ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

I think UNLV got four quality transfers thus far. All four are from the B12. Still need 2-4 players. Lost 10 due to transfer. Sheriff, I hope Beard can haul in Bryce Hamilton. If he decide to work harder on the defensive end and play with some other talented players, he is brutal. Nasty, nasty when he is not double and triple teamed.
Williams by far is the best.

Avatar from OU impresses me as well. His offensive game isn't refine. But there are things there that you like.

Regarding Hamilton. We will see.
Chris Beard is selling a winning team. First and foremost for any player. They must want to win.
Not all players think that way.

Reactions: bern1955
How's his knee?

Not sure. Though, I'm guessing the staff feels reasonbly comfortable with his health. Can't imagine they would a waste a valuable spot on Theo John if they thought he was high risk for having a prolonged injury.

Not sure. Though, I'm guessing the staff feels reasonbly comfortable with his health. Can't imagine they would a waste a valuable spot on Theo John if they thought he was high risk for having a prolonged injury.

Unless there weren't many/any other transfer options.

How many scholarship spots does Duke still have?

Love the Manek pickup for UNC. I kinda wish UK threw their hat in the ring for him. Would have been an awesome fit next to Oscar.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Yes, until Duke swooped in. I'm not saying Duke should recruit differently. Of course, you make your roster as strong as possible. It's just funny to watch these guys get recruited over. He may be perfectly happy at Duke but I don't see him ever being a meaningful starter at this current rate. If he's fine with that, great.
I wouldn't say Coleman's getting recruited over. He should still get minutes backing up the 4 spot when Paolo is off the floor this year and should get all the minutes he can handle as a junior.

Duke literally has no recruits so far in the Class of 2022 so I'd imagine with another year of S&C, Coleman is close to a lock to start.

I wouldn't say Coleman's getting recruited over. He should still get minutes backing up the 4 spot when Paolo is off the floor this year and should get all the minutes he can handle as a junior.

Duke literally has no recruits so far in the Class of 2022 so I'd imagine with another year of S&C, Coleman is close to a lock to start.

Yeah I'm sure Duke won't get any top recruits for the 2022 class.

Hubert talks about wanting to play with more space and really wanting his stretch 4 to be that so we will see.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Hubert talks about wanting to play with more space and really wanting his stretch 4 to be that so we will see.

Yeah, he is certainly putting his recruiting where his mouth is. Justin McCoy was recruited as a combo forward to play as a stretch 4 and now Manek. I’m guessing he’ll still need at least one 5 to come in and back up Bacot. Even then there won’t be a lot of size on next years squad.

Yeah, he is certainly putting his recruiting where his mouth is. Justin McCoy was recruited as a combo forward to play as a stretch 4 and now Manek. I’m guessing he’ll still need at least one 5 to come in and back up Bacot. Even then there won’t be a lot of size on next years squad.

Yeah, thought Aidoo was that guy but he wasn't interested. Maybe he knew he was going to UT and so just didn't bother with it though.

Manek and Bacot together might give you issues on defense.

Manek can't guard the perimeter at a high enough level.

Bacot is fine on defense. So it would really just be Manek and he seemed fine when I watched him this year. He wasn't a defensive savant or anything but think he will do alright. They may struggle against the PnR but most teams struggle there anyway.

Bacot is fine on defense. So it would really just be Manek and he seemed fine when I watched him this year. He wasn't a defensive savant or anything but think he will do alright. They may struggle against the PnR but most teams struggle there anyway.

How much of the floor a player can guard.
Each player has a certain percentage. Problem with bigs is they are the ones with the highest amount of space that can't be covered.

Power forward position has changed...
You can throw one on the floor who can't guard the perimeter and out but not two

How much of the floor a player can guard.
Each player has a certain percentage. Problem with bigs is they are the ones with the highest amount of space that can't be covered.

Power forward position has changed...
You can throw one on the floor who can't guard the perimeter and out but not two

Sure it can be an issue. UNC had two at all times who couldn't this year and their defense was ranked pretty well. It was their offense that sucked so bad.

Could Kansas possibly lose 4 straight to Texas...

Could count this up as one.

I don’t think Bill actually wanted him. He said awhile ago that he thought they were good with bigs.

KU already has three players who will likely only play the 5 and each appears to be deserving of playing time. Not sure why they’d want a 6’7 big who can only play the 5.

I don’t think Bill actually wanted him. He said awhile ago that he thought they were good with bigs.

KU already has three players who will likely only play the 5 and each appears to be deserving of playing time. Not sure why they’d want a 6’7 big who can only play the 5.

According to Harmon Chris Beard is talking some serious shit.

Not afraid to say that he is wanting to win at an extremely high level this year.
Players are attracted to that.

Bishop was.
I don't know all the pieces.
I think they like him because he doesn't clog lanes but still adds to the offense.
Can defend a lot of the floor.

You can match him with another big and he won't take anything from the team.

I don't think Bishop can exclusively play the 5. He definitely isn't a center to me. He has a nice handle and is a pretty fluid guy. He seems to think he can shoot but we'll see about that. That is the one issue with him playing the 4 on offense but outside of the shooting he looks way more like a 4 than a 5 IMO.

I don't think Bishop can exclusively play the 5. He definitely isn't a center to me. He has a nice handle and is a pretty fluid guy. He seems to think he can shoot but we'll see about that. That is the one issue with him playing the 4 on offense but outside of the shooting he looks way more like a 4 than a 5 IMO.
I can’t say I watched Creighton routinely, but he seems to be pretty limited offensively. Can only score at the rim. Can’t drive or shoot. He took four threes all year and made one.

According to Harmon Chris Beard is talking some serious shit.

Not afraid to say that he is wanting to win at an extremely high level this year.
Players are attracted to that.

Bishop was.
I don't know all the pieces.
I think they like him because he doesn't clog lanes but still adds to the offense.
Can defend a lot of the floor.

You can match him with another big and he won't take anything from the team.
KU insider said that Self told him he’d be a backup.

I’d been hearing that he was ready to commit to KU awhile ago, because he wanted to be close to home (KC area). Think it just wasn’t a fit.

Reactions: RedRaiderFan5
The guy played the position because Creighton had no choice.

He sacrificed a lot for Creighton.
His Dad pretty much confirmed this on Twitter.

Didn't want to be on the plantation anymore....
We will see what happens I believe the Texas staff believes there is more to his game than you have seen at Creighton

I can’t say I watched Creighton routinely, but he seems to be pretty limited offensively. Can only score at the rim. Can’t drive or shoot. He took four threes all year and made one.

I agree totally with the shooting but do think he has the ability to drive a bit. For his position I actually like his handles.

Everything has to be on the table here.

Hopefully Christian knows what it will take so there aren't any issues.

I see why teams would stay away...Too many voices in his ear.
But if those voices and the coaching staff have the same voices it won't matter

Unless there weren't many/any other transfer options.

How many scholarship spots does Duke still have?

Before this week, we had 5 scholarships available. FWIW, we rarely use all of the scholarships on players that were recruited. 1991 and 2017 are the only years under K where we've had 13 recruited players under scholarship. And it makes sense why; K knows he's realistically only playing 7-9 guys meaningful minutes. Anything more than 11 often leads to multiple guys being frustrated, due to a lack of PT.

Banchero and Williams are projected to start at the 4 and 5. Coleman didn't see a whole lot of time last year, and we most likely sought a transfer that could have a bigger impact than him. From my perspective, Duke was very clearly looking for the first big off the bench. Bates Jones is an insurance/practice player. Would be hard to recruit another valuable transfer big, as not many would be highly interested in coming to a new school where they know they're not going to start, and they'd struggle just to get double-digit minutes. If Theo John was a high risk player, Duke would seek his commitment after they already landed a valuable/reliable big. Theo John's presence, combined with Banchero & Williams, would scare off other potential transfers.

Reactions: sgrooms
Like the response from the father there.

You know, I'm not a big fan of that. The guy he was responding has no followers (Ok, one follower). By responding, he's only giving that nobody a voice.

You know, I'm not a big fan of that. The guy he was responding has no followers (Ok, one follower). By responding, he's only giving that nobody a voice.
Sure, I agree with that. The best thing to do is ignore it. I like the response itself though. I think what he says was the proper way to address it. Agree simply not addressing it is ideal.

Reactions: sgrooms
You see why the Creighton coach made his irresponsible comments

The point was correct but the wording was terrible.

These players all have a stake here because they are putting in that work for something.
A lot of individual goals that don't meet team goals.

We will see if Beard brought in the correct player.
Good to have individual goals because it brings up the team.

Porter Moses has snagged Tanner Groves (Eastern Washington) from the transfer portal. Huge get for Oklahoma. Guy dropped 35 on Kansas in the NCAA Tournament. Groves and Krutwig will make for an interesting frontcourt duo. Skill-level is off the charts. You wonder how they might match up against long, athletic frontcourts, though. Krutwig does really well with PnR defense, from what I've observed. Not sure about Groves. Should be a fun tandem to watch, regardless. This easily puts them in the top 25, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT