ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Conversation needed?? How many Big Ten arenas have y’all been to? I want to hit more this year:

- Illinois
- Iowa
- Northwestern

Not a B1G arena, but I’ve also been to the BTT at the United Center.
5 including Mackey.

Northwestern: Pre-renovation. Literally hated every second in that trash ass gym, but would go every time Purdue played there when I lived in Chicago just because I couldn't say no to a game so close.

Indiana: The game when we were top 10 and IU was terrible, and they made it a helluva game. We got a ton of shit thrown at us by IU fans on the way out lol

Michigan: Could have taken a nap during the game. Partially b/c Purdue played like shit, partially b/c the place was silent. Had a great time in Ann Arbor before/after the game - great college town imo.

OSU: Got BOGO tickets for like $30 total to #4 Purdue @ #9 OSU when we had Hummel/Jajuan/Etwaun and they had Evan Turner. I was in college, so we got the tickets like the day before and went on a road trip. Incredible game and awesome time watching Purdue win that after Turner destroyed us at home earlier in the year.

Not B1G, but I've been to a couple CU games since I've lived out here. Not a great venue, but have seen some fun games.

What exactly do you define as “meh” recruits? Because if we’re talking rankings wise, I think by you’re own definition Illinois has gotten quite a few “meh” recruits over the past few classes.
They just remind me of who you have now.

Bunch of supplementary guys, but nobody who can be a true #1 option in college.

^ Conversation needed?? How many Big Ten arenas have y’all been to? I want to hit more this year:

- Illinois
- Iowa
- Northwestern

Mackey
Illinois
Michigan
Ohio State
Penn State

Never been to Bloomingtucky. I'm allergic to meth and douches.

Mackey
Illinois
Michigan
Ohio State
Penn State

I’ve never seen an allergy panel with meth and douches on it. Was it a meth-filled douche or two separate occasions? ;)

- Illinois
- Iowa
- Northwestern

Wisconsin
Michigan
Northwestern
DePaul when Northwestern was playing there
Big Ten Tournament at United Center

How was the RAC?
Aesthetically, like a ww2 German bunker.
39826022_101.jpg

I’ve never seen an allergy panel with meth and douches on it. Was it a meth-filled douche or two separate occasions? ;)
Two separate panels but I learned of them both at the same time. I made the mistake of going to Ann Arbor on business once.

Reactions: Jaycg15
^ Couple thoughts on this:

- I think Duke should be at #1, with Calipari at #2 and Kentucky ahead of Pitino. Duke really is the Notre Dame of college basketball except, ya know ... they're ACTUALLY dominant enough to be that annoyingly arrogant. Plus, I feel like a lot of the same people who love your Bruce Pearl types actually hype Pitino constantly now.
- Gonzaga?? Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I have never heard anyone hate on them. People give them shlt for falling just short of the championship and all, but I think most people have a lot of respect for a tiny private school in Eastern Washington that plays in a small conference to be THAT good nationally for this long.
- Do people hate Rick Barnes?? Maybe there are stories I don't know, but my impression of him was always just an old guy who never did anything with his elite talent.
- I think Dickinson should be higher. Even if you love his game, the kid seems to actually enjoy creating controversy, and I think he would actually be disappointed he was this low, lol.
- Is Indiana really that hated outside of Illinois, Purdue Country in IN, Kentucky and some parts of Ohio? I mean, my impression is that a lot of random fans from across the country actually have this weird soft spot for Indiana, wanting them to be good again.
- LOL, I love that Fran made this list ... but I am not sure your average college basketball fan "hates" him. He's more like Tom Crean-esque entertaining and hilarious.

Last edited:

- I think Duke should be at #1, with Calipari at #2 and Kentucky ahead of Pitino. Duke really is the Notre Dame of college basketball except, ya know ... they're ACTUALLY dominant enough to be that annoyingly arrogant. Plus, I feel like a lot of the same people who love your Bruce Pearl types actually hype Pitino constantly now.
- Gonzaga?? Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I have never heard anyone hate on them. People give them shlt for falling just short of the championship and all, but I think most people have a lot of respect for a tiny private school in Eastern Washington that plays in a small conference to be THAT good nationally for this long.
- Do people hate Rick Barnes?? Maybe there are stories I don't know, but my impression of him was always just an old guy who never did anything with his elite talent.
- I think Dickinson should be higher. Even if you love his game, the kid seems to actually enjoy creating controversy, and I think he would actually be disappointed he was this low, lol.
- Is Indiana really that hated outside of Illinois, Purdue Country in IN and some parts of Ohio? I mean, my impression is that a lot of random fans from across the country actually have this weird soft spot for Indiana, wanting them to be good again.
- LOL, I love that Fran made this list ... but I am not sure your average college basketball fan "hates" him. He's more like Tom Crean-esque entertaining and hilarious.
Had the same thoughts. Rick Barnes and Francon? Who hates those guys?

- Is Indiana really that hated outside of Illinois, Purdue Country in IN, Kentucky and some parts of Ohio? I mean, my impression is that a lot of random fans from across the country actually have this weird soft spot for Indiana, wanting them to be good again.
I don't even know who Uros Plavsic is.

Fran finally made the top 25!!

FZ1guckXkAEgfrE
Is Indiana basketball top 3 in our conference in terms of the hate they get? I mean Purdue fans hate them, but I feel like there’s more hate out there for other teams for sure.

IU in recent memory has gotten laughed at more than been hated with little Archie.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Izzo got a new 5-year, $ 30M+ contract.

I thought he was about to retire maybe next year.
It’s rolling too, lifetime contract.

He’s said it and the people around him too, he’s only going to be done when he feels like physically he can’t do the job anymore. He mentioned that COVID probably pushed back his retirement because he hated not being able to coach.

I’m of the opinion he coaches until health problems start making that hard, which is likely coming within the next few years.

Mackey
Illinois
Michigan
Ohio State
Penn State

Odd----Tippecanoe County has a huge meth problem...Or did. And at one time, had a much higher meth lab/arrest rate than Monroe...

Guess all the methies moved out of West Laffy, and scuttled south to Bloomington..

Meth statistics​

Meth arrests by four separate agencies in Tippecanoe County have steadily increased in the last seven years.

The West Lafayette Police Department made only 16 meth arrests in 2015. Those numbers steadily rose in each following year, and in 2020, the department arrested 32 people on meth-related charges. From Jan. 1 to June 15, WLPD made 18 meth arrests. Extrapolated to the entire year, the department is on pace to make about 39 meth arrests.

The Lafayette Police Department made 95 meth arrests in 2015, and meth was the most serious charge in 80 of them. That means 15 of the 95 arrests were for more heinous crimes, and the arrestee just happened to have meth on them as well.

Those numbers rose to 362 and 316, respectively, in 2019. LPD meth arrests decreased in 2020 and the first few months of 2021, though Chad Robinson, administrative lieutenant for the Tippecanoe County Drug Task Force, attributed that to a reduction of police activity because of COVID-19 restrictions.

KC is IU's house of horror. I don't blame you. ;)
IU still has only 1 win there, right?
Most of the places I have been were due to officiating, observing, etc, etc....

Its only been opened since 1998....WHich I think is the only time IU won there..

Odd----Tippecanoe County has a huge meth problem...Or did. And at one time, had a much higher meth lab/arrest rate than Monroe...

Guess all the methies moved out of West Laffy, and scuttled south to Bloomington..

Meth statistics​

Meth arrests by four separate agencies in Tippecanoe County have steadily increased in the last seven years.

The West Lafayette Police Department made only 16 meth arrests in 2015. Those numbers steadily rose in each following year, and in 2020, the department arrested 32 people on meth-related charges. From Jan. 1 to June 15, WLPD made 18 meth arrests. Extrapolated to the entire year, the department is on pace to make about 39 meth arrests.

The Lafayette Police Department made 95 meth arrests in 2015, and meth was the most serious charge in 80 of them. That means 15 of the 95 arrests were for more heinous crimes, and the arrestee just happened to have meth on them as well.

Those numbers rose to 362 and 316, respectively, in 2019. LPD meth arrests decreased in 2020 and the first few months of 2021, though Chad Robinson, administrative lieutenant for the Tippecanoe County Drug Task Force, attributed that to a reduction of police activity because of COVID-19 restrictions.
32 in an entire yr isn’t much, and those of us from West Lafayette don’t claim Lafayette across the bridge. Those fckers are on their own.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
32 in an entire yr isn’t much, and those of us from West Lafayette don’t claim Lafayette across the bridge. Those fckers are on their own.
Certainly a big drop----from 362. As reported though--probably had a lot to do with COVID.

Its a problem everywhere..

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT