ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m envious of the Purdue and Indiana shit talking. It must be nice that everyone from your rivals fanbase doesn’t disappear when they suck.
Yeah we’re booty. I think a lot of these coaches that were hired during spring of COVID need to go. Pay versus results don’t match. We can throw some goddamn bags at position coaches and I hope we do in the offseason. Look at Scottie Hazelton’s track record before coming here. It’s not good. And I know UM fans love to claim Tucker isn’t a good coach, hell that may be true, but if he’s a good recruiter and brand manager and we can hire position coaches who are, I think that’s a recipe for success.

Just need to keep recruiting well. It’s the lifeboat of how to become a good program. Hopefully Tucker can tell these guys they can come and get PT.

Yeah we’re booty. I think a lot of these coaches that were hired during spring of COVID need to go. Pay versus results don’t match. We can throw some goddamn bags at position coaches and I hope we do in the offseason. Look at Scottie Hazelton’s track record before coming here. It’s not good. And I know UM fans love to claim Tucker isn’t a good coach, hell that may be true, but if he’s a good recruiter and brand manager and we can hire position coaches who are, I think that’s a recipe for success.

Just need to keep recruiting well. It’s the lifeboat of how to become a good program. Hopefully Tucker can tell these guys they can come and get PT.

“Tucker stays winning. UM is the program making excuses.” - You less than a year ago.

If Michigan is a half football team does that make Illinois a half basketball team? Michigan football has been just as good as Illinois basketball “as of late”.

I don’t think either are “.5”, fwiw. Just an odd take.
It's just math. You guys are getting way too worked up over this. Michigan has had one season with more than 10 wins over the past decade. I'm not even really sure why you think this is an insult.

We have one team that is a perennial championship contender every year, and then every other year, we have one sprinkled in that gets close.

It's just math. You guys are getting way too worked up over this. Michigan has had one season with more than 10 wins over the past decade. I'm not even really sure why you think this is an insult.

We have one team that is a perennial championship contender every year, and then every other year, we have one sprinkled in that gets close.
Lot of truth here, but.......

Even with Michigan and PSU not being of their norm, both are still far better than anyone not named Wisconsin. And now with Wisky being shit, the west is even worse. You can throw a little MSU in there...some.And now MD this year....IU a couple years back.

With the west, its usually Wisky----NW has been decent. Iowa is Iowa....Minny has had their moments. But no one from the West not named Wisky has ever been a legit title contender; B10,or CFP.

Is Illinois a 0.5 team in basketball?

Wahl AND Hepburn? Damn.
200.gif

I like Hepburn---a lot. But Whal? Meh...
He's increased production every year. Don't see why it wouldn't trend that way again w/ Davis/Davison gone. Probably be in that 13-15 ppg range, 6-8 rpg. I could see both on 2nd team. Maybe one makes a jump to 1st. It's preseason. Means zilch.

Reactions: WheelerG
There are 0 teams in basketball at the moment.

“It was a reference to the year over year performance. Michigan and Penn St haven't been legitimate perennial contenders as of late.”

By this logic Illinois is 0.5 of a team as of late.

“It was a reference to the year over year performance. Michigan and Penn St haven't been legitimate perennial contenders as of late.”

By this logic Illinois is 0.5 of a team as of late.
I don’t think you understand math, and it’s upsetting you.

I don’t think you understand math, and it’s upsetting you.

Sorry you walked yourself into that. If your bar for being a 1.0 team is being a perennial contender then Illinois doesn’t meet that anymore than Michigan football does.

Sorry you walked yourself into that. If your bar for being a 1.0 team is being a perennial contender then Illinois doesn’t meet that anymore than Michigan football does.
He literally just said Illinois (and the entire conference) is a zero in basketball…

What part aren’t you getting?

He is talking about legit title contenders. And no, we aren’t.

The one year we should’ve been, we choked to Loyola.

The conversation wasn’t about legit national title contenders. That was the weird bar he set. You can be a legit team without being one of the 4-5 legit title contenders.

Yeah, you just proved don’t get it.

0.5 perennial contender would mean Illinois has a legitimate shot at a national championship every other year which would be an upgrade from the reality.

Yeah, you just proved don’t get it.

0.5 perennial contender would mean Illinois has a legitimate shot at a national championship every other year which would be an upgrade from the reality.

That’s such a weird bar to set to determine if a team is legit or not. Michigan has been a top 10 program under Harbaugh and that’s makes them legit even if we’ll always be a tier below OSU/Bama/Clemson/Georgia

That’s such a weird bar to set to determine if a team is legit or not. Michigan has been a top 10 program under Harbaugh and that’s makes them legit even if we’ll always be a tier below OSU/Bama/Clemson/Georgia
You’re the one hyper analyzing this. Michigan has rarely legitimately contended for a national championship of late. My point was OSU every year and one team about every other (at best) have a realistic shot at it in the conference. You got butt hurt and tried to read further into it. It’s the reality.

You’re the one hyper analyzing this. Michigan has rarely legitimately contended for a national championship of late. My point was OSU every year and one team about every other (at best) have a realistic shot at it in the conference. You got butt hurt and tried to read further into it. It’s the reality.

Michigan has been a top 10 team since Harbaugh was hired. That’s also reality.

The conversation wasn’t about legit national title contenders. That was the weird bar he set. You can be a legit team without being one of the 4-5 legit title contenders.
Hilarious that you still can't follow his logic.

Michigan has been a top 10 team since Harbaugh was hired. That’s also reality.
Michigan has only finished in the top 10 in the final AP poll twice in Harbaugh's tenure.

2015 - 12
2016 - 10
2017 - NR
2018 - 14
2019 - 18
2020 - NR
2021 - 3

That's doesn't align with your statement.

Reactions: jwardelt
Michigan has only finished in the top 10 in the final AP poll twice in Harbaugh's tenure.

2015 - 12
2016 - 10
2017 - NR
2018 - 14
2019 - 18
2020 - NR
2021 - 3

That's doesn't align with your statement.

Name me 10 programs who have been better since 2015

Some years. Others, not so much.

Well no shit.

But overall from 2015-present there haven’t been 10 better programs. If anyone believes that I’d like to see that list. I’ll give: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and LSU. That’s 7. Who are the other 3 programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT