ADVERTISEMENT

**********Official Louisville Coaching-Search Thread*******

Thought Mack was a good hire at the time and had greater expectations for him, but he ultimately failed. Is what it is.

Thought Mack was a good hire at the time and had greater expectations for him, but he ultimately failed. Is what it is.
thank-you-for-being-honest-jane-fonda.gif

Would be HILARIOUS if Mack ended up back at Xavier since Steele got canned. Not gonna happen, but Mack would be begging to have that job back.

Reactions: UL_1986

Would be HILARIOUS if Mack ended up back at Xavier since Steele got canned. Not gonna happen, but Mack would be begging to have that job back.
The dude honestly seemed like he was checked out and wanted to retire. I think the Covid protocol threw a wrench in his love for the game. Mix that in with the transfer portal. He became lackadaisical in development of the players too. Don’t hate the guy or anything, just wasn’t a good fit.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan

They look just as bad if not worse. I remember them saying Steele was the real reason for Xaviers success. I'm not going to throw too much shade I thought Tom crean knew what he was doing and had faith in Archie Miller.

They look just as bad if not worse. I remember them saying Steele was the real reason for Xaviers success. I'm not going to throw too much shade I thought Tom crean knew what he was doing and had faith in Archie Miller.
Crean owes his whole career to D Wade. What a fraud.

The optimism was through the roof when Mack was hired too. 🤔
My ”optimism” isn’t through the roof, or even high. More of a cautiously hopeful. ;) He wasn’t my (or many other’s) first choice, but I think he is deserving of the opportunity. My comment was more directed towards a fractured fan base on the decision to get on board now that he has been selected. I was never a big Pitino fan either, but supported whoever the UofL coach was, and will do so with Payne as well. Go Cards!

My ”optimism” isn’t through the roof, or even high. More of a cautiously hopeful. ;) He wasn’t my (or many other’s) first choice, but I think he is deserving of the opportunity. My comment was more directed towards a fractured fan base on the decision to get on board now that he has been selected. I was never a big Pitino fan either, but supported whoever the UofL coach was, and will do so with Payne as well. Go Cards!
giphy.gif

I honestly believe that Mack doesn’t have the desire to coach. He’s said in the past that he wasn’t going to coach past his 50’s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT