ADVERTISEMENT

***Official PAC in Season Thread***

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Because they needed one...

Zona vs UCLA is probably the most interesting game this weekend. 1-21-23 ESPN has it as 50-50 on who will win.

I got UCLA winning tonight. Home court advantage favors Arizona but I think UCLA is legit title contender and Arizona simply isn't.

Last edited:
I got UCLA winning tonight. Home field advantage favors Arizona but I think UCLA is legit title contender and Arizona simply isn't.
You might be right, but I think Zona could win it all. They are very talented.

You might be right, but I think Zona could win it all. They are very talented.

They got a great home court and can win in a one-game scenario. I just don't think they play good enough defense to win a title.

They got a great home court and can win in a one-game scenario. I just don't think they play good enough defense to win a title.
I think they like most of the contender teams can win if they catch fire, but can play a clunker and lose too.
I don't see any unbeatable team this year.

I think they like most of the contender teams can win if they catch fire, but can play a clunker and lose too.
I don't see any unbeatable team this year.

The teams that are dangerous in March are the ones that can play clunkers and still win. Arizona doesn’t play well enough on the defensive end to do that IMO. Maybe that changes before March but I’m not buying Zona as a legit contender based on what I’ve see

The teams that are dangerous in March are the ones that can play clunkers and still win. Arizona doesn’t play well enough on the defensive end to do that IMO. Maybe that changes before March but I’m not buying Zona as a legit contender based on what I’ve see
Their D was pretty good today.

Their D was pretty good today.

We'll see if Arizona can make that a trend or if UCLA just had a bad shooting night on the road. If they can, they could make their way up the list. But I'm not going to overreact to one performance. Arizona has to show me that they can bring that defense consistently, not just big games at home.

I agree Arizona is skitzo and have a hard time seeing them being good enough defensively to win it all. But they’ve played five ranked teams and beat them all. UCLA is not a contender. They just don’t have the scoring to win a title and their bigs are worthless outside Bona who is still raw. There’s a reason they’ve lost to every good team they’ve played.

Reactions: englandnu
PAC-12 fans I’m so jealous that Tim Neveratte (dude calling Stanford Oregon) works for Fox now and calls your guys’ games. He was so good calling Pirates games. After a few years he left for the Red Sox

I agree Arizona is skitzo and have a hard time seeing them being good enough defensively to win it all. But they’ve played five ranked teams and beat them all. UCLA is not a contender. They just don’t have the scoring to win a title and their bigs are worthless outside Bona who is still raw. There’s a reason they’ve lost to every good team they’ve played.

They wouldn't be one of my top 4 contenders. But, I think they're a solid secondary contender.

Really, really good defense. Jaquez is shooting much better from the perimeter than he was in the beginning of the season. He and Clark aren't the offensive liabilities like they used to be. UCLA has cold spells on offense, like most teams do. But, those offensive droughts aren't anywhere near the level of other good teams, like Tennessee or TCU.

Reactions: F-Duke
They wouldn't be one of my top 4 contenders. But, I think they're a solid secondary contender.

Really, really good defense. Jaquez is shooting much better from the perimeter than he was in the beginning of the season. He and Clark aren't the offensive liabilities like they used to be. UCLA has cold spells on offense, like most teams do. But, those offensive droughts aren't anywhere near the level of other good teams, like Tennessee or TCU.
I agree with that. This tourney is going to be wide open and I think favorable seedings and match ups will determine who cuts the nets more than any season I can remember.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Oumar Ballo is so slow on defense. Gueye can run by him at will. I don't know why more teams don't exploit him on defense. He wants to camp in the paint.

Ballo had some bad intestinal virus a few weeks ago and hasn't been the same since. You're right that he's exploitable on defense but he's even slower than usual now. I don't think there are a lot of player's of Gueye's athleticism and versatility so Arizona has been able to work around it for the most part but it's definitely an achilles heel. I'm very impressed with Gueye the few games I've watched. He looks like a first rounder to me.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Ballo had some bad intestinal virus a few weeks ago and hasn't been the same since. You're right that he's exploitable on defense but he's even slower than usual now. I don't think there are a lot of player's of Gueye's athleticism and versatility so Arizona has been able to work around it for the most part but it's definitely an achilles heel. I'm very impressed with Gueye the few games I've watched. He looks like a first rounder to me.

Didn't realize he had virus issues. But yes, he looked unusually slow last night.

I've long been a fan of Gueye. With that size and athleticism, there's definitely a spot for him in the NBA. Honestly, don't know why he wasn't rated higher out of high school. He wasn't a OAD, but there were clearly flashes from his high school tapes where you could see NBA potential. This is what I said in August of 2021.

I feel like Washington State's Mouhamed Gueye could be a OAD. Only seen bits and pieces of him, but I think his upside is somewhat comparable to Kai Jones.

Oregon playing themselves back on the bubble. Tonight they host UCLA.

Yeah, I'm excited and ready to be disappointed again.

Reactions: Sparty_57
UCLA vs Colorado in 30 minutes

PAC 12 Games Today:

Stanford at Oregon - 4:00 PM ET on CBS - Ducks are trying to keep their fringe bubble hopes alive. A home win over Stanford wouldn't move the needle much but a loss would certainly end any at large hopes that Oregon may still have. With a win, however, Oregon could end up with the #4 seed in the PAC and a bye in the conference tournament.

Utah at Colorado - 5:30 PM ET on the PAC 12 Network - PAC 12 Tournament seeding still on the line for Utah as they travel to Boulder to play a CU team that is much better at home than they are away from home.

California at Oregon State - 8:00 PM ET on the PAC 12 Network - You gotta love the game in order to watch this one. Teams have a combined 13 wins.

#8 Arizona at #4 UCLA - This should have been where college gameday went but Duke/UNC gets that special ESPN love. Bruins have already clinched the PAC 12 title with ease but I expect they will want to revenge an earlier loss to Arizona and make a push to get on the 1 line.

Arizona State at USC - 11:00 PM ET on FS1 - Huge game with bubble implications. According to Lunardi, USC has one of the last 4 byes. They would love to avoid the play in games. A win over ASU would pretty much clinch that IMO. ASU is the first team out according to Lunardi so a road win over USC would be HUGE for them. They also want to get a bye in the PAC 12 tournament so they'll be watching and seeing how Oregon fares earlier today. ASU may be playing for a first round bye in the PAC 12 tournament depending on how things play out.

Betting lines on the PAC 12 Games:

Stanford at Oregon (-7) - I'd lean towards picking Oregon ATS
Utah at Colorado (-4.5) - I'd stay away from this line. I think it's right on the money.
California at Oregon State (-7) - I'd stay away from this as well, maybe the slightest lean on taking OSU.
#8 Arizona at #4 UCLA (-5) - I like the Bruins ATS here.
Arizona State at USC (-5.5) - I'd lean towards picking USC here.

That said, betting against my picks is probably the best way to win money.

Betting lines on the PAC 12 Games:

Stanford at Oregon (-7) - I'd lean towards picking Oregon ATS
Utah at Colorado (-4.5) - I'd stay away from this line. I think it's right on the money.
California at Oregon State (-7) - I'd stay away from this as well, maybe the slightest lean on taking OSU.
#8 Arizona at #4 UCLA (-5) - I like the Bruins ATS here.
Arizona State at USC (-5.5) - I'd lean towards picking USC here.

That said, betting against my picks is probably the best way to win money.
Nice detail on the games Duckboy

Reactions: duckboy33
Ducks got off to a slow shooting night and Stanford jumped out to an early lead. Ducks rallied since then and lead 39-34 at the half.

Can’t say I’m not surprised by the UK win today. Didn’t expect it and didn’t expect us to play that good with no point guard. Reeves was locked in today. Injury’s happen and every team has them but it’s March which means no excuses. Win or go home! Congrats to all the SEC teams that won today!

Ducks missed a lot of FTs down the stretch to make thing interesting but they end up beating Stanford 73-68. Ducks clinch the #4 seed and a first round bye in the PAC 12 Tournament.

PAC Quarterfinals:

Colorado vs. #2 UCLA (-9) 3:00 ET on the PAC 12 Networks
Washington State vs. Oregon (-2.5) - 5:30 ET on the PAC 12 Networks
Stanford vs. #8 Arizona (-9) - 9:00 ET on the PAC 12 Networks
Arizona State vs. USC (-3) - 11:30 ET on ESPN

I'm taking Wazzu +2.5 today. The other games I'm staying away from. I think the lines are pretty good for today's games.

PAC Quarterfinals:

Colorado vs. #2 UCLA (-9) 3:00 ET on the PAC 12 Networks
Washington State vs. Oregon (-2.5) - 5:30 ET on the PAC 12 Networks
Stanford vs. #8 Arizona (-9) - 9:00 ET on the PAC 12 Networks
Arizona State vs. USC (-3) - 11:30 ET on ESPN

I'm taking Wazzu +2.5 today. The other games I'm staying away from. I think the lines are pretty good for today's games.

UCLA and Oregon advance in the early session. They'll play tomorrow night at 9:00 EST in the semifinals.

PAC 12 Semifinals:

Oregon vs. #2 UCLA (-6) - 9:00 ET on the PAC 12 Networks
Arizona State at #8 Arizona (-8) - 11:30 ET on ESPN

I'm not going to bet on either game; I think the lines are pretty good. I would lean towards taking UCLA and ASU ATS however. So go ahead and bet on UO and Zona if you want to make money 😭

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT