ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is officially preseason magazine season and Michigan is picked to win the Big Ten in this year’s edition of Lindy’s Sports.

Michigan’s frontcourt is ranked 2nd in the country behind only Gonzaga. Surprisingly, the Big Ten only has one other top ten frontcourt on the list (No. 5 Purdue).

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
It is officially preseason magazine season and Michigan is picked to win the Big Ten in this year’s edition of Lindy’s Sports.

Michigan’s frontcourt is ranked 2nd in the country behind only Gonzaga. Surprisingly, the Big Ten only has one other top ten frontcourt on the list (No. 5 Purdue).

Michigan is loaded in the front court. Purdue has the best backup center in college basketball ball. Kofi is good but outside of him their front court is sus.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Michigan is loaded in the front court. Purdue has the best backup center in college basketball ball. Kofi is good but outside of him their front court is sus.
I agree with this. The 4 is Illinois weakness going into the season. My point has been Edey and Williams can’t play together so I’d rather have the best player out of the 3.

This is going to rustle a lot of little orange jimmies

Having a really good backup center is really important and Purdue has probably the best backup center in college basketball.
Yes they’re going to have a really good team this year, I have no doubts. I guess I’d just prefer the dominant player over two good players.

I am talking about the center position because that’s what all 3 play. There’s a pretty big gap Kofi and those 2. NPOTY conversation vs 1st team conversation. That’s a pretty big gap.

The only center that is on Kofi’s level in the B1G is Hunter. If Williams and Edey played together I’d buy this more, but they don’t.

D68754-A5-2527-433-A-A71-D-2-B66-BC300-B83.jpg

Torvik, who you’ve cited several times this off-season, says so.

His PRPG ratings:

Kofi: 4.9
Payne: 1.5
Total: 6.4

Willams: 4.4
Edey: 3.1
Total: 7.5
Torvik also doesn’t have projections on Austin Hutcherson, who will either start at SF or be our 6th man.

Regardless, I’d take our centers because they are better defensively.

Torvik also doesn’t have projections on Austin Hutcherson, who will either start at SF or be our 6th man.

Surprised to hear it’s even possible Hutcherson doesn’t start. I was told he was a future NBA player and better than Ayo.

• Haha
Reactions: Ingersol

I’m showing you that Torvik has the gap between Kofi and Williams smaller than the gap between Edey and Payne.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Surprised to hear it’s even possible Hutcherson doesn’t start. I was told he was a future NBA player and better than Ayo.
I’d still predicts he starts, but you never know with Da’monte and Grandison being vets that Underwood trusts.

Curbelo came off the bench for us last year, even though it was clear he was one of our best players.

I’d still predicts he starts, but you never know with Da’monte and Grandison being vets that Underwood trusts.

Curbelo came off the bench for us last year, even though it was clear he was one of our best players.
Because he had an All American in front of him. Last time I checked those two other guys you mentioned are a little worse than All American level. You can’t deny you were hyping up Hutcherson. You told us he was being looked at by NBA scouts and that he was better than Ayo.

I’m showing you that Torvik has the gap between Kofi and Williams smaller than the gap between Edey and Payne.
And I don’t think it’s the gospel.

His projections have Kofi averaging less than 14 ppg.

Tbh I’d take your guys center rotation of Dickinson and Diabate over Purdue’s as well.

And I don’t think it’s the gospel.

His projections have Kofi averaging less than 14 ppg.

Tbh I’d take your guys center rotation of Dickinson and Diabate over Purdue’s as well.

You cited the ever loving shit out of him having Illinois above Michigan

Because he had an All American in front of him. Last time I checked those two other guys you mentioned are a little worse than All American level. You can’t deny you were hyping up Hutcherson. You told us he was being looked at by NBA scouts and that he was better than Ayo.
2 years ago NBA scouts said that.

The kids has had lingering back injuries since then.

I’d expect 10 ppg on pretty good efficiency if he’s healthy.

2 years ago NBA scouts said that.

The kids has had lingering back injuries since then.

I’d expect 10 ppg on pretty good efficiency if he’s healthy.
LOL. You’ve still never linked where those scouts allegedly said that.

He would have to be pretty bad not to start at the 3.

Torvik ranks Purdue’s center position higher. His PRPG ratings:

Kofi: 4.9
Payne: 1.5
Total: 6.4

Willams: 4.4
Edey: 3.1
Total: 7.5
Touché
My point is you’re not adding them up. The 4.9 is better than 4.4 and 3.1 for the majority of the game.

LOL. You’ve still never linked where those scouts allegedly said that.

He would have to be pretty bad not to start at the 3.
I am definitely in the camp of Austin has done nothing at U of I and needs to prove it in games, but I’ve heard 3-4 Illinois reporters say that. Again, I am not buying it yet, but it has been reported.

Jaxon Kohler to MSU. Rivals hates him, ESPN loves him, 247 is somewhere in the middle

17.7 ppg 9.5 rpg on 65% shooting versus 15.5 ppg 9.2 rpg on 52% shooting, while also being a significantly better defender/rim protector.
I’m fine with that as long as you agree that a guy averaging 19.1 ppg 9 rpg 1.4 apg and 1.4 blocks is better than the guy averaging 17.7 ppg 9.5 rpg 0.2 apg and 1.3 blocks.

Quick look and I see good foot work but pretty slow and unathletic.
I’ve heard from people who have seen him that he might be the most purely skilled post player in the glass. Great combo of footwork, touch, and a plethora of moves. Obviously physically he’s not the most gifted post player because he can’t just dominate, but he’s a decent get. I’ve heard his motor isn’t a question mark. If he can be a go to option down low and be respectable on defense, I think it’s a good get.

It might take him a season or two to get respectable on defense though.

I’ve heard from people who have seen him that he might be the most purely skilled post player in the glass. Great combo of footwork, touch, and a plethora of moves. Obviously physically he’s not the most gifted post player because he can’t just dominate, but he’s a decent get. I’ve heard his motor isn’t a question mark. If he can be a go to option down low and be respectable on defense, I think it’s a good get.

It might take him a season or two to get respectable on defense though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT