ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have/had plenty of opportunity for a worse loss with that schedule.

Dominated? It was literally a one score game the entire game. This whole when your teams have been absolutely shit for so long you start manipulating yourself about how good mediocrity is is an amazing phenomenon.
Add in the missed/wrong calls, the time of possession difference (13 minutes), the yardage disparity, the turnovers on scoring opportunities, and Illinois wins that game 9/10 times. That’s an early season ‘need to clean up stupid mistakes’ loss.

Simple Jim has never beaten Mel and you wanna run your mouth 🤣

I have to block you, man. Don't wanna muck up this thread even more and don't need that sociopath energy in my life. Hope you get the help you need.

Your inability to take the L in stride is quite amusing.

Add in the missed/wrong calls, the time of possession difference (13 minutes), the yardage disparity, the turnovers on scoring opportunities, and Illinois wins that game 9/10 times. That’s an early season ‘need to clean up stupid mistakes’ loss.

b3af9f50-e621-4cee-9d3c-d83d1b761ae2_text.gif

I expect Illinois to compete with Iowa and Minnesota in the next three weeks. I don’t think that one game was a great example. Definitely a step forward year, but we will see.

Surprised Indiana has fallen off so much.
Why? That 6-2 year or what not was an outlier---perfect storm. I think we are , or shoul be better than 2-10 seasons, but at the same time, not surprised.

I mean i couldsay the same thing, tbh....time of possesion, yardage disparity isn't a clear cut answer, Yesterday IU ran 101 plays or so, to UC's 70. Yardage and time of possession were damn near even: IU 348/UC 394---time of poss: IU 29 minutes....UC 29:59.....IU had 12 more first downs....----
Played them even stats wise, except for where it mattered----scoreboard. I guess I could say,

Take away some missed calls, turnovers(3) on some scoring opportunities, not getting td's in the red zone, not getting torched in the secondary, and hell, IU wins that game 9/10 times....

After all, stat wise, IU was just as good/better/even.....Right?

C'mon, dude....

What did he say that was wrong? It doesn’t matter now, game is over … but IU can’t win that game without two awful calls that netted them 7 points, and Illinois looked much better for most of the game.
Turnovers is why they won the game. To blame the game on a call in the 2nd quarter that wasn't obvious is chicken shit.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
I mean i couldsay the same thing, tbh....time of possesion, yardage disparity isn't a clear cut answer, Yesterday IU ran 101 plays or so, to UC's 70. Yardage and time of possession were damn near even: IU 348/UC 394---time of poss: IU 29 minutes....UC 29:59.....IU had 12 more first downs....----
Played them even stats wise, except for where it mattered----scoreboard. I guess I could say,

Take away some missed calls, turnovers(3) on some scoring opportunities, not getting td's in the red zone, not getting torched in the secondary, and hell, IU wins that game 9/10 times....

After all, stat wise, IU was just as good/better/even.....Right?

C'mon, dude....
You literally can’t. Indiana is a worse team and no one will argue otherwise by the end of the season.

Illinois - 44
Indiana - 77

Indiana’s first offensive play was an uncalled lateral fumble that could’ve been housed by Illinois had it not been incorrectly blown dead. The touchdown that was inexplicably called an incompletion and several other bad calls are the cherry on top of a game Illinois controlled and gave away.

Like I said, 9/10.

16-F1-A712-9-A95-499-E-B730-541-C4-BA63-AD4.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
You literally can’t. Indiana is a worse team and no one will argue otherwise by the end of the season.

Illinois - 44
Indiana - 77

Indiana’s first offensive play was an uncalled lateral fumble that could’ve been housed by Illinois had it not been incorrectly blown dead. The touchdown that was inexplicably called an incompletion and several other bad calls are the cherry on top of a game Illinois controlled and gave away.

Like I said, 9/10.

No doubt. I see a lot of similarities between your loss to IU and ours to Syracuse. We probably win that game 9 of 10 times too.

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan and Jaycg15
No doubt. I see a lot of similarities between your loss to IU and ours to Syracuse. We probably win that game 9 of 10 times too.
Yep, it happens. It isn’t the end of the world for a program that’s rebuilding, but 4-0 would’ve been good for perception.

Reactions: boiler1987

Illinois - 44
Indiana - 77

Like I said, 9/10.

literally i can, because what i did with the cincy game, is exactly what you did with the IU/illinoia game. You used stats, and a bad call.....I showed the stats of the IU/Cincy game ---which were damn near identical----which by your thinking, means IU/Cincy are equal; not to mention IU had 12 more first downs, and ran 33 more plays.

Yet Cincy dominated the game---on the scoreboard---which is where it matters.

And your pretty little graph shows if things went as they should, that you guys were "probably" a whopping 4 fukin points better? JFC dude---really----4 losuy fuking points? You're on here acting as if Illinois should have won the game by 4 touchdowns,or something-----Yet if shit had panned out as you think, Illinois wins about a mere 4 fuking points? Being 4 points better equals winning 9/10 times?

JFC.....Really?

literally i can, because what i did with the cincy game, is exactly what you did with the IU/illinoia game. You used stats, and a bad call.....I showed the stats of the IU/Cincy game ---which were damn near identical----which by your thinking, means IU/Cincy are equal; not to mention IU had 12 more first downs, and ran 33 more plays.

Yet Cincy dominated the game---on the scoreboard---which is where it matters.

And your pretty little graph shows if things went as they should, that you guys were "probably" a whopping 4 fukin points better? JFC dude---really----4 losuy fuking points? You're on here acting as if Illinois should have won the game by 4 touchdowns,or something-----Yet if shit had panned out as you think, Illinois wins about a mere 4 fuking points? Being 4 points better equals winning 9/10 times?

JFC.....Really?

Nice straw man. I’ll play along.

Probably two tuddies at least. Three turnovers in the red zone, and two missed calls that are either a td or a turnover that put Illinois in extremely favorable field position.

Indiana got their shit pushed in against Cincinnati. It was never a game. Why is that relevant?

Indiana got their shit pushed in against Cincinnati. It was never a game. Why is that relevant?
I'm confused by that comment too. It's not like IU lit up UC. They were outgained and IU averaged 4.2 yards per pass attempt (with a 46.9% completion rate) and 1.8 YPC.

UC went up 14 midway thru the 2nd quarter and that was as close as IU ever got again.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Nice straw man. I’ll play along.

Probably two tuddies at least. Three turnovers in the red zone, and two missed calls that are either a td or a turnover that put Illinois in extremely favorable field position.

You'll play along? Dude you're the one that started this dumb shit....

Why is IU/Cincy releavant? Really? Look you said Illinois dominated---more yards,more this, more that, etc, etc.....therefore they actually won, even though they lost---According to your logic, better stats equals better team---never mind the score....SOOOOO.......that is why I used the STATS from the IU/Cincy game---they were damn near identical: Time of possession was even ....Cincy only had like 50 more total yards...Hell IU had 12 more 1st downs.....Passing yards pretty even...IU rushed for 28 more yards...So on and so on...Soooo, according to your logic, IU/Cincy are even---except well, they were not.

I mean I guess I could say if IU had not given up two long TD passes, and had a fumbled returned for a TD, well they would have tied Cincy.....Right?

Illinois had some tough calls----So did IU. Hell all teams get calls that go against them---thing is, when you win, we don't care---when you lose? ell we get a thread like this.

Bottom line is this: Don't let IU drive 75 yards with no timeouts, under 2 minutes left, with no rushing game, to WIN. Make a stop, bro.

You'll play along? Dude you're the one that started this dumb shit....

Why is IU/Cincy releavant? Really? Look you said Illinois dominated---more yards,more this, more that, etc, etc.....therefore they actually won, even though they lost---According to your logic, better stats equals better team---never mind the score....SOOOOO.......that is why I used the STATS from the IU/Cincy game---they were damn near identical: Time of possession was even ....Cincy only had like 50 more total yards...Hell IU had 12 more 1st downs.....Passing yards pretty even...IU rushed for 28 more yards...So on and so on...Soooo, according to your logic, IU/Cincy are even---except well, they were not.

I mean I guess I could say if IU had not given up two long TD passes, and had a fumbled returned for a TD, well they would have tied Cincy.....Right?

Illinois had some tough calls----So did IU. Hell all teams get calls that go against them---thing is, when you win, we don't care---when you lose? ell we get a thread like this.

Bottom line is this: Don't let IU drive 75 yards with no timeouts, under 2 minutes left, with no rushing game, to WIN. Make a stop, bro.
I played along with your misrepresentation/misunderstanding of what I said. You did it again here.

1. Never said Illinois won. That’s moronic. I said they dominated and their mistakes and bad calls cost the game. Simple difference.

2. Cincinnati took their foot off the pedal when they went up 4 scores in the second quarter. Not comparable.

Last edited:
I played along with your misrepresentation/misunderstanding of what I said. You did it again here.

1. Never said Illinois won. That’s moronic. I said they dominated and their mistakes and bad calls cost the game. Simple difference.

2. Cincinnati took their foot off the pedal when they went up 4 scores in the second quarter. Not comparable.
Their lack of scoring in the second half had more to do with their qb almost certainly getting injured during the game. They obviously didn’t have a ton need to score in the second half also

Reactions: Jaycg15

you used stats as one of your "power points"---its why I used stats from IU game...

You must not have watched the IU game. Cincy never "took their foot off the petal"---aside from 3-4 big plays, IU kept their offense in check; cincy only rushed for 40 total yards. And two their tuchdowns were gifted, so to speak: fumble return, and IU being forced to go for it on 4th down from their own 3. Maybe watch the game next time?

you used stats as one of your "power points"---its why I used stats from IU game...

You must not have watched the IU game. Cincy never "took their foot off the petal"---aside from 3-4 big plays, IU kept their offense in check; cincy only rushed for 40 total yards. And two their tuchdowns were gifted, so to speak: fumble return, and IU being forced to go for it on 4th down from their own 3. Maybe watch the game next time?
Allowing an offense to put up 31 points in a half is keeping them in check now?

It’s okay to be wrong. You can stop doubling down and no one will care.

He’s literally only doing that because Buck went to IU but glad you boys got a kick out of it
I would guess anyone would be entertained if it was said about their rival. Hell, Hail would re-post that shit 27 times if it was said about Sparty.

• Haha
Reactions: boiler1987
IU gets dumptrucked by 30 in the first round and now they’re the favorite in the conference this year. Does the Big Ten suck that bad?
Not sure why this is such a surprise. tbh----IU returns 90% of their offense, rebounding, etc, etc,,,
Top 10'ish class, highlighted by 5*'s Reneau/Hood=Schifino..
Won 21 games----NCAAT team....

Look at things in context, if ya really want to discuss how good IU could, be...

1. 9-11 in big 10, but.......6 of those loses were by 5 points or less. IUjust could not close games.

2.. Tbh, IU got jobbed a bit with their seed----they were ranked higher overall than VaTech, bur due to some supposed scheduling issues, IU was bumped to the PLay in game. Tough sledding , and simply ran out of gas vs SMC.

I know no one wants to entertain the reasons why IU is a favorite....Or look at the circumstances leading to IU's 29 point loss. Even though if this were Purdue, you'd do the same...

Time will tell.....IU improves from 3, and they'll really be difficult to beat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT