s top 10, has been amazing for San Diego State

Saw this posted on the Duke board. I got a chuckle out of it.

GPNqyRX.jpg

Reactions: Quavarius
Tre Jones has to be near the top. Great defender, 15+ ppg, 7.4apg, 3.5rpg, 2.2spg.
I am not sure Tre is the best all around PG. His scoring still isn't elite level, yet, but he has coaches changing their entire offensive game plans around what he can do on the defensive side of the ball. He is very disruptive. His leadership is off the charts and he does facilitate very well. His shooting is a little better this year IMO. Not sure about % is on that but his confidence and shot look better.

I still think Cassius Winston is the best PG in the country.

I am not sure Tre is the best all around PG. His scoring still isn't elite level, yet, but he has coaches changing their entire offensive game plans around what he can do on the defensive side of the ball. He is very disruptive. His leadership is off the charts and he does facilitate very well. His shooting is a little better this year IMO. Not sure about % is on that but his confidence and shot look better.

I still think Cassius Winston is the best PG in the country.

I don’t care if he’s the best or not; I’m just glad he came back for his sophomore year. We haven’t had a returning starting PG since Quinn Cook and it makes a difference.

Reactions: tw3301 and denniden
I don’t care if he’s the best or not; I’m just glad he came back for his sophomore year. We haven’t had a returning starting PG since Quinn Cook and it makes a difference.
I agree, was just going on the thread topic. I hope Jones stays all four years. There is no doubt how important he is.

Matt Coleman should get getting some hype if he isn't already

I still think numbers wise it is Haliburton

But Coleman is just efficient.
No wasted shots IMO

Just in the Big XII alone, Haliburton, Likele, Dotson, and Butler all have higher efficiency numbers than Coleman. I'll give MC credit for developing into a really solid shooter. He was a very below average shooter coming out of high school. I want to say he shot at or near 20% from 3 in the EYBL games.

ADVERTISEMENT