ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

I believe that Michigan football will finish better than Illinois in the fall. Ban bet?
Hahahahahah immediately pivots to football😂

Another coward.

Glad you guys are showing your true level of faith in Juwan.

You could’ve just said you had no faith in Bielema
No faith in Bielema?
I have faith that he’ll be better than what we’ve had at Illinois during my lifetime.

Do I have faith we will be CFP contenders next year? Hell no.

Do you really want to compare Michigan Basketball expectations with Illinois football?

That’s pretty embarrassing if so, but again having no faith in Juwan is the consistent theme here…

Next time just say no to the bet, will save a lot of time

Ban bet on whether or not Illinois makes to the final four next year?

SIAP but this was really interesting

well-there-it-is.gif

• Haha
Reactions: texanhoosier1982
Hockey tournament still going on. Minnesota up 1-0 on St. Cloud State at the moment. Buckeyes take on Quinnipiac and Michigan plays Penn State tomorrow

Great game the other day Sparty, tough one to come out on the short end.

Would have nearly iced my bracket pool if you would have won and made the Final 4.

Was that Kansas State and Mich. St. matchup the "best game we'll see in this tournament?*. I believe so.

Wade having 18 assists and Banks having 10 made threes for the Runnin' Rebs in a Final 4 loss to IU brought back some great memories of that game when the TV crew brought up that Assists record for Nowell

I’m at the Orlando airport and the Maryland baseball team is here and having a spirited game of hacky sack.

Very cool!

Mayer is the only lock.

Could lose Shannon and Hawkins to the draft, but we’ll pay them big to return if they don’t like where they stand in that regard.

So far we’ve heard rumors that we could lose any of Dainja, Epps, Melendez, and Harris. I’d imagine we don’t lose of all of them, but 2 or 3 wouldn’t surprise me.
FWIW, Harris posted he’d be back and then deleted it. Per “insiders,” that was because the staff didn’t want to set a precedent that players literally on the team had to announce a recommitment every offseason. Lol, no idea if that’s true, but if it is … I support it 100%.

My totally random guess is we return everyone but (obviously) Mayer, Dainja and Epps. Really don’t get the Epps one, but oh well. That’s the new era.

FWIW, Harris posted he’d be back and then deleted it. Per “insiders,” that was because the staff didn’t want to set a precedent that players literally on the team had to announce a recommitment every offseason. Lol, no idea if that’s true, but if it is … I support it 100%.

My totally random guess is we return everyone but (obviously) Mayer, Dainja and Epps. Really don’t get the Epps one, but oh well. That’s the new era.
I have heard Harris’s demands are absurd… so unless he comes down on that, he’s not going to be likely to return.

I’m hoping the waiver situation scares Dainja enough to stay at least one more year.

Like you said about Epps, I don’t expect him back. RJ is the wildcard, he apparently wants to be back but someone with pull within his family does not

I have heard Harris’s demands are absurd… so unless he comes down on that, he’s not going to be likely to return.

I’m hoping the waiver situation scares Dainja enough to stay at least one more year.

Like you said about Epps, I don’t expect him back. RJ is the wildcard, he apparently wants to be back but someone with pull within his family does not
Where would dainja go?

So have there been any big, unexpected departures in the B1G yet?

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Purdue. I'd have to think that Newman and Waddell would be prime candidates to leave. The front court could have some, but those decision probably hinge on Edey's decision.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Purdue. I'd have to think that Newman and Waddell would be prime candidates to leave. The front court could have some, but those decision probably hinge on Edey's decision.

Not unexpected but we will be losing Jett and Kobe

I’m not sure if it qualifies as “Big” but we are losing Epps and likely Melendez.

Reactions: Toast.

If Edey leaves, I'd guess they all stay, right?

What’s the feeling on Edey? Gone or back?

If Edey leaves, I'd guess they all stay, right?
In terms of the front court: my best guess would be yes. Unless his decision lingers and someone makes the call before that.

I'd think TKR's decision is almost completely tied to Edey. I could see Furst going elsewhere - I really think he'd be best as a mobile 5 (and hope we use him as such moving forward).

I really don't know. My gut tells me he might be fed up with the beatings and his teammates' bricks, but he might want to remove the stench of the FDU game from his legacy and my buddy close to our NIL fund says we're putting together a nice package for him.

Reactions: cmore79
Have heard rumors (who knows how valid) that he isn’t a fan of playing overseas so I’d guess he’ll come back. Would think he’d be set up for a solid NIL payday and has things he can work on to better prepare himself for the next level. I’d say 70/30 he comes back. He’s still pretty young (turns 21 in a few months) so that helps too.

If Edey stays I could see TKR maybe leaving because he wouldn’t get a ton of PT next year.

In terms of the front court: my best guess would be yes. Unless his decision lingers and someone makes the call before that.

I'd think TKR's decision is almost completely tied to Edey. I could see Furst going elsewhere - I really think he'd be best as a mobile 5 (and hope we use him as such moving forward).

I really don't know. My gut tells me he might be fed up with the beatings and his teammates' bricks, but he might want to remove the stench of the FDU game from his legacy and my buddy close to our NIL fund says we're putting together a nice package for him.
I doubt Furst leaves. His brother is coming in as a freshman walk-on (could see him maybe earning a scholarship a la Grady Eifert down the road).

I doubt Furst leaves. His brother is coming in as a freshman walk-on (could see him maybe earning a scholarship a la Grady Eifert down the road).
I hope he doesn't and that definitely makes sense. But there are very few dudes out there these days that would surprise me. Specifically ones that played like 6 minutes in our latest tourney game and are as talented as Furst.

Reactions: boiler1987
ADVERTISEMENT