***Official Big Ten 2020 In-season Thread***

snowsquirrel11

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2012
Fixed it for you.

And while I agree with you that there's currently no asterisk, it's insanely early to say that. It will be interesting to see how the opinions sway if/when teams at the top of the league start having to sit out 2-3 weeks when they have covid issues and it potentially costs them a conference title. No one cares when the bottom feeders miss games.
I mean yeah that would definitely suck, but nobody is putting an asterisk on Bama's championship this year, and unless the NCAAT gets blown up by Covid, then nobody will care. Plus the winner isn't putting any asterisk by their natty, and nobody will remember to point out any supposed asterisk a couple years down the road.

Reactions: Toast.

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
"The cylinder is an area for the offensive player to start a basketball play, which is start a shot, a dribble or a pass. ... “If the defensive player invades that cylinder, if there's any contact other than the offensive player clearing out space, then the foul's going to be on the defender."

Yup, that's pretty much what I thought it was.........MOF I KNOW you don't know what it is or how to properly enforce it. :)
If you knew thats what it was---why did you google, copy and paste what it was? Maybe you should google NCAA case book as well?

Is the cylinder rule the same in the post, as on the perimeter?

I assure you I understand the rule, know what it is, and how to properly interpret it....After all, I;m not the one who googled it...

blue_in_chicago

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2001
Is Dickinson hitting a bit of the freshman wall? I haven't seen the last couple of Michigan games but I see he had 9 and 5 with 5 TO's in the loss to Minnesota and just 3 points against Maryland.
A little but mostly now he is the #1 focus of the scouting report and they are throwing a double team at him every time he touches the ball.

blue_in_chicago

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2001
Are you seriously bitching some about the , ummmm,officiating?

Really?

Anyways....Indiana doubled Garza hard in the 2nd half...Early on, he(Garza) made quick, decisive decisions on the double...But he gets kind of methodical in the 2nd half....IU saw that, and exploited it. At least 3-4 times, IU stole the ball from him in the last 5-6 minutes...

Not having Fredrick hurt...It was one less guy for IU to worry about. We were able to lay off McCaffery and Murray, and it allowed for more aggrssive doubles on Garza.

Indiana was just rally good tonight defensively...
And Iowa choked too. 11 mins without scoring wasnt all great defense. Someone put a lid on the rim. Goofy game sometimes.

IUBtown

Mar 9, 2016
You son of a bitch.. lol.

No shit, I gambled in a card game and totally expected to win.

My wife taps me on the shoulder and goes, your right, Indiana matches up well with us .

Didn't care if we win last night, it was so fun to play cards with card players.
I didn’t even watch. Not too surprised. Nobody knows why basketball be like it is but it do.

B-Westy

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2012
Purdue's only chance in the Big Ten race is if they continue to play teams who are not at full health....
That’s funny considering Purdue hasn’t been able to beat teams missing their best player (Miami and Rutgers).

Reactions: boiler1987

Toast.

Gold Member
May 10, 2011
Boulder CO
That’s funny considering Purdue hasn’t been able to beat teams missing their best player (Miami and Rutgers).
We did get OSU the first time around without Liddell.

While I think Walker is a good player, hard to harp too much on Purdue for beating OSU the second time around considering that same group was able to win @Illinois right before.

Reactions: B-Westy

EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Feb 25, 2008
If you knew thats what it was---why did you google, copy and paste what it was? Maybe you should google NCAA case book as well?
(Why, do you need to review that as well, along with the cylinder rules? I can post the whole thing on here if you'd like. Make it a lot easier for you.)

Is the cylinder rule the same in the post, as on the perimeter? (I don't know.....is trolling you as easy as calling you out on your ability as an official? SmokinSmile...........I told you this was gonna be fun. I don't lie.)

I assure you I understand the rule,

know what it is

, and how to properly interpret it....

After all, I;m not the one who googled it...
(No, but I just helped jog your memory so you know what it is the next time you ref a game and see this happening and don't call it........;))
Now you run along back to pretending to ignore me, little referee.

boiler1987

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2006
We did get OSU the first time around without Liddell.

While I think Walker is a good player, hard to harp too much on Purdue for beating OSU the second time around considering that same group was able to win @Illinois right before.
Exactly. @Gumbo02 is dumb.

theetommyt

Mar 13, 2012
Think we can get by then without Sasha and Morton (who I also hear will be out. Sucks for that kid, mono then covid?)
Morton is having a fun Race Thompson/Rob Phinisee freshman year. Hopefully he can get healthy at some point.

Gumbo02

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2005
You guys would appreciate me more if you realized how douchey fans like gumbo are.
Aren't you the guy who wanted to go to Michigan, but settled way down the chain at Ferris State because they didn't have your intended major?

Lol. You work weekends at a hospital as some sort of low end orderly....

• Haha
Reactions: GOO_HAM

hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2012
Aren't you the guy who wanted to go to Michigan, but settled way down the chain at Ferris State because they didn't have your intended major?

Case in point.

I don’t know what’s worse, how much you try to learn about me or how bad you are at getting it right.

I’m flattered.

bMORE607

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2016
Stuck in Turgatory

So he should have gone to UM and majored in something he didn't want to do? Please God, don't reproduce.

B-Westy

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2012

Can’t wait to use the “Michigan only beat Purdue because of Stefanovic being out” excuse. 😎

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
Now you run along back to pretending to ignore me, little referee.

You're a hoot.....Just say it....It'll make you feel better....Go ahead...Here, I'll hel get ya ya started...

"Borden,I don't know the rule, and/or how its to be interpreted.....I am just pissed and looking for excuses........

Ok, I got ya started. YOu finish...

I have faith in ya fella...