ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with that conclusion. There’s a difference between saying “I think he’ll make 1st team” and “I’ll be surprised if he isn’t 1st team”. That’s all we are trying to point out.
Live look at Hail.....

22130251.gif

R5b2de629b232a70b649752b35e79bac4

Essentially the argument here is that that comment is considered homer stuff despite the fact that no one will definitely state that he won't be first team... and while a lot of media / non-Purdue folks are hyping Ivey.

You've been more mild in the "homer" talk than the IU guys, so in your case that's fine. They lobbed homer / homeboard / 😂 comments off the bat.

There’s a decent chance he is 1st team. But there are probably 5 returning players that were 1st and 2nd team last year so the talent is pretty deep. I think Dickinson will be first team but I wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t because of that.

BTW, those that know me on this board no I'm about as far from a homer as it gets. Hell, I had Purdue people dogging me when I said I didn't think we deserved a top 5-10 preseason ranking for next year. I still think we are closer to the 12-15 range.

And I only expressed that opinion because my good friend @dukedevilz asked.

Reactions: dukedevilz
BTW, I will be surprised if Hunter Dickinson isn't 1st team All Big Ten this year (assuming he returns).

They just put the best players regardless of position.

And huge off-season jumps happen all the time, particularly for talented freshmen becoming sophomores. Go look at guys like Jalen Smith, Carsen Edwards, EJ Liddell, etc. etc. etc.
I get that and I'm not saying it won't but to expect a jump that big as a certainty is a little much for me especially with all the other talent and can make a jump as well. Just thought boiler went a little far.

I get that and I'm not saying it won't but to expect a jump that big as a certainty is a little much for me especially with all the other talent and can make a jump as well. Just thought boiler went a little far.

For me it’s less about Ivey and more about how loaded the conference is year in and year out. Go back through the years and look at some players who missed first team. Studs.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Little different from how you started the thread. We've gone from "homer!" to essentially all agreeing that he has first team talent and that it shouldn't be surprising if he's a first teamer lol

Little different from how you started the thread. We've gone from "homer!" to essentially all agreeing that he has first team talent and that it shouldn't be surprising if he's a first teamer lol
I mean words have a meaning. His comment was a homer comment. I'm at a bit of a loss for words at this point. Would you be surprised if Ivey "only" made the 2nd all big team?

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
I mean words have a meaning. His comment was a homer comment. I'm at a bit of a loss for words at this point. Would you be surprised if Ivey "only" made the 2nd all big team?
I'd be surprised if IU beats Purdue this year. That's probably a homer comment too even tho IU hasn't beat Purdue since Obama was in office, eh?

No. 1st team bitch.
You must not be very confident. Okay, I’ll take the bet as long as the Coaches and Media poll are the only ones included. If some random website or writer tweets that they would have Ivey first team, that obviously doesn’t count. You going to take that deal?

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
I don’t know why you’re being cagey if you’re confident he’ll be first team. Wouldn’t you want fully flushed out parameters of the bet to force him to leave? Taking this approach is just bizarre
The parameters are Ivey is 1st team all Big Ten.

As long as the guy he cited who has Ivey as a first team all American has Ivey on the 1st team he wins
Oh I know. He can also count on the Purdue media homers to vote Ivey 1st team regardless of play. That’s why I’m trying to get him to agree to Ivey being on the media first team or the coaches first team. He won’t take it, because he isn’t confident Ivey will make either of those teams, and this place means way to much to him to risk.

Oh I know. He can also count on the Purdue media homers to vote Ivey 1st team regardless of play. That’s why I’m trying to get him to agree to Ivey being on the media first team or the coaches first team. He won’t take it, because he isn’t confident Ivey will make either of those teams, and this place means way to much to him to risk.

Yup, very fair way to do it.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Haha look at the stir I created.

I think Ivey will most likely be on the Preseason 1st Team. But, as several of you have mentioned, you might have 3 bigs on there. IMO, Ivey has the highest ceiling of all the guards in the Big Ten. Obviously he could shoot the ball at a better clip. Would also like to see him rebound at a higher rate, especially for an athlete of his caliber. You gotta like his numbers for the last 6 games of the season.

18.2 ppg
3.3 reb
1.7 ast
1.3 stl
1.7 blk
46.8% fg
59.0% 2-pt
35.0% 3-pt (14 for 40)
84.0% ft
Ivey is on the first team next year for sure. He’s one of top two guards in conference. Dude is ELITE

Reactions: B-Westy
You’ve been previously ousted a welcher clown who makes new usernames like an obsessed 7th grader. Ivey will be first team and Purdue will sweep IU again.

• Haha
Reactions: boiler1987
Ivey is on the first team next year for sure. He’s one of top two guards in conference. Dude is ELITE
Eh, I skimmed most of the bullshit, and I was kinda with you guys until this. I wouldn't be completely shocked to see him on the first team, but to say he's one of the two best guards in the big ten right now in June is a little much.

Eh, I skimmed most of the bullshit, and I was kinda with you guys until this. I wouldn't be completely shocked to see him on the first team, but to say he's one of the two best guards in the big ten right now in June is a little much.
It’s Bruce and Bohannon and everyone else is just sniffing their jocks at this time.

Reactions: bMORE607
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT