ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

@WeAreDePaul Charlie Moore is transferring again? Geese. Apparently 3 schools wasn't enough. Maybe the fourth time will be a charm?

lol, how many years of college do you get?

his college career is starting to look like mine....

University of Oklahoma (one semester)
College of Lake County JUCO (one semester)
Triton Junior College (one year)
University of Wisconsin Madison (1.5 years)
DePaul University (2.5 years)
DePaul University Law School (3 years)

That's 9 years of college including law school. If you just want to talk undergrad I got 5 schools in 6 years. Cmon Charlie, you can beat that!

Who is this Timmy Allen from Utah?

Never heard of him but Utah people think he is good

tenor.gif

Tim Allen is probably the most famous alum from my highschool. Supposedly he did a lot of drugs.

My wife is friends with his niece, they went to MSU together. All of the stories about him are true.

Reactions: MGC_07
The non trafficking Tim Allen was one of my favorite guys in the portal this year. A real old school game.

Tim Allen has/had a house in a small town in the Rockies I spent of lot of time at over the years. Locals said he regularly ate lunch at the saloon where I hung out but I never saw him. Guy who did his drywall said he’s a dick...but his wife’s cool.

Reactions: MGC_07
Big 10 folks, what can you tell me about Seth Lundy from Penn State?

Who is this Timmy Allen from Utah?

Never heard of him but Utah people think he is good

Many see him as a slasher. He also has playmaking ability, and he likes to post-up quite a bit. Mid-range game is decent, too. Probably suited for the 3, but he's versatile enough where he could realistically play anywhere from the 1 to the 4. Needs to work on ball control and perimeter shooting. He won't get 35+ minutes at Texas like he did at Utah, so I expect his raw numbers will decline a bit. I would project his stats to be very comparable to that of Andrew Jones. I think Jones will score a little more, and Allen will probably rebound at a higher rate.

Michigan, Alabama, and UCLA are the only three P6 schools to not have a player enter the transfer portal. That's sad.

Wow, sad indeed. College free agency smh. Once the NIL stuff comes thru it’s really gonna be a free agent free for all every off season.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Let's review the Texas Tech's transfers.

Committed to Another School
Nimari Burnett to Alabama
Micah Peavy to TCU

In the portal
Mac McClung (could go pro, too)
Kyler Edwards
Jamarius Burton
Tyreek Smith
Vladislav Goldin

4-star HS recruit Jaylon Tyson followed Beard to Texas

Wow, sad indeed. College free agency smh. Once the NIL stuff comes thru it’s really gonna be a free agent free for all every off season.

Yup, it will essentially become the minor leagues. On the bright side, maybe the NIL will incentivize some players to stick around longer?

Reactions: sgrooms
Let's review the Texas Tech's transfers.

Committed to Another School
Nimari Burnett to Alabama
Micah Peavy to TCU

In the portal
Mac McClung (could go pro, too)
Kyler Edwards
Jamarius Burton
Tyreek Smith
Vladislav Goldin

4-star HS recruit Jaylon Tyson followed Beard to Texas
Yep, gutted. Adams has his work cut out for him. He did just flip KJ Allen from USC.

Reactions: dukedevilz
i love this new transfer system. Forces coaches to either keep their players happy or risk losing them. gonna be a lot tougher for big time programs to stash great players on their bench or not give minutes to freshmen and that's going to result in the smaller programs getting better players than they previously would've gotten.

I guess Beard took the bag man with him. Winking

Seriously though, It's definitely concerning, but Adams has said he only wants players here who are 100% committed, not just 99%. So, I'm not sure if he is weeding out some and it's run off more than he intended or what. We are retaining 2 starters and 3 big contributors. Plus Shannon has said if he doesn't get the grade he likes he will return.

Either way, we are used to major turnover already with Beard. He was retooling the roster every year already.

Reactions: InvestmentBanker
I’m not so sure. All I foresee happening is as soon as a kid does anything impactful at a mid major, he will be looking for a P6 to transfer to.

I dislike this as much as you like it @WeAreDePaul

And the days of stashing freshmen away on the bench have been long gone anyways.

Reactions: tw3301
ADVERTISEMENT