ADVERTISEMENT

**************Official Maryland Next Full-Time Head Coach Thread****************

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
Yes, Danny Manning is leading the team right now. However, if I am willing to bet money, I say he won't be hired full-time.
That said, feel free to post any predictions, who you would like to see, or anything else.

DM wont be in serious consideration IMO.
But i fully expect a political box checking hire

Seton Hall coach Kevin Willard is towards the top of my list. He is only 46, is doing a fine job, and is at a program that multiple past coaches have used as a stepping-stone.

Reactions: duckboy33
How about Ryan Odom, who, while at Utah State now, was recently at UMBC and upset #1 seed UVA in 2018?

Just throwing some names out there...

1. Nate Oats, Alabama, 47 years old
2. Andy Enfield, USC (played at John Hopkins), 52 years old
3. Kevin Willard, Seton Hall, 46 years old
4. Danny Hurley, UConn, 48 years old
5. Mark Pope, BYU, 49 years old
6. Wes Miller, Cincinnati, 38 years old
7. Danny Manning, Maryland Interim HC, 55 years old
8. Niko Medved, Colorado State, 48 years old
9. Travis Steele, Xavier, 40 years old
10. Will Wade, LSU, 39 years old

^ Oats, Enfield, Hurley, and Wade could all see the Maryland opening as a lateral move. Maryland would need to pony up if they were going to lure any of those four away. I think the other 6 guys would all be highly interested.

Willard was discussed he would be a good hire maybe. Lots of respect for UCONN what is their conference situation I know this is bad what league are they in, and are they moving? I cannot remember if they moved to the B East yikes. I never claimed to know it all! Or much. Or anything really.

Willard was discussed he would be a good hire maybe. Lots of respect for UCONN what is their conference situation I know this is bad what league are they in, and are they moving? I cannot remember if they moved to the B East yikes. I never claimed to know it all! Or much. Or anything really.

UConn moved to the Big East last season (Independent in Football). Nova is the favorite in the Big East, but wouldn't be overly surprising if UConn won it this year. Very talented group of players.

I don't think Maryland would want Will Wade. I also don't think Oats would leave Alabama for Maryland unless they offered him way more than he makes now. I'm not gonna pretend to know if they can do that

I don't think Maryland would want Will Wade. I also don't think Oats would leave Alabama for Maryland unless they offered him way more than he makes now. I'm not gonna pretend to know if they can do that
MD cant/wont.

Oats and Musselman should obviously be on the top of the wish list.
Realistic options are Miller Willard IMO

His record might not be 100% pretty. But you have to remember that, at Maryland, he would be able to definitely get better talent. Seton Hall has some basketball tradition. But still, they are a harder sell for talent than people think for multiple reasons. I think Kevin has done quite well with what he has to offer.

GettyImages-653414916.jpg

Willard is the probable fav.... Enfield is also a guy heavy hitters at MD are talking about.
Want Pearl but MD doesnt have the balls

^ Oats, Enfield, Hurley, and Wade could all see the Maryland opening as a lateral move. Maryland would need to pony up if they were going to lure any of those four away. I think the other 6 guys would all be highly interested.
I was just going to say the same thing. Also doubt they touch Wade. He's going to get hammered when the NCAA finally issues a decision on LSU and his antics, if that ever happens. It's only been 37 years.

USC's Enfield just signed a three-year extension. In addition, while he spent time in Maryland, it wouldn't really be a step up for him for multiple reasons.

People are mentioning Ryan Odom, who had a nice run at UMBC(upset #1 seed UVA in 2019) and is off to a good start at Utah State. Due to him having coached in Maryland, and at a branch of University of Maryland, he would probably be a popular hire.

People are mentioning Ryan Odom, who had a nice run at UMBC(upset #1 seed UVA in 2019) and is off to a good start at Utah State. Due to him having coached in Maryland, and at a branch of University of Maryland, he would probably be a popular hire.
Acceptable. Not sure about popular.
Exactly the safe hire I would expect

Beat me to it i dont see maryland as a huge step up from some of those programs.

Sounds like Andy Enfield, Kevin Willard, and Ed Cooley are three of the top final candidates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT