ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@VulvHa still getting shit in the mail from our Purdue foundation bet a few years ago.

BEptwxy.jpg

Hahahaha

I’d love to say Morton as it would mean he passes Hunter but I know Painter values Hunter’s defensive prowess.
Morton had both hands tied behind his back with mono to start the preseason and then multiple times being shelved for covid protocals. He’ll make a jump, but odds that he surpasses Hunter, who also had health issues of his own, doesn’t seem great.

Last edited:
LOL at.................? Bates is a border line 5*. He's projected as a mid 1st rounder. I mean thats not my opinion...Its those who evaluate these kids, opinion. So if you wanna, "LOL" at the statement---fine. Just know---the same dudes who are saying this about Bates, are the same ones evaluating Ivey...

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
I think Ivey is good. I also think Purdue fans itt are over projecting him. He reminds me a lot of Brandon Paul. Will likely end up a pro, but he's a volume guy that hasn't been efficient at this point. I'm sure this off-season will help him out, but I need to see it before I'm saying he's a lock for 1st team.

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
I think Ivey is good. I also think Purdue fans itt are over projecting him. He reminds me a lot of Brandon Paul. Will likely end up a pro, but he's a volume guy that hasn't been efficient at this point. I'm sure this off-season will help him out, but I need to see it before I'm saying he's a lock for 1st team.

I know it’s been awhile since Paul played but was he ever projected to be a first round pick? I don’t remember him having the potential/ability that Ivey has.

I know it’s been awhile since Paul played but was he ever projected to be a first round pick? I don’t remember him having the potential/ability that Ivey has.
He played in the NBA, so he was talented. Just wasn't quite good enough to stay in the NBA. Funny thing is that when I went to look at Ivey and Paul's stats, KenPom's comparison for Ivey was Paul's freshman season.

Per 100 possession stats:

PlayerGFGFGAFG%2P2PA2P%3P3PA3P%FTFTAFT%TRBASTSTLBLKTOVPFPTSORTGDRTG
Paul187.619.7.3864.29.9.4243.49.9.3487.28.5.8427.55.21.90.64.85.225.8104.1104.7
Ivey199.023.7.3796.813.6.5002.210.1.2166.48.5.7589.35.32.01.83.54.226.6102.998.9

Man Underwood is really struggling to fill that final assistant spot. All that money and no one wants to work for him.

Good for him. For some reason he just couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn the last two seasons. His form is textbook and he always sets his feet properly, but they just would not drop for him. A change of scenery may have been needed to break the bad juju.
Always thought this dude had "star" written all over him....As you said---maybe a change of scenery is whats needed.

Always thought this dude had "star" written all over him....As you said---maybe a change of scenery is whats needed.
Athletic as hell, but not highly skilled outside of his shot, which as noted is excellent in terms of mechanics. They went in his first year, but not the last two. If they start falling again, he can be a valuable stretch four that can run, grab boards, and space the floor. He has lapses on D, can’t dribble, and hasn’t shown to be much of a passer, so the outside shot is key.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Athletic as hell, but not highly skilled outside of his shot, which as noted is excellent in terms of mechanics. They went in his first year, but not the last two. If they start falling again, he can be a valuable stretch four that can run, grab boards, and space the floor. He has lapses on D, can’t dribble, and hasn’t shown to be much of a passer, so the outside shot is key.
He’s like the non Ben affleck version of Bruesewitz. Prettiest shot that never went in.

i felt like b1g schools would start filling up with commitments this month, but seems like kids are going wait longer this cyle

i felt like b1g schools would start filling up with commitments this month, but seems like kids are going wait longer this cyle
Imma take a wild guess and say they haven't been able to visit anywhere for over a year and may want to take their time a little bit more than normal. Just a wag.

I think we possibly get Brumbaugh this month.

Saw this on the Iowa board, and thought it was pretty amusing. Illinois women won 1st and 2nd price in the Miss Iowa pageant. Not surprised.
Human/hog breeding isn't pretty.

Yeah I think it’ll take a bit longer with the lack of visits.

I know MSU feels the best thus far about Tarris Reed, Tre Holloman, Jaden Schutt, and Isaac Traudt. Jalen Washington doesn’t seem like a possibility anymore.

I know MSU feels the best thus far about Tarris Reed, Tre Holloman, Jaden Schutt, and Isaac Traudt. Jalen Washington doesn’t seem like a possibility anymore.
You better get Schutt on this ov. We coming.

I figured Izzo would have learned that going after too many Ben Affleck's wasn't a good strategery.

Reactions: MGC_07
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT