ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get that freeboard shit off here bro. You know better.
I like the Purdue fans on this board. Not trying to throw shade at you guys.

The free boards are always funny though. Purdue free bird might be my favorite. The hate for MSU goes hard.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
I know we have a few Minnesota fans in here, I posted a thread on tMB and I'd be curious to hear your thoughts (it's political). Didn't wanna muck up this thread with it.

Carry on...

I know we have a few Minnesota fans in here, I posted a thread on tMB and I'd be curious to hear your thoughts (it's political). Didn't wanna muck up this thread with it.

Carry on...
Thoughts on Royce White what? Winning the 5th district as a Republican candidate? He would have had a better chance winning the Mega Millions.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
What’s everyone’s starting lineups looking like at this point?

Currently I’d guess Illinois will go with Skyy, Shannon, Melendez, Mayer, and Hawkins. But could see Rodgers and Dainja start for certain matchups.

Currently I’d guess Illinois will go with Skyy, Shannon, Melendez, Mayer, and Hawkins. But could see Rodgers and Dainja start for certain matchups.
Well, since Isaiah Ihnen and Parker Fox are out for the season, I'd have to go with....

Ta'lon Cooper
Braeden Carrington
Jamison Battle
Dawson Garcia
Pharrel Payne

I'm going to go ahead and declare this guy B1G POY. Nope, not overreacting at all.

Reactions: pig1960

Jenkins/Smith
Newman/Loyer
Morton/Waddell
Furst/Kaufman/Gillis-no idea who starts at the 4. Furst will also get minutes as the backup 5.
Edey

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
Well, since Isaiah Ihnen and Parker Fox are out for the season, I'd have to go with....

Ta'lon Cooper
Braeden Carrington
Jamison Battle
Dawson Garcia
Pharrel Payne
2 freshmen getting trial by fire.

What are your personal expectations for the team?

Hopefully not bottom 3?

Jenkins/Smith
Newman/Loyer
Morton/Waddell
Furst/Kaufman/Gillis-no idea who starts at the 4. Furst will also get minutes as the backup 5.
Edey
Surprised Gillis isn’t a lock to start at the 3 or 4, although I liked what I saw from Morton the times I watched Purdue last year.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
This seems like good news given we offered less than a week ago during his visit.

i think it’s us or Tennessee.

kids a freak athlete, Dawson lite

• Love
Reactions: Sparty_0n

PG Llewayn
SG Bufkin
SF Howard
PF Khayat or Williams toss up
C Dickinson

Mcandiel, Baker, other PF, and Reed off the bench.

Probably a top 25 team at their projections. Will need a surprise from someone to be a contender for the conference.

Last edited:
Izzo pulling 2 top 75 guys with big offer sheets within 2 weeks of him even recruiting them is crazy. And like a week each or less having an offer.

wonder if we want the Purdue decommit too or is 4 enough

PG Llewayn
SG Bufkin
SF Howard
PF Khayat or Williams toss up
C Dickinson

Mcandiel, Baker, other PF, and Reed off the bench.

Probably a top 25 team at their projections. Will need a surprise from someone to be a contender for the conference.
Love the frontcourt, especially considering you’ll have Reed coming off the bench as well.

Feel like you’ll need someone in the backcourt to be the surprise tho.

Love the frontcourt, especially considering you’ll have Reed coming off the bench as well.

Feel like you’ll need someone in the backcourt to be the surprise tho.

I expect JL to be similar to Mike Smith and Davante Jones. Really the key to our upside is if Bufkin or Howard can be a legit secondary scorer.

I expect JL to be similar to Mike Smith and Davante Jones. Really the key to our upside is if Bufkin or Howard can be a legit secondary scorer.
I could see both averaging 10-12 ppg.

Not sure if either is a legit secondary scorer, but I could see that role changing each game depending on the matchup

Do you fans of the league really want to see Iowa not do well in the BIG 10?

The BIG is better when Iowa is in the mix.

dumb-and-dumber-uh.gif

OSU has added 2 forwards in the past week, Devin Royal and Scottie Middleton, that are going to terrorize the league down the road. 2 damn good prospects.

Surprised Gillis isn’t a lock to start at the 3 or 4, although I liked what I saw from Morton the times I watched Purdue last year.
It would normally feel like he is a lock to start but he’s just not as talented as those other 2 at his position either. His best position is definitely at the 4 spot where he doesn’t have to guard opposing wings. He’ll play a lot of minutes regardless though.

But Painter rolling with Edey over senior Trevion last year from day 1 has thrown out my expectation of the more experienced guy getting the nod over the more talented ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT