ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

giphy.gif

We don't currently have any Centers..............
You guys recruited him pretty hard out of high school, right?

You guys recruited him pretty hard out of high school, right?
Yeah, but his parents weren't too fond of Pitino. Ben Johnson was his primary recruiter though, so they have a good relationship. Apparently Theo was looking to play overseas, but due to the pandemic, those gigs are more sparse and not paying as well as in the past. He'll have alot of offers but hopefully he comes home in the end.

Reactions: WojoRising
Theo John is leaving Marquette. Far from a star, but the kind of role player that could really round out a roster.

I'd gladly take him. Guessing he doesn't want to be a back-up, though. I think he could realistically merit 15+ minutes at Duke. We're down to 5 potential returning players (Roach, Moore, Williams, Baker, Coleman) and three 5-star recruits (Paolo, Griffin, Keels). We could really use one more guard and one more big. Might have to get a couple of mid-majors that are willing to compete for PT. Not sure many/any P6 players are going to want to transfer to Duke for a diminished role.

Reactions: WojoRising
I'd gladly take him. Guessing he doesn't want to be a back-up, though. I think he could realistically merit 15+ minutes at Duke. We're down to 5 potential returning players (Roach, Moore, Williams, Baker, Coleman) and three 5-star recruits (Paolo, Griffin, Keels). We could really use one more guard and one more big. Might have to get a couple of mid-majors that are willing to compete for PT. Not sure many/any P6 players are going to want to transfer to Duke for a diminished role.
Oh, absolutely. I’d love to have him and Coleman to provide some grit and toughness in the post while requiring no plays run for them.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Not seeing any talk about Jalen Pickett.

6’4 PG who stuffs the statsheet. 46 and 13 assists in a a game as a freshman. Grabbed 14 boards in a game. Seems to be clutch and can score in a variety of ways.

His numbers went down this year, but I think that was due to an injury.

Last edited:
Did you like Royce Hamm and Donovan Williams, Sheriff?

Hamm played on that elite Houston Hoops AAU squad with De'Aaron Fox and Carsen Edwards among others.
Hamm is energy. Kruger brought him in and that guy that looks like Avatar.
Because they can guard a lot of the floor and rebound.
Don't know how many points either can provide but they are decent bigs.

Donovan Williams has a high ceiling. Can be a scorer on all three levels.
Didn't get the minutes.
He is from Elkins HS here in Fort Bend County so have seen a lot of him.
Could be your best player.
Provides some on the defensive end as well.

Reactions: 1Tripoda

"“I think his ceiling has not been reached yet,” Quattrocchi said. “He’s a very talented basketball player.”

The 4-star prospect from Nebraska is considered an elite scorer whom Quattrocchi said can score on all three levels at a high clip."

"“I think his ceiling has not been reached yet,” Quattrocchi said. “He’s a very talented basketball player.”

The 4-star prospect from Nebraska is considered an elite scorer whom Quattrocchi said can score on all three levels at a high clip."

Different player. That one is still on Oklahoma State.

I don't think he stays. Not going to get on the court

Hamm played on that elite Houston Hoops AAU squad with De'Aaron Fox and Carsen Edwards among others.
Hamm is energy. Kruger brought him in and that guy that looks like Avatar.
Because they can guard a lot of the floor and rebound.
Don't know how many points either can provide but they are decent bigs.

Didn't get the minutes.
He is from Elkins HS here in Fort Bend County so have seen a lot of him.
Could be your best player.
Provides some on the defensive end as well.
I think UNLV got four quality transfers thus far. All four are from the B12. Still need 2-4 players. Lost 10 due to transfer. Sheriff, I hope Beard can haul in Bryce Hamilton. If he decide to work harder on the defensive end and play with some other talented players, he is brutal. Nasty, nasty when he is not double and triple teamed.

Harmon is legit.

Surprised KU isn't going hard after him.

Harmon is an instant impact player regardless of what team he plays on next year.

Bad way for Moser to start his time at OU

Dumb move by Harmon. He should be salivating at the chance to play for a coach like Moser and with a passing big man like Krutwig.

Our rumored third assistant, Jamie McNeilly, recruited him for Buzz out if Canada. McNeilly is one of the most connected recruiters in Canada. Would be a huge coup if we could land him.

McNeilly's nephew, Cashius, is also transferring from A and M. He redshirted last season due to injury, but he was a top 150 recruit out if HS. As long as things don't fall through, he's likely a lock to land here.

Jalen pickett is supposedly down to gonzaga, michigan, baylor, penn state, and miami. Some heavy hitters there, especially when it comes to transfers. He should be getting more hype.

I love watching Henry Coleman getting recruited over.

Did he even consider you guys much?

We had 8 scholarship players just two days ago. Should we settle for mid-major transfers to round out our roster? Can't really expect a job to given to you, it has to be earned. If you don't progress, your minutes will remain relatively low (i.e. Josh Hairston).

Reactions: jhmossy
Did he even consider you guys much?

We had 8 scholarship players just two days ago. Should we settle for mid-major transfers to round out our roster? Can't really expect a job to given to you, it has to be earned. If you don't progress, your minutes will remain relatively low (i.e. Josh Hairston).

Yes, until Duke swooped in. I'm not saying Duke should recruit differently. Of course, you make your roster as strong as possible. It's just funny to watch these guys get recruited over. He may be perfectly happy at Duke but I don't see him ever being a meaningful starter at this current rate. If he's fine with that, great.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Jimmy Boeheim heading to ‘Cuse next year - Buddy, Jimmy, Swider, Girard, they’ve got some shooters

scratch um off picketts list, sounds like jacob young in michigans transfer priority right now

Yes, until Duke swooped in. I'm not saying Duke should recruit differently. Of course, you make your roster as strong as possible. It's just funny to watch these guys get recruited over. He may be perfectly happy at Duke but I don't see him ever being a meaningful starter at this current rate. If he's fine with that, great.

I honestly didn't follow his recruitment that closely. Saw some highlight videos and didn't get overly excited. He plays hard; I like that aspect. But yes, not sure he'll get many minutes this year.

Wouldn't blame him if he eventually transferred. We're going to bring in 3-4 top 25 kids every year. It's a tough situation for 4-star recruits because you might be the 7th or 8th guy, see several guys leave, and then you're back to the same role again (i.e. O'Connell, DeLaurier, Baker). To get serious minutes, either these guys have to get significantly better, or Duke has to have a relatively underwhelming class.

Reactions: jhmossy
Bates Jones transferring to Duke, from Davidson. Probably won't see much action, though.

ADVERTISEMENT