ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t mention them but doesn’t say they are gone either. Maybe they think they just won’t start.

Nah they say “not much returns in the perimeter” and have Zeb Jackson starting. Probably not going to include returning seniors until those players make statements.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Yeah I mean Purdue will be pretty solid but a team that went 18-10 and lost in the first round jumps to #3?

A top 25 team who loses no one and brings in two top 50 guys? I agree top 5 is probably too high but I don’t know if top 10 is.

Yeah I mean Purdue will be pretty solid but a team that went 18-10 and lost in the first round jumps to #3?

The Wisconsin mistake of last year. Returning your whole team of good players doesn’t transform you into elite next year. Painter is a great coach and they will be tough next year but I think top 15 is more reasonable at this point.

The Wisconsin mistake of last year. Returning your whole team of good players doesn’t transform you into elite next year. Painter is a great coach and they will be tough next year but I think top 15 is more reasonable at this point.
This isn’t a Wisconsin situation. It’s got a lot more young talent than that team. But I think top 15 is fine

Did Wisconsin add two top 50 guys this year?

They have a guaranteed 1st team All-American in Jaden Ivey. Best Big Ten player in the modern era!!!

Its pretty straightforward. I like Trevion Williams, but I don’t think he’s a #1 on a #1 seed caliber of team. Jaden Ivey was very impressive as a freshman and has the potential to explode next year but I’m not sure he’s one of the 10 best players in the Big Ten next year.

Again I’m not saying Purdue will suck, far from it, I just see them closer to the 10-15 range than top 5

Its pretty straightforward. I like Trevion Williams, but I don’t think he’s a #1 on a #1 seed caliber of team. Jaden Ivey was very impressive as a freshman and has the potential to explode next year but I’m not sure he’s one of the 10 best players in the Big Ten next year.

Again I’m not saying Purdue will suck, far from it, I just see them closer to the 10-15 range than top 5
lol Trevion was rated 10th in Kenpom PoTY, 2 spots behind Dickinson. He's a top caliber player.

I think one could argue that by the end of the season, Ivey was playing like one of the best 10 players in the league.

• Wow
Reactions: IUBtown
lol Trevion was rated 10th in Kenpom PoTY, 2 spots behind Dickinson. He's a top caliber player.
All this shit is just conjecture at this point anyways. We won’t have a decent feel for the landscape until all these crazy transfers are done

While I agree that we are closer to 15 than 4 to start the season IMO, your analogy is flawed. Wisconsin returned a team that the previous year was already old (they were the oldest team in the Big Ten in 2019-20) while Purdue was incredibly young (youngest team in the Big Ten and 327th nationally this year).

Purdue players have a lot more room for growth. Doesn't mean they will but the opportunity is there.

And of course adding the #32 and #54 recruits to the mix at the position will hopefully help too.

A 35% usage rate paired with a 105 offensive efficiency margin tells me he got a lot of opportunities and wasn’t very efficient with them. He’s a good player, but I don’t think there’s a ton of upside with him. Ivey on the other hand could make that leap and that’s what Purdue would need to happen to be elite in my opinion

A 35% usage rate paired with a 105 offensive efficiency margin tells me he got a lot of opportunities and wasn’t very efficient with them. He’s a good player, but I don’t think there’s a ton of upside with him. Ivey on the other hand could make that leap and that’s what Purdue would need to happen to be elite in my opinion
Trevion can absolutely carry a Purdue team especially with his rebounding. Jaden and him make a damn good 1,2 punch. I'm not sure how you can argue that.

Yeah, Tre is close to a finished product (tho hopefully he can get his FT% above 60%). He struggled early in the year and I heard he came back from the COVID offseason out of shape (maybe a little excusable). If he focuses in his final offseason, I'd like to think he doesn't start so slow and his conference FG% of 54.4% is his floor.

Hell, I'm as intrigued with what Zach Edey can do in the post and will be interested to see how Painter figures out minutes. Edey has only played organized basketball for 3 years and went for 21 and 12 against Wisky and 20 and 9 against IU to end the regular season. With another season learning from Painter and his staff, he might make it hard to justify the minutes split that occurred this year.

They have a guaranteed 1st team All-American in Jaden Ivey. Best Big Ten player in the modern era!!!
Ivey will be better than any player IU trots out there next year. He’s a shoe in for All Big Ten honors. Not even close.

Did you mean he would be better than any guard we have coming back? Did you forget we have an All-American coming back?
Do you think TJD will learn to hit a shot outside 8 feet next year? Frankly, I'm pretty stunned he couldn't this season.

He looks like Nojel Eastern shooting when he gets outside the paint.

Did you mean he would be better than any guard we have coming back? Did you forget we have an All-American coming back?
Ban bet that TJD is drafted higher than Ivey? This should be a no-brainer win for you. TJD is a 3rd team All American according to Sporting News after all.

Do you think TJD will learn to hit a shot outside 8 feet next year? Frankly, I'm pretty stunned he couldn't this season.

He looks like Nojel Eastern shooting when he gets outside the paint.
I’m not sure if he will or not. I do know that he was an AA without that ability. I’m not sure if you picked up on it or not, but Archie left a lot to be desired when it comes to player development and putting together a successful offense.

Ban bet that TJD is drafted higher than Ivey? This should be a no-brainer win for you. TJD is a 3rd team All American according to Sporting News after all.
Nice straw man. Ivey has more NBA potential than TJD. That does not mean he will necessarily be a better college player next season.

This is like me asking for a ban bet of OG being drafted higher than Biggie.

Kind of a bad compassion. Wisconsin had a team full of players who had capped their ceilings. Purdue returns a team full of players going from what’s usually the biggest jump from freshman to sophomore year.

Nice straw man. Ivey has more NBA potential than TJD. That does not mean he will necessarily be a better college player next season.

This is like me asking for a ban bet of OG being drafted higher than Biggie.
Ivey will be the better college player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT