ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
half-bad-santa-half.gif

I’m giving you 7 locks. Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and LSU. The mental gymnastics anyone would have to do to put three others ahead of Michigan 2015-present would be really interesting.

I’m giving you 7 locks. Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and LSU. The mental gymnastics anyone would have to do to put three others ahead of Michigan 2015-present would be really interesting.
I don’t care. You’re moving the goalposts to some other discussion with parameters that arguably includes Michigan in them. Just accept it.

I don’t care. You’re moving the goalposts to some other discussion with parameters that arguably includes Michigan in them. Just accept it.

Translation: “I can’t”.

That’s not even a troll you could pull off. The white flag is disappointing but expected. The list would’ve been funny.

Well no shit.

But overall from 2015-present there haven’t been 10 better programs. If anyone believes that I’d like to see that list. I’ll give: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and LSU. That’s 7. Who are the other 3 programs?
We’ve been there just as much as you.

We’ve been there just as much as you.

In the time frame Wisconsin:
Never won the Big Ten.
Never made the CFB Playoffs.
Finished unranked 3 times to our 2.

And now add in the 2022 disparity.

Putting Wisconsin above Michigan from 2015-present would be illogical. Next?

Not sure I’d put LSU ahead honestly. They had one remarkable season and one other double digit win season. Pretty meh besides that.

The other OSU is probably up there along with us. I think that’s about 10. Nobody else has put together 4 double digit win seasons that I can find.

In the time frame Wisconsin:
Never won the Big Ten.
Never made the CFB Playoffs.
Finished unranked 3 times to our 2.

And now add in the 2022 disparity.

Putting Wisconsin above Michigan from 2015-present would be illogical. Next?
This is the internet. Nothing logical about it.

Not sure I’d put LSU ahead honestly. They had one remarkable season and one other double digit win season. Pretty meh besides that.

The other OSU is probably up there along with us. I think that’s about 10. Nobody else has put together 4 double digit win seasons that I can find.

I was just being trying to be fair. Okie St., Penn State, and Wisconsin have been similar. I don’t think it makes sense to rank them all ahead of Michigan though.

MSU and Washington have both made the playoffs but they’ve had more/worse bad years.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson

3. Georgia
4. Ohio St.
5. Oklahoma

6. Notre Dame
7. LSU

8. Michigan
9. Wisconsin
10. Penn State
11. Oklahoma State

12. Michigan State
13. Washington

Something like that maybe. But I’d be curious to see another list if people strongly disagree with that.

Reactions: jwardelt
You’ve already spent more time deflecting than it would take to just give your three other teams.
I’ve spent about two minutes replying. Researching and comparing takes longer than that.
Why do you need my affirmation this bad?

Also, PSU was higher than Michigan over that timeframe.

Malik Hall isn’t good
He isn’t bad either. But yeah, weird to see him on a top 11 player in the conference list when he averaged 8.9/4.6 on an average Big Ten team.

I feel like they thought they needed an MSU player and he was the best choice. I would have picked one of our guards. Shame Akins is hurt, I thought he was due to breakout. He’ll be back but lost some offseason training and will be Rusty to start the year.

Hard to see Purdue top 4, BUT.....Painter is a very good coach, and recruits to his system. Anxious to see Kaufman. Writer is spot on with Newman, IMO----you can see the ability.
He’s finished in the top 4 70% of the time so it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see it again this year.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Hard to see Purdue top 4, BUT.....Painter is a very good coach, and recruits to his system. Anxious to see Kaufman. Writer is spot on with Newman, IMO----you can see the ability.
Really not hard to see Purdue top 4 with how weak this Big Ten is going to be.

Reactions: boiler1987
Just more wins and top 10 finishes. Guess that's not important.

You can keep waiting. I knew that one from looking at it during an earlier response.

More finishes outside the top 25, no playoff appearance.

I will keep waiting because you’ll have to reach even further for the other 2. But you know that.

Just more wins and top 10 finishes. Guess that's not important.

You can keep waiting. I knew that one from looking at it during an earlier response.

Also Michigan has more wins (66 to 65). Something something math.

Michigan finishes - Penn State finishes:
3 - 7
10 - 8
12 - 9
14 - 17
18 - UR
UR - UR
UR - UR

Michigan record: 66-24
Penn State record: 65-28

CFP appearances
Michigan: 1
Penn State: 0

Last edited:
😂 this is pathetic

So is lying about PSU having more wins than Michigan. Math is hard.

Michigan finishes - Penn State finishes:
3 - 7
10 - 8
12 - 9
14 - 17
18 - UR
UR - UR
UR - UR

CFP appearances
Michigan: 1
Penn State: 0

I don’t think Papa Woody understands the proper phrasing. The word “the” shouldn’t have been included.

Reactions: MGC_07
If you ask why I have a subscription to Peegs, it’s reading shit like this from 50 something year old Rabjohns:

That was pretty dope. Best Hoosier Hysteria I’ve seen. Best one I’ve even heard about. Significantly better. Had a vibe. Had actual buzz. Major strides forward. So much cooler.

The convertibles were cool. Coaches talked briefly - very smart! Old people talking for long periods of time bores the hell out of young people. Intros were much better. Woody saying IU basketball “is the sh—,” that’s gonna play very well.

The whole thing changed because of G Herbo.

Video and photos of the IU players on stage with G Herbo are the best visuals IU basketball has ever had from an event like this. All of that will play incredibly well on social media and in things IU can and will send to recruits.

IU has never — to my knowledge — had any videos and visuals to that level of cool to send out. All that stuff hits different.

The Snoop Dogg video clip was phenomenal. Major props to whomever got that done.

Woodson coming out to “Put on” by Young Jeezy was outstanding.

This was about stamping IU as a modern basketball program with visuals, videos and images. That’s very smart.

The players on stage with G Herbo, that’s five-star stuff. That put the whole event on a completely different level. Really, IU players on stage with G Herbo, that was the heart of the event.

Everything else was just sports. The players on stage with G Herbo, that gave the event juice.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT