ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did, but in a podcast done with his dad yesterday, the dad said he was coming back to Illinois. Trent didnt like that too much though, because he wanted to have a bit more of an announcement. It isnt being heavily reported yet, to allow him another moment, it seems.
Some ****ed up shit down in fib land. ;)

Aaron Henry declares finally. Season didn’t go as planned but he definitely helped his draft stock this year. He wasn’t even a second round guy last year and now will go early second, and I’ve seen him projected as high as the late first round. He kept the tournament streak alive and was a big part of 2 of those Big Ten titles teams and a Final Four run. For a guy ranked outside the top 100, he had a really nice career.

giphy.gif
Aaron Henry declares finally. Season didn’t go as planned but he definitely helped his draft stock this year. He wasn’t even a second round guy last year and now will go early second, and I’ve seen him projected as high as the late first round. He kept the tournament streak alive and was a big part of 2 of those Big Ten titles teams and a Final Four run. For a guy ranked outside the top 100, he had a really nice career.

Reading Iowa fans try to rack their brains about why Robbins would choose another team after Fran took a team with a NPOY and another NBA-level player to a 3rd place finish and a first round upset to a 15-seed is very funny.
Let’s do a root cause analysis on this one.

Iowa is dog shit.
Fran is dog shit.
Monkey, your “>” reply is peak Iowa.
it’s dog shit.

IU going to hire the assistant who was part of the FBI situation? Yasir Rosemond?
Yes sir. One who wasn't charged with any NCAA violations. Woodson now has a Midwest recruiter, an east coast recruiter, and a southern/west coast recruiter as assistants.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Reading Iowa fans try to rack their brains about why Robbins would choose another team after Fran took a team with a NPOY and another NBA-level player to a 3rd place finish and a first round upset to a 15-seed is very funny.
Let’s do a root cause analysis on this one.

Iowa is dog shit.
Fran is dog shit.
Monkey, your “>” reply is peak Iowa.
it’s dog shit.
Most realize he was going to follow his uncle. But, you do you.

Congrats in advance Indiana (hopefully kidding).

With fife and Kithier gone I wonder who this 4th could be.... hmmmmmm

With fife and Kithier gone I wonder who this 4th could be.... hmmmmmm

I’m iffy if I wanted Rocket back, but having Kithier and hopefully Foster transfer are good things for this roster.

Hoping Foster announces soon so we can go get ourselves a transfer wing while still leaving a scholarship open for Bates if he decides to come.

Tom Izzo is turning 67 next season, coming off the worst season of the century, and might lose 4 players he recruited to the portal.

But don’t you dare question his long term outlook. Top 5 coach for the next 20 years.

Tom Izzo is turning 67 next season, coming off the worst season of the century, and might lose 4 players he recruited to the portal.

But don’t you dare question his long term outlook. Top 5 coach for the next 20 years.
Have you seen the transfer portal this year? Shit like this happens.

If you want to count Rocket against him sure, but Hoiberg was a walkon who got a 1 year scholarship, and Foster and Kithier had certain physical limitations that just prevented them from being major contributors at this level and are probably going to transfer somewhere they can contribute. Is it bad that we recruited them? Yeah, absolutely. But I don’t like Greg Popivich could have made Foster and Kithier great players.

I don’t think guys who would be third string as seniors transferring is an indication of a program on the decline.

If you want to count Rocket against him sure, but Hoiberg was a walkon who got a 1 year scholarship, and Foster and Kithier had certain physical limitations that just prevented them from being major contributors at this level and are probably going to transfer somewhere they can contribute. Is it bad that we recruited them? Yeah, absolutely. But I don’t like Greg Popivich could have made Foster and Kithier great players.

I don’t think guys who would be third string as seniors transferring is an indication of a program on the decline.
Hopefully Loyer follows. Losing Kithier, Loyer, and Hoiberg is a positive. Rocket was a miss for sure.

Dude also leaves out adding a transfer PG, a 5* SG, 4* PG, and 4* F. Probably looking at another transfer and/or Bates reclassifying but not counting on it.

There isn’t a single person that thinks Tom Izzo is going to coach until he’s 87.

Hopefully Loyer follows. Losing Kithier, Loyer, and Hoiberg is a positive. Rocket was a miss for sure.

Dude also leaves out adding a transfer PG, a 5* SG, 4* PG, and 4* F. Probably looking at another transfer and/or Bates reclassifying but not counting on it.

There isn’t a single person that thinks Tom Izzo is going to coach until he’s 87.
Yeah, a really nice recruiting class plus one of the top players in the portal. And we could add another one.

We really need depth on the wing. We have 3 players there and 2 of them are freshman. An injury there kills us. A guy like Chaundee Brown for UM last year is the exact kind of transfer we need IMO.

Maybe Izzo is a top 5 coach in the country for the next decade. Or maybe there are some signs Izzo doesn’t have the juice he had a few years ago.

He’s old, so we’ll see.

Reactions: mathboy
Maybe Izzo is a top 5 coach in the country for the next decade. Or maybe there are some signs Izzo doesn’t have the juice he had a few years ago.

He’s old, so we’ll see.
I think it’s more likely than not he’s not a top 5 coach this decade. My view has shifted a bit recently, not that I think he’s any worse but with the ever changing landscape of CBB and the limited time left, I’m not sure we make another Final Four under Izzo although it’s entirely possible. I just would love for him to get title 2 and cement his legacy as an all time great. I’m just concerned we don’t have tons of time left to do that. Izzo has said COVID pushed back his retirement a few years and he felt antsy with nothing to do, but I still only see us getting a few more good years out of him.

With all that being said, Thomas Kithier and Jack Hoiberg transferring don’t make me worried about Izzo or our program. With how the portal is today, we can go out and get a midmajor guy who averaged say 15/8 that can probably help more than Kithier did. I hate the transfer system now, but it’s dumb not to take advantage of it.

I think it’s more likely than not he’s not a top 5 coach this decade. My view has shifted a bit recently, not that I think he’s any worse but with the ever changing landscape of CBB and the limited time left, I’m not sure we make another Final Four under Izzo although it’s entirely possible. I just would love for him to get title 2 and cement his legacy as an all time great. I’m just concerned we don’t have tons of time left to do that. Izzo has said COVID pushed back his retirement a few years and he felt antsy with nothing to do, but I still only see us getting a few more good years out of him.

With all that being said, Thomas Kithier and Jack Hoiberg transferring don’t make me worried about Izzo or our program. With how the portal is today, we can go out and get a midmajor guy who averaged say 15/8 that can probably help more than Kithier did. I hate the transfer system now, but it’s dumb not to take advantage of it.

All I’m saying is:

Turns 67 next season.
Had his worst season this century.
Might lose 4 scholarship players he recruited to the portal.

If that is a good outlook for you then cool.

All I’m saying is:

Turns 67 next season.
Had his worst season this century.
Might lose 4 scholarship players he recruited to the portal.

If that is a good outlook for you then cool.
Hail I was somewhat agreeing with you in that post.

And the losing 4 scholarship players lacks context and you know it. 3 out of 4 of them wouldn’t have gotten over 5 minutes a game next year. Kithier was out of the playing group to end the year. They were physically not there and I’m sure could be successful at a program like Oakland. Them transferring out probably makes us better, it frees scholarships for transfers.

I’m sure you would be excited if Nunez transfers. Gives you nothing but by leaving you now have an open scholarship.

Hail I was somewhat agreeing with you in that post.

And the losing 4 scholarship players lacks context and you know it. 3 out of 4 of them wouldn’t have gotten over 5 minutes a game next year. Kithier was out of the playing group to end the year. They were physically not there and I’m sure could be successful at a program like Oakland. Them transferring out probably makes us better, it frees scholarships for transfers.

I’m sure you would be excited if Nunez transfers. Gives you nothing but by leaving you now have an open scholarship.

Do I need to dig up the troll posts about a possible culture problem when our three backups transferred a year ago? And those weren’t even players Juwan recruited.

I’m not even saying that about MSU. Just pointing out facts and letting you draw your own conclusions.

Our roster as it stands now would be a top 3/4 team in conference. Who we add at the 4 is what's going to determine the team's ceiling. Obviously, Kofi could shock us and go pro, but that sounds less and less likely.

G. Curbelo (Frazier here too)
G. Frazier, Miller, Podziemski
G. Hutcherson, Grandison, Williams
F. Transfer (Mitchell/Ntambwe), Hawkins
C. Kofi, Payne

Our roster as it stands now would be a top 3/4 team in conference. Who we add at the 4 is what's going to determine the team's ceiling. Obviously, Kofi could shock us and go pro, but that sounds less and less likely.

G. Curbelo (Frazier here too)
G. Frazier, Miller, Podziemski
G. Hutcherson, Grandison, Williams
F. Transfer (Mitchell/Ntambwe), Hawkins
C. Kofi, Payne

Top half of the conference -yes. Top 3 or 4 team? I think that varies, since OSU, Michigan, Purdue and MD can also make a case at being the best next season..

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT