ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning 4 games in a row does not mean they’re on the same level as Baylor and Gonzaga. They just got really hot. Kudos to UCLA for playing a great tournament, but they were an 11 seed for a reason
Sour grapes, not a good look man. They have really good players and took the #1 overall team to OT that needed a lucky banked in buzzer beater shot to win. Btw they won 5 in a row and played at an elite level for 6 games in a row. GTFOH.

Sour grapes, not a good look man. They have really good players and took the #1 overall team to OT that needed a lucky banked in buzzer beater shot to win. Btw they won 5 in a row and played at an elite level for 6 games in a row. GTFOH.
So you think they are one of the 4 best teams? Jesus Christ what is up with people putting so much stock in a single elimination tournament.

Winning 4 games in a row does not mean they’re on the same level as Baylor and Gonzaga. They just got really hot. Kudos to UCLA for playing a great tournament, but they were an 11 seed for a reason

A 32 game sample size (what we have now) is better than a 26 game sample size (what we have when UCLA got seeded) and the PAC 12 showed it was undervalued as a conference.

If the tournament was re-seeded with current resumes UCLA would probably be a 4 seed.

They aren’t on Gonzaga and Baylor level but they’d be better than an 11 seed.

Reactions: RichardMassive
A 32 game sample size (what we have now) is better than a 26 game sample size (what we have when UCLA got seeded) and the PAC 12 showed it was undervalued as a conference.

If the tournament was re-seeded with current resumes UCLA would probably be a 4 seed.

I agree with the 4 seed, but I don't get the sample size comparison. It appears you're comparing one team's games over three months to everyone's games over three weeks. Am I missing something?

I agree with the 4 seed, but I don't get the sample size comparison. It appears you're comparing one team's games over three months to everyone's games over three weeks. Am I missing something?

The larger a teams sample size the more accurate the metrics are IMO. Looking at UCLA at 32 games is better than looking at UCLA after 26 games.

A 4 seed is where Kenpom would have them now. They went from #44 in KP on Selection Sunday, to #13 after their unlucky loss to Gonzaga. Quite a jump in six games. That would put them as the top 4 seed.

Coincidentally, #44 equates to the last 11 seed (which is designated a play in game). Well done, committee.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
So you think they are one of the 4 best teams? Jesus Christ what is up with people putting so much stock in a single elimination tournament.
The dude's OP was that Baylor and Gonzaga are in a tier by themselves. UCLA damn near beat Gonzaga, so obviously that statement is false. What's with people not giving a shit about H2H matchups anymore?

The dude's OP was that Baylor and Gonzaga are in a tier by themselves. UCLA damn near beat Gonzaga, so obviously that statement is false. What's with people not giving a shit about H2H matchups anymore?
After their magical run to the final 4 they still couldn't crack the top 10 in Kenpom and they barely cracked the top 20 in Torvik. They aren't on Gonzaga or Baylor's tier. You're looking at 1 game, not the whole sample size provided. UCLA had a phenomenal run in a single elimination tournament. Do you think they make an identical run if it were best or 3, 5 or 7?

You can play a close game against someone and still be a tier above them. I think I can confidently say that if Baylor and Gonzaga each played best of 7 series against any other tourney team, none of those series get to game 7 and only a couple get to game 6.

That's a tier above.

That’s fair, but the guy thinking I’m salty for not having them as a top 3 team due to them getting insanely hot and a bit fortunate for a 4-5 game stretch is a ridiculous take. You have to factor in the entire season

Thought he declared for the draft?
He did, but he’s not definitely staying in the draft. His parents have wanted him at Illinois the entire time, and OSU is playing him at a position he doesn’t want to play. Not likely or anything, especially if Holtmann stays and recruits a 5, but it has baby legs.

Reactions: bMORE607
Plus why would he go to a fanbase that is as vile as his current one.
1. That happens everywhere.
2. That’s not the reason for the interest.
3. Iowa North can’t really say much.
4. The Kofi racist was an Iowa fan who lives in Iowa.

He did, but he’s not definitely staying in the draft. His parents have wanted him at Illinois the entire time, and OSU is playing him at a position he doesn’t want to play. Not likely or anything, especially if Holtmann stays and recruit a 5, but it has baby legs.
Holtmann isn’t going anywhere. I don’t think he’s even on UNCs radar. I wish he were though. They’ll end up making the ******ed hire with Hubert Davis

Holtmann isn’t going anywhere. I don’t think he’s even on UNCs radar. I wish he were though. They’ll end up making the ******ed hire with Hubert Davis
i dont think he ends up there but he did/is interviewing with them today.l

1. That happens everywhere.
2. That’s not the reason for the interest.
3. Iowa North can’t really say much.
4. The Kofi racist was an Iowa fan who lives in Iowa.

Relax Francis. It's just a joke.

RE #3, don't lump us in with those losers. Our white boys actually win something.

i dont think he ends up there but he did/is interviewing with them today.l
Where is this being confirmed? I saw it posted as a rumor, but seems to have been shot down. I’m honestly surprised the UNC job isn’t drumming up more interest. I consider it a top 3-4 job in the country. Hiring Hubert will be an insanely bad hire

Where is this being confirmed? I saw it posted as a rumor, but seems to have been shot down. I’m honestly surprised the UNC job isn’t drumming up more interest. I consider it a top 3-4 job in the country. Hiring Hubert will be an insanely bad hire
You’re following a legend. Because of that pressure, not to mention the already high expectations, there’s a chance UNC could be open again in a couple years.

He had an interview with them, but I don't think anyone expected him to leave. Doesn't matter re EJ anyway, but it would've helped.

Probably wrong, but it feels like Izzo is losing some of his luster. He does have some guys coming in this year. Will be telling moving forward.

Sounds like he wasn’t the next man up to succeed Izzo so probably a good move on his part to make a change now.

Reactions: MGC_07
Probably wrong, but it feels like Izzo is losing some of his luster. He does have some guys coming in this year. Will be telling moving forward.
We went to the last Final Four player before this year, and win 3 league titles in a row before this year.

You sound like UM guys.

Looks like Woodson just added Fife to the staff. Michael Lewis next to round out the staff?
He should take Thomas Kithier and Foster Loyer with him. He was the lead recruiter and the reason we offered both.

In all seriousness, a good move for him. Fife was never going to take over after Izzo and now gets to coach his school. Happy for him

Kristen Lander staying at IU. Consider this good or bad however you want.

Kristen Lander staying at IU. Consider this good or bad however you want.
I think its very good. Lander was in over his head. SHould have stayed in HS. BUT---the experienced he gained is gonna help. Still love the potential this kid has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT