ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official SEC In-Season Thread***

Ok then, The SEC/Big 12 Challenge is over. For those of you that got your asses beat there will be detention on Monday. I'm not going to name names cause y'all know who you are.

Some good games this week:
Tues. Aggy @ Arky
Wed. UT @ UF
UGA @ Barn
LSU @ Mizzou

A Dr note will be required to miss a game. Looking at you bama...

Ok then, The SEC/Big 12 Challenge is over. For those of you that got your asses beat there will be detention on Monday. I'm not going to name names cause y'all know who you are.

Some good games this week:
Tues. Aggy @ Arky
Wed. UT @ UF
UGA @ Barn
LSU @ Mizzou

A Dr note will be required to miss a game. Looking at you bama...
Nothing to be said about Bama's game yesterday other than if you watched it, you saw a good ole ass beating by the Sooners. 2 games in a row that Bama has not looked like what we have come to expect. I suppose as young as they are, now is the time to slump before the real season gets here. RTR!!! As Always!!!

Nothing to be said about Bama's game yesterday other than if you watched it, you saw a good ole ass beating by the Sooners. 2 games in a row that Bama has not looked like what we have come to expect. I suppose as young as they are, now is the time to slump before the real season gets here. RTR!!! As Always!!!
I knew you wouldn't cut and run. This is the thing that gives CBB it's charm. In CFB you kinda know you're going to win sometimes. In CBB you can play like crap and a weak team cannot miss and you get your ass beat. We play UF next and I'll be nervous as can be. It makes it more fun.

Ran into a buzzsaw.

Itā€™s hard to play when you are the hunted. Teams are laying in the weeds just waiting on you to come into their gym.

Ran into a buzzsaw.

Itā€™s hard to play when you are the hunted. Teams are laying in the weeds just waiting on you to come into their gym.
Losing UT and OU and adding UC, BYU, UCF, and Houston is definitely a net loss although it will give those programs a boost moving to a major conference. Houston has the fertile recruiting grounds to maintain a high level of play as long as they make the right hire(s) after Sampson retires. Cincinnati has shown they are capable of competing at the highest level for sustained periods when Huggins was there. Again, just gotta get the right coach. BYU is hit or miss. I doubt they will be consistently good. It's not easy to recruit non-Mormons into that shitshow. UCF is just there to give them an even number of teams and will be at the bottom of the league most years.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Losing UT and OU and adding UC, BYU, UCF, and Houston is definitely a net loss although it will give those programs a boost moving to a major conference. Houston has the fertile recruiting grounds to maintain a high level of play as long as they make the right hire(s) after Sampson retires. Cincinnati has shown they are capable of competing at the highest level for sustained periods when Huggins was there. Again, just gotta get the right coach. BYU is hit or miss. I doubt they will be consistently good. It's not easy to recruit non-Mormons into that shitshow. UCF is just there to give them an even number of teams and will be at the bottom of the league most years.
They are definitely taking a step down in basketball, but it will be a massive step down in football.

Are you in in way referring to Coach Cal? Just asking for SOME friends. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Just because UK is on their 3rd string PG doesn't mean they need a jynx.

*definitely need it now

VOLS GATAS Tonight!!
Time 7:00 PM EST
Place HOGTOWN ARENA

Solid shooting night from Tennessee. šŸ„¶
178595-7.jpg

At least you'll talk Tennessee now. I was beginning to think we intimidated you.

Dear vols,

Your daddy big dick Bruce will be visiting you this Saturday. Remember auburn has won 6 out the last 7 Against the vols. Coming off Auburns best offensive performance of the sec season tonight. WDE

Dear vols,

Your daddy big dick Bruce will be visiting you this Saturday. Remember auburn has won 6 out the last 7 Against the vols. Coming off Auburns best offensive performance of the sec season tonight. WDE
I like you better when you're humble. Hopefully the Vols will humble you Saturday.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
I like you better when you're humble. Hopefully the Vols will humble you Saturday.
I am just having fun @della. Auburn has been plenty humbled this season. Our offense is still suspect as hell. Auburn under Bruce does seem to always play well against Tennessee though.

Butter dick Bruce better hope his players get some offense working to have a chance at the viles place. ```````````
Auburn has its best offensive showing of the season in sec play tonight. Looks like the gold offense didnā€™t show up however. Looking forward to the following Saturday when the tahd comes to auburn. I will be in attendance

• Haha
They are definitely taking a step down in basketball, but it will be a massive step down in football.
Definitely a step down in basketball? I donā€™t see the logic behind that. By any measure, Houston has been better than either Texas or Oklahoma for several years now. I donā€™t know how long Sampson will coach, but for now theyā€™re just better.

Texas has one tourney win in almost a decade. They appeared to be on the upswing, and they have a solid roster this year, but losing Beard isnā€™t likely to be a good thing. Oklahoma has been the definition of average. Every once in awhile theyā€™ll land a Buddy Hield or Blake Griffin, but usually theyā€™re middle of the pack at best.

Itā€™s too early to say how Wes Millerā€™s going to work out in Cincinnati, but they seem to be moving in the right direction again. And BYUā€™s been fairly comparable to Oklahoma over the last decade or so.

If you think that the future looks good for those two programs, thatā€™s one thing (even though we donā€™t even know who will coach Texas), but neither program has accomplished much in the past decade plus.

I am just having fun @della. Auburn has been plenty humbled this season. Our offense is still suspect as hell. Auburn under Bruce does seem to always play well against Tennessee though.
I know I have lived up to not coming at Auburn. You seem to have forgotten it is a two way street.

Definitely a step down in basketball? I donā€™t see the logic behind that. By any measure, Houston has been better than either Texas or Oklahoma for several years now. I donā€™t know how long Sampson will coach, but for now theyā€™re just better.

Texas has one tourney win in almost a decade. They appeared to be on the upswing, and they have a solid roster this year, but losing Beard isnā€™t likely to be a good thing. Oklahoma has been the definition of average. Every once in awhile theyā€™ll land a Buddy Hield or Blake Griffin, but usually theyā€™re middle of the pack at best.

Itā€™s too early to say how Wes Millerā€™s going to work out in Cincinnati, but they seem to be moving in the right direction again. And BYUā€™s been fairly comparable to Oklahoma over the last decade or so.

If you think that the future looks good for those two programs, thatā€™s one thing (even though we donā€™t even know who will coach Texas), but neither program has accomplished much in the past decade plus.
Meh, Houston is still a mid major type school and will fall back to mediocrity once Sampson is gone. I doubt he has many more years left on the sidelines.

Meh, Houston is still a mid major type school and will fall back to mediocrity once Sampson is gone. I doubt he has many more years left on the sidelines.
Probably true, but don't discount the fertile recruiting area they are in. They are as solid a basketball school as anyone else in the country right now.

Looks like UK is shoring up their guard coaches. Tyler Ulis is on board now and Rajon Ronda will be joining the staff next season. Should be an asset in the getting the best guards available.
I was just telling my wife when he did the Y, Rajon should be in coaching. Anyone who's followed him knows he's a student of the game.

Reactions: BasketBallJunkie-UK

Maybe, maybe not. There's no reason to assume that they'll make a bad hire or that recruiting will fall off a cliff. And what makes you so sure that Texas will be a strong program without Beard? It's completely up in the air. Over the last 15 years, Texas has averaged a 5th place finish in the Big 12. 4 tourney wins in that span and one in the last 8 years. And their coaches were Barnes, Beard and Smart. It's far from guaranteed that their next coach will be better than any of them, much less all of them.

Regardless, I thought you were saying that the Big 12 would take a step down right away. If you're talking years from now, well, who knows if the conference will even exist or if all the big dogs will still be there.

Since @della left a few off her list. lol

Saturday, February 4
1:00 PM ET - SECN

Ole Miss
(9-13, 1-8 SEC)
@
Vanderbilt
(10-12, 3-6 SEC)
Memorial Gymnasium (TN) - Nashville, TN
Team Leaders
M. Murrell G14.9 PTS, 3.5 REB, 2.5 AST

L. Robbins F13.0 PTS, 5.9 REB, 1.2 AST

2:00 PM ET - ESPN

25 Auburn
(17-5, 7-2 SEC)
@
2 Tennessee
(18-4, 7-2 SEC)
Thompson-Boling Arena - Knoxville, TN
Team Leaders
W. Green Jr. G13.8 PTS, 3.2 REB, 4.4 AST

S. Vescovi G12.2 PTS, 4.5 REB, 2.9 AST

Arkansas
(15-7, 4-5 SEC)
@
South Carolina
(8-14, 1-8 SEC)
Colonial Life Arena - Columbia, SC
Team Leaders
R. Council IV G17.3 PTS, 3.2 REB, 2.4 AST

G. Jackson II F16.1 PTS, 6.6 REB, 0.9 AST

4 Alabama
(19-3, 9-0 SEC)
@
LSU
(12-10, 1-8 SEC)
Pete Maravich Assembly Center - Baton Rouge, LA
Team Leaders
B. Miller F19.2 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.9 AST

K. Williams F17.1 PTS, 7.5 REB, 0.9 AST

Missouri
(17-5, 5-4 SEC)
@
Mississippi St
(14-8, 2-7 SEC)
Humphrey Coliseum - Starkville, MS
Team Leaders
K. Brown G16.5 PTS, 6.0 REB, 2.7 AST

T. Smith F14.5 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.8 AST

Georgia
(14-8, 4-5 SEC)
@
Texas A&M
(15-7, 7-2 SEC)
Reed Arena - College Station, TX
Team Leaders
T. Roberts G15.0 PTS, 4.0 REB, 4.2 AST

W. Taylor IV G14.9 PTS, 2.9 REB, 3.9 AST

8:30 PM ET - ESPN

Florida
(13-9, 6-3 SEC)
@
Kentucky
(15-7, 6-3 SEC)
Rupp Arena - Lexington, KY
Team Leaders
C. Castleton F15.1 PTS, 7.7 REB, 2.6 AST

O. Tshiebwe F16.5 PTS, 13.6 REB, 1.4 AST

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Since @della left a few off her list. lol

Saturday, February 4
1:00 PM ET - SECN

Ole Miss
(9-13, 1-8 SEC)
@
Vanderbilt
(10-12, 3-6 SEC)
Memorial Gymnasium (TN) - Nashville, TN
Team Leaders
M. Murrell G14.9 PTS, 3.5 REB, 2.5 AST

L. Robbins F13.0 PTS, 5.9 REB, 1.2 AST

2:00 PM ET - ESPN

25 Auburn
(17-5, 7-2 SEC)
@
2 Tennessee
(18-4, 7-2 SEC)
Thompson-Boling Arena - Knoxville, TN
Team Leaders
W. Green Jr. G13.8 PTS, 3.2 REB, 4.4 AST

S. Vescovi G12.2 PTS, 4.5 REB, 2.9 AST

Arkansas
(15-7, 4-5 SEC)
@
South Carolina
(8-14, 1-8 SEC)
Colonial Life Arena - Columbia, SC
Team Leaders
R. Council IV G17.3 PTS, 3.2 REB, 2.4 AST

G. Jackson II F16.1 PTS, 6.6 REB, 0.9 AST

4 Alabama
(19-3, 9-0 SEC)
@
LSU
(12-10, 1-8 SEC)
Pete Maravich Assembly Center - Baton Rouge, LA
Team Leaders
B. Miller F19.2 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.9 AST

K. Williams F17.1 PTS, 7.5 REB, 0.9 AST

Missouri
(17-5, 5-4 SEC)
@
Mississippi St
(14-8, 2-7 SEC)
Humphrey Coliseum - Starkville, MS
Team Leaders
K. Brown G16.5 PTS, 6.0 REB, 2.7 AST

T. Smith F14.5 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.8 AST

Georgia
(14-8, 4-5 SEC)
@
Texas A&M
(15-7, 7-2 SEC)
Reed Arena - College Station, TX
Team Leaders
T. Roberts G15.0 PTS, 4.0 REB, 4.2 AST

W. Taylor IV G14.9 PTS, 2.9 REB, 3.9 AST

8:30 PM ET - ESPN

Florida
(13-9, 6-3 SEC)
@
Kentucky
(15-7, 6-3 SEC)
Rupp Arena - Lexington, KY
Team Leaders
C. Castleton F15.1 PTS, 7.7 REB, 2.6 AST

O. Tshiebwe F16.5 PTS, 13.6 REB, 1.4 AST
I didn't leave anyone off. You should note that I had said, "Big Games". Before you go and get all offended, I was referring to teams that had good records and were playing teams with good records. LSU just didn't qualify.

• Haha
Reactions: RTider77
ADVERTISEMENT