ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Today is Today's Game Thread***

We'd have more cardboard cutouts in the lower arena if they knew how to turn on a computer. Surprising, the db level is exactly the same.

It was Northwestern St but the team looked good.

920x920.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WestTexasRaider
Villanova looks like they are in serious trouble, the game is slipping away from them.

Still not buying Villanova as a great team. I think people are giving Wright the benefit of the doubt based on recent history, but I don't think the talent on this team compares to the title-winning teams. Could be wrong.

Well, 11 > 8 is the elementary school math that we all learned 20-30 years ago as little kids, didnt we?
:)

I mean if that's how you choose to rank programs, it's pretty black and white. Would you argue that Kansas has an inferior program to UConn and is equal to Villanova? I think that would be shortsighted.

Similar shit to last year

Running people off the line and the bigs cleaning up.
Texas was a little more aggressive at times. Forced the issue plus attempted to speed up the tempo.
Texas was a slow tempo team last year. This year I think Shaka going to use his depth

There was an obvious talent difference in that game.
But like I said. Texas wants to have the best defense in the Big 12.

I told Kai Jones 4 months ago on Twitter that the first time I saw him walk on the court I saw a future NBA All Star...

He liked the tweet and worked his ass off in the off-season. He knows he is.
The S&C coach that we brought in from Kansas did a lot with him.

He looks stronger and even more explosive. He will jump up the NBA draft board.
He won't play after this year.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
i know the game has just started but the Zags look really good
Prototypical Gonzaga team. All offense and no defense. Every game is a race to 100. Entertaining to watch. Zags shot 68% from the field in the first half, KU shot 55%. 😆

Prototypical Gonzaga team. All offense and no defense. Every game is a race to 100. Entertaining to watch. Zags shot 68% from the field in the first half, KU shot 55%. 😆
Love that a typical Gonzaga team is one that is leading by 8 at halftime against a top 6 team!

Gonzaga is normally pretty decent---to really good, defensively.

Self started the game trying to play through the post and KU offense was shit the first 10 minutes. Self will always try and be a post team first. The last 5 years he usually realizes he has to abandon that.

KU will lose this game by 10-15 points in the end and it won’t bother me. KU just doesn’t have the horses to play Zags this early in the year. Most Self teams usually play awful to start the year. Then middle of the season from late December to early March play great. Only to go back to playing awful once the tournament begins. Probably because KU owns the Big 12.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
KU has had a bit of a rough whistle this 2nd half. A few offensive fouls on Zags not called while called differently on KU’s end. Sucks but happens.

When was this...

Like I have explained on here before...
The difference between Villanova and Gonzaga

Both usually have very efficient offenses.
But only one of them really takes pride in just being a bully
That one has won NC
Have you forgotten GU’s 2017 team? Best defense in the country and it lead them to an NC berth.

When was this...
I am starting to think you just post stuff, hoping it is true. Or, you don't really watch anyone outside of Texas....

KenPom AdjD last 10 seasons...

2020: 43
2019: 12
2018: 18
2017: 1
2016: 27
2015: 16
2014: 18
2013: 30
2012: 33
2011: 44

Five times GU has had a Top 20 defense....7 Times Top 30. Only three times have they been outside the Top 30---and never out of the Top 50.

So, to answer your question of, "when was this..."----Ummm, like for the past 10 seasons.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
ADVERTISEMENT