ADVERTISEMENT

********Official UNC Coaching-Search Thread********

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
Any predictions, announcements, rumors, opinions, and more can be posted.

My unofficial, poorly thought out, shortlist:

Tony Bennett
Nate Oats
Eric Musselman
Hubert Davis
Wes Miller
LeVelle Morton

I'd give Jay Wright a call but I don't think he takes it. I think he remains at Villanova unless he wants to give the NBA a shot

My unofficial, poorly thought out, shortlist:

Tony Bennett
Nate Oats
Eric Musselman
Hubert Davis
Wes Miller
LeVelle Morton

I'd give Jay Wright a call but I don't think he takes it. I think he remains at Villanova unless he wants to give the NBA a shot

UNC fans would lose their shit going from UNC’s style of play under Roy to Bennett’s lol

How about Andy Enfield? He seems to be criminally underrated considering what he did at Florida Gulf Coast and Southern Cal.

Wes Miller seems to be the name most expect

If they stay in the family, it's probably Hubert Davis. Wes Miller would be option #2.

Externally, you have a lot more options:
Scott Drew, Baylor
Nate Oats, Alabama
Eric Musselman, Arkansas
Porter Moser, Loyola Chicago
Brad Underwood, Illiniois
Chris Holtmann, Ohio State

Rick Barnes is a North Carolina native, and he would make some sense if he wasn't 66.

Reactions: WojoRising
My wish list is Mark Few or Brad Stevens.

Jerry Stackhouse and Vince Carter would be interesting. I think they keep it in house though.

It has to be someone good. I say stupid shit on here, but seriously, I'd like to think this was a long time coming and it's already thought out.

If they stay in the family, it's probably Hubert Davis. Wes Miller would be option #2.

Scott Drew, Baylor
Nate Oats, Alabama
Eric Musselman, Arkansas

Rick Barnes is a North Carolina native, and he would make some sense if he wasn't 66.
I'm hearing Hubert Davis.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I have a feeling Brad Stevens isn't leaving the NBA anytime soon. I could be wrong, though.

I hope you're right! Would love it so much for that program!

And now according to some people on this forum, you are considered racist if you disagree that Hubert Davis is a competent coach. Well then, lets see if UNC will go on with political correctness and hire Hubert Davis, this will be fun.

I say hire Stackhouse and bring in Rasheed as an assistant. Stackhouse is from Kinston and Wallace is coaching HS basketball in Durham, end of search! SmokinSmile

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
And now according to some people on this forum, you are considered racist if you disagree that Hubert Davis is a competent coach. Well then, lets see if UNC will go on with political correctness and hire Hubert Davis, this will be fun.

What you said earlier was racist. You really suck at this, the more you speak the more you prove how much of an idiot you are.

• Haha
What you said earlier was racist. You really suck at this, the more you speak the more you prove how much of an idiot you are.
Well then, enjoy Hubert Davis as your next head coach. Considering the two titles in 2005 and 2009 will be vacated soon, there may be less pressure on him so perhaps he will outperform his expectation.
:cool:

It's not racist to think Hubert isn't fit for the job. That's fine. But, if you categorically dismiss an entire demographic based on race, then yes, that would be racist.

Is this basketballreasons guy that one dude who harped on and on about the UNC academic stuff for years but under a different username now? Does he think this is like 5 years ago or something?

Scott Drew, Baylor
Nate Oats, Alabama
Eric Musselman, Arkansas

Scott Drew would be a very interesting hire, from an outsider’s perspective.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Is this basketballreasons guy that one dude who harped on and on about the UNC academic stuff for years but under a different username now? Does he think this is like 5 years ago or something?
He’s a fvcking moron. And racist, I think.

• Haha
Will be interesting to see if Nate Oats goes to a hoops school or creates his own legacy at a football school that doesn't have much in-terms of hoops history.

ADVERTISEMENT