ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of red flags around this kid. Crazy family. From the time this kid was in middle school here in the Lafayette area, he has been in and out of 9 different schools Bizarre situation.

Painter knew the risks taking this kids commitment. Did it as a favor to his dad if we’re being honest. When they came back to Purdue and asked if Purdue would continue to recruit him if he went looking for other schools, painter told the family to pound sand. Congrats to Illinois but being around this family for years and I just don’t see how this kid is going to be successful at the next level.
He’s the kind of kid that I would have been fearful of recruiting, even 2 years ago. But now, if he doesn’t work out then he transfers and then we go get a transfer to replace him. The way I look at recruiting is vastly different than I used to just a short time ago.

A lot of red flags around this kid. Crazy family. From the time this kid was in middle school here in the Lafayette area, he has been in and out of 9 different schools Bizarre situation.

Painter knew the risks taking this kids commitment. Did it as a favor to his dad if we’re being honest. When they came back to Purdue and asked if Purdue would continue to recruit him if he went looking for other schools, painter told the family to pound sand. Congrats to Illinois but being around this family for years and I just don’t see how this kid is going to be successful at the next level.
This is a whole lotta cope after losing your highest rated recruit in the class to a conference foe.

Ironic end to your first paragraph when your starting point guard this year is at his 4th college in 5 years.

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
“They believe in me more than anyone else and they showed that.”

When he committed to Purdue: “Purdue stayed with me through my whole injury process and no other school did that. Always go where you are most wanted, don’t worry about the clout.”

😂😂😂
Heard Purdue didn’t want him the mo$t, so that quote actually checks out.

Broke Program Problemz

Reactions: B1G_Fan
This is a whole lotta cope after losing your highest rated recruit in the class to a conference foe.

Ironic end to your first paragraph when your starting point guard this year is at his 4th college in 5 years.
Don't think Jenkins starts.

What NIL? ;)
giphy.gif

Morton at PG?
Rumor has it, our unranked 3 star 5'11 true freshman is looking really good and likely in line to start. He's the only true point on the roster.

Should be interesting. Hope he's more Chucky Hepburn than Foster Loyer.

Was a bigger issue than I’m sure anyone at Purdue wants to admit…

Seriously, what’s the upside in not investing in NIL?
Don’t think DGL would’ve stuck with Purdue regardless of NIL. And we are investing in NIL just were late to the game on it.

Rumor has it, our unranked 3 star 5'11 true freshman is looking really good and likely in line to start. He's the only true point on the roster.

Hepburn is 210, not 175… might be tough to live up to that.

Interesting that he’s beating out a 5th year senior tho

Hepburn is 210, not 175… might be tough to live up to that.

Interesting that he’s beating out a 5th year senior tho
I think he's closer to 185 now. He's pretty solidly built. This pic is from April before he was on campus. But yeah, he's not built like Hepburn. I'm thinking more along the lines of it would be great if his impact was anything close to Hepburn.

FPWs9JvWYAUDPIe

This probably sounded better in your head.

I’m gonna need a better effort next time, bro!
not my fault your ass doesn't understand it....I mean you DO KNOW, the ncaat last longer than one weekend ----right?

IU has sucked ass, yet over the past 15 years, still has more big 10 titles than you dudes----and sw 16's. Maybe ya'll can get Self to come back---ya know, get ya'll over that first weekend hump?

I went to high school with his brothers. He’s a local kid. A lot of this stuff is well-known in the West Lafayette/Lafayette community. I don’t get why you Illinois fans are so chirpy these days. Underwood is a good coach and has a built a solid program. You Illinois fans get awful defensive these days.

here’s an example of the mother you get to deal with 😂 can’t wait to see what her first beef with Underwood is.

not my fault your ass doesn't understand it....I mean you DO KNOW, the ncaat last longer than one weekend ----right?

IU has sucked ass, yet over the past 15 years, still has more big 10 titles than you dudes----and sw 16's. Maybe ya'll can get Self to come back---ya know, get ya'll over that first weekend hump?
I can’t hear you down there getting 30 pieced in the first round.

You’ll have to speak up.

I went to high school with his brothers. He’s a local kid. A lot of this stuff is well-known in the West Lafayette/Lafayette community. I don’t get why you Illinois fans are so chirpy these days. Underwood is a good coach and has a built a solid program. You Illinois fans get awful defensive these days.

here’s an example of the mother you get to deal with 😂 can’t wait to see what her first beef with Underwood is.

Mom ain’t getting much say moving forward, our staff went directly thru his dad because they already knew about this.

In today’s environment, anyone can transfer. Even kids with great parents.

So go for players that you think can make a difference and immediately make the rotation. Kids who play 20+ minutes are less likely to transfer than kids who play 11th man. If they still leave, hit the portal.

Mom ain’t getting much say moving forward, our staff went directly thru his dad because they already knew about this.

So go for players that you think can make a difference and immediately make the rotation. Kids who play 20+ minutes are less likely to transfer than kids who play 11th man. If they still leave, hit the portal.
The mom is involved. If you don't think she is with the info im giving you then i can't help you.

You don’t understand why the fans of the team that won more conference games in each of the last 2 seasons than any other program are chirpy before a season with a very good chance to do it again? Why did Purdue fans get chirpy all of a sudden a few years ago again?

I like her already.

You don’t understand why the fans of the team that won more conference games in each of the last 2 seasons than any other program are chirpy before a season with a very good chance to do it again? Why did Purdue fans get chirpy all of a sudden a few years ago again?
No I don’t.

His mom and I have the same dealer. We've done meth together a couple of times. She isn't happy. Don't be surprised if he doesn't end up at Champaign.

His mom and I have the same dealer. We've done meth together a couple of times. She isn't happy. Don't be surprised if he doesn't end up at Champaign.
Illinois staff is well aware of her habits.

But dad is calling the shots, currently. Would assume that’s a big reason why he wants his son out of WL (aside from your lack of NIL comp)

Just as an impartial bystander, I thought she made a lot of salient points

Reactions: Jaycg15

**** that I want another Loyer to root for. Give the people what they want.

Love that the announcers don’t know the rules of football and incorrectly insult Charlie Jones there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT