ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s kinda shocking they wouldn’t use an message board Illinois fan as their scout.
Illinois has a contact with someone within his high school.

We didn’t even want to waste an official on him.

Glad he committed early so we wouldn’t be roped in to wasting time on him due to politics.

You took a plan B and are upset. Clearly.

The finals excuse always confused me. Every university in that event has finals at the same time.
Nah not really. Butler had finals December 2-8 last year and Purdue was 7-12th for example.

And even if they did, maybe they come out sluggish too. But Purdue alwayyyys plays sluggish to start the game seemingly in every crossroads. It could just be dumb luck but that would make sense to me. I know I was always sluggish as fvck after finals for a while.

but then again, I was an idiot that just crammed everything in the week leading up to them.

Nah not really. Butler had finals December 2-8 last year and Purdue was 7-12th for example.

And even if they did, maybe they come out sluggish too. But Purdue alwayyyys plays sluggish to start the game seemingly in every crossroads. It could just be dumb luck but that would make sense to me. I know I was always sluggish as fvck after finals for a while.

but then again, I was an idiot that just crammed everything in the week leading up to them.
Notre Dame was the 7-12th. IU was the 14th-19th. The crossroads was on the 19th last year. Purdue had over a week to “recover”.

I never thought finals were very hard or very stressful.

I
Notre Dame was the 7-12th. IU was the 14th-19th. The crossroads was on the 19th last year. Purdue had over a week to “recover”.

I never thought finals were very hard or very stressful.
Purdue also won last year lol

I would assume the finals schedule are on similar dates each year.
I just showed that if they play Butler, that’s clearly not the case. But I’m curious since you said you never thought finals were hard or stressful, what do you get a degree in and did you go to IU?

You really didn’t understand? I mentioned that Okpara committed to Ohio State and for really no reason it gets mentioned that Tarris Reed “ might “ get ranked ahead of him. It just seemed random as that comment could be applied to any combination of players. As for those 2, Osu clearly felt Okpara was a better fit and as of right now all the people who are paid to evaluate prospects agree he is the better long term prospect. I personally have no idea but as a fan, I like what I’ve seen of Okpara and his ability to switch on smaller players and guard multiple positions. If you have players who can score consistently at other positions that might be the single most important attribute in today’s game.

You actually have no idea what you're talking about in terms of what Osu preferred. We'll see how he ends up as a player but not a single site currently has him rated higher and since he's been playing basketball for two years I'd assume his ranking is based on projection more than most which is understandable since he's a way better athlete than most of the other centers

What’s funny is seeing you cite the rankings multiple times (see above) knowing full well once Reed jumps him you say those same rankings don’t matters.

I just showed that if they play Butler, that’s clearly not the case. But I’m curious since you said you never thought finals were hard or stressful, what do you get a degree in and did you go to IU?
Informatics and double minor from Kelley. And yes I went to IU.

Informatics isn’t a tough major by any means, but it’s not OLS either.

Informatics and double minor from Kelley. And yes I went to IU.

Informatics isn’t a tough major by any means, but it’s not OLS either.
I think you’re the first person I’ve ever encountered that said they have a degree/are majoring in informatics. No idea what that entails.

and why the double minor then? Why not just major in something in Kelley? That’s at least 42 credit hours if you double minored. I’m just honestly curious.

I think you’re the first person I’ve ever encountered that said they have a degree/are majoring in informatics. No idea what that entails.

and why the double minor then? Why not just major in something in Kelley? That’s at least 42 credit hours if you double minored. I’m just honestly curious.
Informatics is a newer major. Basically the business side of computer science. A lot of Informatics majors go into business analytics, but I went more on the computer science side.

My minors from Kelley were Business and Marketing. They have a ton of overlap, so it only took two extra classes to get the second minor.

A lot of Football talk today is nice to see. Curious as to how others feel about their school this year since last season was mostly a waste.

Chris Ash was the worst HC I've ever seen. And I am Rutgers fan. Thanks for him. Schiano is a PERFECT fit at Rutgers and we were pretty decent under him the first time around (3-20 first two years; 65-47 in 9 years after w/ 6 bowl games). He put close to 30 kids in the NFL. At Rutgers!

Like hoops I think we are about to go on a four or five year run where we get appreciably better each year. Starting this upcoming season.

Illinois has a contact with someone within his high school.

We didn’t even want to waste an official on him.

Glad he committed early so we wouldn’t be roped in to wasting time on him due to politics.

You took a plan B and are upset. Clearly.

I was really wondering why you seem so obsessed about this and then I read this on the Kentucky site from last month and it makes sense now.

Kentucky has been involved with
Felix Okparain one form or another since late last summer. Joel Justus originally reached out on the Wildcats' behalf. But with his departure for Arizona State a new deputy arrived in town, picking up where he left off at his previous stop.

Orlando Antigua recruited Okpara heavily at Illinois and now is re-establishing that relationship from Lexington

Reactions: RutgHoops
Informatics is a newer major. Basically the business side of computer science. A lot of Informatics majors go into business analytics, but I went more on the computer science side.

My minors from Kelley were Business and Marketing. They have a ton of overlap, so it only took two extra classes to get the second minor.
I gotcha. I was going to say if you double minored from Kelly, then you had to at least be a little stressed when it came to finals. But then again my younger sister graduated from Kelley and she’s an idiot (a loveable idiot, but still an idiot).

Chris Ash was the worst HC I've ever seen. And I am Rutgers fan. Thanks for him. Schiano is a PERFECT fit at Rutgers and we were pretty decent under him the first time around (3-20 first two years; 65-47 in 9 years after w/ 6 bowl games). He put close to 30 kids in the NFL. At Rutgers!

Like hoops I think we are about to go on a four or five year run where we get appreciably better each year. Starting this upcoming season.

I’ll pull for Rutgers as long as Schiano is there and I agree that RU will improve greatly. I really hope you guys get a chance to play and then beat Tennessee.

Reactions: RutgHoops
I was going to say if you double minored from Kelly, then you had to at least be a little stressed when it came to finals. But then again my sister graduated from Kelley and she’s an idiot (a loveable idiot, but still an idiot).
And I took all the hard classes like Bus- A100 and Bus- k201 in the summer online at Ivy Tech and transfered it over.

That was probably another reason it wasn’t stressful. I took two classes every summer online, so I never had more than 12 credit hours during the school year. That’s basically what athletes do too though.

I was really wondering why you seem so obsessed about this and then I read this on the Kentucky site from last month and it makes sense now.

Kentucky has been involved with
Felix Okparain one form or another since late last summer. Joel Justus originally reached out on the Wildcats' behalf. But with his departure for Arizona State a new deputy arrived in town, picking up where he left off at his previous stop.

Orlando Antigua recruited Okpara heavily at Illinois and now is re-establishing that relationship from Lexington
Antigua wasn’t our connection staff wise. So again you are wrong.

It’s cute that you think it’s personal though.

I’m truthfully just glad we didn’t take a project. Based on my observations (our staff had similar feelings) he wasn’t even worth a visit.

Reactions: RichardMassive
so I never had more than 12 credit hours during the school year.
That sounds smart. Purdue threw me into the fire with 21 credit hours my freshman year when I didn’t know a god damn thing about college yet. I always thought I was smarter than I really was and could just BS my way through everything without much effort. I was in for a rude awakening that freshman year.

That sounds smart. Purdue threw me into the fire with 21 credit hours my freshman year when I didn’t know a god damn thing about college yet. I always thought I was smarter than I really was and could just BS my way through everything without much effort. I was in for a rude awakening that freshman year.
Haha I started out taking 18 credit hours as a freshman and had my classes lined up from 8 am until 2pm…. After that semester I only had 1 class (because 10:30 was the only option) before noon and only 12 credit hours in a semester. I also did online classes as much as possible.

Haha I started out taking 18 credit hours as a freshman and had my classes lined up from 8 am until 2pm…. After that semester I only had 1 class (because 10:30 was the only option) before noon and only 12 credit hours in a semester. I also did online classes as much as possible.
I definitely wised up on scheduling after that first semester as well. I still have nightmares of waking up at 5:25 in the morning in the winter in a freezing ass dorm room in Wiley to take a hot shower, get cold again as soon as you get out, and then then walk 18+ min in the howling winter wind to chem lab that went from 6 am to 9.

Like what in the fvck was I doing agreeing to that schedule? And I love Purdue but that winter wind shit is reason enough to never live in west Lafayette.

Lol we were far better than you in 2019. Look at the teams you lost to. You didn’t beat anyone of note. Btw, we were also on our second string QB. Injuries don’t matter, right? At least that’s what Purdue fans told us during the Romeo year.

As for double overtime, it was at Purdue and we were beating the brakes off you. We were up 18 with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd before we let up.

That would be like me saying we were as good as Ohio State this year because we had a chance for a game winning drive even though they were up 21 on us in the 3rd.
raw

No one has a clue who are osus priorities in basketball. They basically have zero basketball recruiting coverage now that Brian snow(osu alum and always tight with Matta and holtmann) is gone. They are so obsessed with their incredible football recruiting, that basketball gets no coverage. Impossible to say who really was their top priority because no one really seeks that out from their staff like they do at uk, duke, iu, Michigan, msu, Illinois etc. because those teams actually have legit basketball recruiting coverage.

I definitely wised up on scheduling after that first semester as well. I still have nightmares of waking up at 5:25 in the morning in the winter in a freezing ass dorm room in Wiley to take a hot shower, get cold again as soon as you get out, and then then walk 18+ min in the howling winter wind to chem lab that went from 6 am to 9.

Like what in the fvck was I doing agreeing to that schedule? And I love Purdue but that winter wind shit is reason enough to never live in west Lafayette.
7am chem labs that lasted 3 hrs were the worst part of college, and I was a chem major. Hated that shit, and regularly had 2 of them a week some semesters...

Same for me when I was at So. Indiana. SOmehow ended with 18 credit hours....3, 200 classes..Went to my advisor, and was like---"Ummm, dude". He got things cleaned up. And he ended up being a good friend.

Reactions: otte21
That was exactly my first semester. I still have my first and second semester schedules saved, so I can look back on them and wonder what the hell my advisor was thinking. My second semester's Wednesdays were nightmares because I'd always get midterms slotted in my dinner time, and I'd be pulling a 12-hr day with only a 1-hr lunch break.

First Semester:
MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
8 amEngineering Graphics and DesignEngineering Graphics and Design
9 amMicro EconMicro EconMicro Econ
10 amCalc 1PhysicsCalc 1
11 amEngineering Graphics and DesignEngineering Graphics and Design
12 amChem 1Chem 1Physics
1 pmCalc 1Calc 1Micro Econ
2 pmChem 1 LabChem 1Chem 1
3 pmChem 1 LabEngineering OrientationEngineering Orientation
4 pmChem 1 LabTheoretical and applied mechanics
5 pmTheoretical and applied mechanics

Second Semester:

9 amPrinciples of CompositionChem 2Principles of CompositionChem 2Principles of Composition
10 am
Physics 2
11 amChem 2 LabPhysics 2
12 pmChem 2 Lab
1 pmPhysics 2Chem 2 LabPhysics 2
2 pmPhysics 2
3 pmChem 2Chem 2
4 pmCalc 2Calc 2Calc 2
5 pm
6 pm
7 pmPhysics 2 Lab
8 pmPhysics 2 Lab

Reactions: otte21
That was exactly my first semester. I still have my first and second semester schedules saved, so I can look back on them and wonder what the hell my advisor was thinking. My second semester's Wednesdays were nightmares because I'd always get midterms slotted in my dinner time, and I'd be pulling a 12-hr day with only a 1-hr lunch break.

First Semester:
8 amEngineering Graphics and DesignEngineering Graphics and Design
9 amMicro EconMicro EconMicro Econ
10 amCalc 1PhysicsCalc 1
11 amEngineering Graphics and DesignEngineering Graphics and Design
12 amChem 1Chem 1Physics
1 pmCalc 1Calc 1Micro Econ
2 pmChem 1 LabChem 1Chem 1
3 pmChem 1 LabEngineering OrientationEngineering Orientation
4 pmChem 1 LabTheoretical and applied mechanics
5 pmTheoretical and applied mechanics

Second Semester:

9 amPrinciples of CompositionChem 2Principles of CompositionChem 2Principles of Composition
10 am
Physics 2
11 amChem 2 LabPhysics 2
12 pmChem 2 Lab
1 pmPhysics 2Chem 2 LabPhysics 2
2 pmPhysics 2
3 pmChem 2Chem 2
4 pmCalc 2Calc 2Calc 2
5 pm
6 pm
7 pmPhysics 2 Lab
8 pmPhysics 2 Lab
Is this supposed to be hard?

Freshman 1st semester I started out with 18 hours and ended with 12. It was fun though.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I was just jabbing at you..that looks miserable …my son is a EE major at uiuc …
I’m a grouch in the morning. Apologies.

Good luck to him. I watched my friend pull his eyebrows out double majoring in CS and EE. I was a physics and ME. EE is a different breed.

Reactions: flight 33
It took me one semester to game the system. I always took 15 hours but signed up for 21 every semester and then dropped the 2 classes that were most inconvenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT