ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Gonzaga not as good as last year even though they are #1 because their metrics went from .9769 down to .9619?

He has Illinois #1 in conference for his projections, which was the point btw.

He said Torvik had them just as good as last year. Not based on that metric he doesn’t.

He said Torvik had them just as good as last year. Not based on that metric he doesn’t.
Illinois went from 1st in conference last year to wait for it… first in conference this year based on projections.

So just as good in that regard.

Cool stat.

Juwan has the same number of wins over Roy Williams at Carolina as Tom Izzo.

Juwan also has coached the same number of top 10 draft picks as Izzo in the last 20 years.
Your draft stat doesn’t mean anything to me, I like the NBA but I care more about winning games, and yeah we have definitely struggled against UNC.

Izzo is a hall of famer. Regardless of our record against UNC, he’s won a title and been to 8 final fours. Harbaugh has won 2 ranked road games in his career and is winless as an underdog. It’s a lot easier to dunk on Harbaugh than to dunk of a HOF coach who hasn’t missed the tournament since 97’.

Your draft stat doesn’t mean anything to me, I like the NBA but I care more about winning games, and yeah we have definitely struggled against UNC.

Izzo is a hall of famer. Regardless of our record against UNC, he’s won a title and been to 8 final fours. Harbaugh has won 2 ranked road games in his career and is winless as an underdog. It’s a lot easier to dunk on Harbaugh than to dunk of a HOF coach who hasn’t missed the tournament since 97’.

He missed the tournament

field of 64

Tested positive this morning for covid. Good thing I didn't follow the CDCs recommendations.

Saving this. Purdue will be above Illini. Better backcourt and Edey-Williams will have much higher production combined than Kofi-Payne.
We can disregard the reports on how Payne is doing during the summer bc everyone is great during summer workouts. Some of the advanced stats show that’s he’s pretty good in p-n-roll but w.e.

I’d take Kofi and a walk-on over that combo. They can’t play together so it’s not like it changes anything. And Kofi is definitely better than both.

We can disregard the reports on how Payne is doing during the summer bc everyone is great during summer workouts. Some of the advanced stats show that’s he’s pretty good in p-n-roll but w.e.

I’d take Kofi and a walk-on over that combo. They can’t play together so it’s not like it changes anything. And Kofi is definitely better than both.
They get 40 minutes of great play from their 5 spot. You will get 27ish minutes of great play and 13 minutes of mediocrity from your 5 spot. It’s not close.

They get 40 minutes of great play from their 5 spot. You will get 27ish minutes of great play and 13 minutes of mediocrity from your 5 spot. It’s not close.
Hmm we are talking about NPOTY potential vs maybe 1st team all B1G potential.

Hmm we are talking about NPOTY potential vs maybe 1st team all B1G potential.
Yes and we are also talking about mediocre player vs maybe 1st team all B1G potential. No one is saying Williams and Edey are better than Kofi. Kofi isn’t playing more than 30 mpg though, and your backup is weak. Williams and Edey > Kofi and Payne.

Lol Williams and Edey will average like 26 and 14 and that might be conservative

Yes and we are also talking about mediocre player vs maybe 1st team all B1G potential. No one is saying Williams and Edey are better than Kofi. Kofi isn’t playing more than 30 mpg though, and your backup is weak. Williams and Edey > Kofi and Payne.
So having the better player for 3/4 vs 1/4. That’s great logic. Those 10 minutes are so much more valuable than the other 30!!!!!

Lol Williams and Edey will average like 26 and 14 and that might be conservative
I think Kofi put that up against Williams 2 years ago lol

Reactions: Jaycg15

You’re not too bright.

So having the better player for 3/4 vs 1/4. That’s great logic. Those 10 minutes are so much more valuable than the other 30!!!!!

I think Kofi put that up against Williams 2 years ago lol
I’m not sure what you don’t understand. The gap between Kofi and Williams/Edey isn’t very big. The gap between Payne and Williams/Edey is huge.

Then when you factor in the 4 spot, your front court isn’t close to as good as Purdue’s.

I’m not sure what you don’t understand. The gap between Kofi and Williams/Edey isn’t very big. The gap between Payne and Williams/Edey is huge.

Then when you factor in the 4 spot, your front court isn’t close to as good as Purdue’s.
I am talking about the center position because that’s what all 3 play. There’s a pretty big gap Kofi and those 2. NPOTY conversation vs 1st team conversation. That’s a pretty big gap.

The only center that is on Kofi’s level in the B1G is Hunter. If Williams and Edey played together I’d buy this more, but they don’t.

I am talking about the center position because that’s what all 3 play. There’s a pretty big gap Kofi and those 2. NPOTY conversation vs 1st team conversation. That’s a pretty big gap.

The only center that is on Kofi’s level in the B1G is Hunter. If Williams and Edey played together I’d buy this more, but they don’t.
Williams, Kofi, and even Edey are potential Big Ten PoY candidates. Williams will be on some pre season all American teams. There is not a huge difference between All American and 1st All Big Ten.
There is a massive gap between 1st team all Big Ten and a guy who probably isn’t even in the top 100 players in the big ten.

• Haha
Reactions: 1016CC0503

You’re really dumb.

Williams, Kofi, and even Edey are potential Big Ten PoY candidates. Williams will be on some pre season all American teams. There is not a huge difference between All American and 1st All Big Ten.
There is a massive gap between 1st team all Big Ten and a guy who probably isn’t even in the top 100 players in the big ten.
Both Edey and Williams potential B1G players of the year... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT