ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been very skeptical about Indiana’s outlook from the national media, but that’s not really a fair comp. They’re a team with clear top 15-20 talent that has never been able to put it together (because they’re very very very dumb).

But I do have a bit more optimism this year because Trayce seemed to unlock another level the last few games of the season, and he’s talented enough to drag them to competitiveness in an almost certainly weaker league next year. Obviously they still are going to be plagued by similar issues we’ve seen the last few years, but I’d be pretty shocked if they’re a .500 adjacent team in conference this year.
Uh yeah. I wasn’t being serious about the comp to Groce. More talent on Indiana than any of his teams. His first team he inherited should’ve been pretty damn good though.

Some of you need to watch this and rethink your lists. He’s going to destroy your team and take their girlfriends.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Me in this thread:

How Come He Dont Want Me Man GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

So what are the latest rumors for you guys?

Nothing substantial. Sounds like if Notre Dame joins the Big Ten, then Oregon will probably join with them (possibly Stanford and Washington as well). However, if ND kicks that can down the street, we probably keep the PAC 10 together. Sounds like they're trying to create some sort of scheduling agreement with the ACC to improve TV revenue, no idea if anything will happen there but it seems like they're working on something.

Reactions: cmore79
Thank you Purdue fans for Jaden Ivey. 20/6/6 in his first summer league game. I’m so hyped for him and Cade together
Wife didn't understand why the Pistons let Garza go, Duren is a beast, now she knows.

Also if anybody wants to buy a Pistons hat, I have one for sale.

Thank you Purdue fans for Jaden Ivey. 20/6/6 in his first summer league game. I’m so hyped for him and Cade together
Thank the kings for drafting Keegan first for whatever reason. Keegan should be solid, but Ivey was the clear pick at 4. Truly the worst organization in the nba.

I know they called this an offensive foul (lol), but you can tell how good a pro he’s going to be when he can make tough shots like this.

One of the main slights against Ivey was his shooting, but honestly I think that’s overstated because he was seemingly playing bored a lot last year. That’s not even really a slight, it just seemed like he wanted to skip to the nba at points last year.

Also, between Cade, Bey, Ivey and Duren, I think the pistons have a stew going. They’re going to be a fun league pass team to watch

Reactions: RichardMassive
Also, between Cade, Bey, Ivey and Duren, I think the pistons have a stew going. They’re going to be a fun league pass team to watch
Isaiah Stewart as well. Rumor has it he’s really turned himself into a shooter (3/4 yesterday) and having a switchable big bodied shooter like that with muscle is a commodity.

He’s also my neighbor.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Isaiah Stewart as well. Rumor has it he’s really turned himself into a shooter (3/4 yesterday) and having a switchable big bodied shooter like that with muscle is a commodity.

He’s also my neighbor.
The thing that worries me about Stewart’s role on the team is the bagley contract. I think that’s a misstep, I don’t think bagley was deserving of that contract and I’m not sure how he and Stewart coexist on the floor. We shall see, but I could see Stewart being in relegated to a lesser role this year. That being said, I love his game, he’s one of the best rebounders in basketball and he takes absolutely no shit

I know they called this an offensive foul (lol), but you can tell how good a pro he’s going to be when he can make tough shots like this.

One of the main slights against Ivey was his shooting, but honestly I think that’s overstated because he was seemingly playing bored a lot last year. That’s not even really a slight, it just seemed like he wanted to skip to the nba at points last year.
The Ivey shooting discussion is a bit nuanced.

The main reason his 3 pt % wasn't great at Purdue was shot selection - specifically off the dribble stuff where he simply wasn't efficient. In the catch and shoot, he was really good at Purdue. Being efficient off ball in catch and shoot is going to help him quite a bit because you really have to be good both on and off ball in the NBA.

Now where the shooting stuff is a concern is the off the dribble stuff. He's got that funky, low release so he needs more space to get it off and virtually has no mid-range game outside of little push shots. I think he has to get better there to be the terror that he can be.

But because of how dynamic he is with the ball in his hands and the fact that he can be impactful off ball as a catch and shoot guy, despite being pretty raw it feels like he has a solid floor...and damn near no ceiling. And I really think being paired with Cade in Detroit was the best landing spot for him.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Jeremy Fears finished with 18/3/5 with 2 steals for team USA (U17) to help them to the title game. He’s been pretty good for them so far and his defense is probably his best asset. Seems like guards who’s biggest strength is defense has become an absolute priority for Izzo. 3 classes in a row of guys like that (Akins, Holloman, Fears).

Who are y’all after for 2023? It seems Izzo is going all out for Xavier Booker (who 247 has a top 5 player in the country and has offers from everywhere) and Devin Royal (seems like it’s going to come down to MSU and Ohio State) . Not going too hard after anyone else, just some offers thrown out here or there.

Jeremy Fears finished with 18/3/5 with 2 steals for team USA (U17) to help them to the title game. He’s been pretty good for them so far and his defense is probably his best asset. Seems like guards who’s biggest strength is defense has become an absolute priority for Izzo. 3 classes in a row of guys like that (Akins, Holloman, Fears).
Izzo prioritizing defense while the rest of d1 is prioritizing shooting.

Btw, a little off topic because I know how many women in sports haters we have on here, but some unfortunate news over the past few days for an Iowa women's basketball recruit.

While attending an AAU tournament down in Louisville on Tuesday evening, Ava Jones and her family were struck by an impaired driver, who had apparently taken hydrocodone hours earlier and became tired behind the wheel.

Ava's father passed away in the hospital on Thursday, while her mother remains in critical condition. Ava, a 4 star recruit who had just committed to Iowa days prior, is in less serious condition, but neither her or her mother have regained consciousness since the accident.

The driver had entered a plea of not guilty to the initial charges, though this was prior to the murder charge added following the father's death.

Btw, a little off topic because I know how many women in sports haters we have on here, but some unfortunate news over the past few days for an Iowa women's basketball recruit.

While attending an AAU tournament down in Louisville on Tuesday evening, Ava Jones and her family were struck by an impaired driver, who had apparently taken hydrocodone hours earlier and became tired behind the wheel.

Ava's father passed away in the hospital on Thursday, while her mother remains in critical condition. Ava, a 4 star recruit who had just committed to Iowa days prior, is in less serious condition, but neither her or her mother have regained consciousness since the accident.

The driver had entered a plea of not guilty to the initial charges, though this was prior to the murder charge added following the father's death.
Livng less than 5 miles from Louisville, I have followed this closely. Such a sad situation. Kid responsible said he had taken "A" hydrocodone pill....WHich made him sleepy. Don't know any details about a toxicology report....but someting tells me its probably gonna reveal more than just hydrocodone...

Very tragic...

Jesus.

Almost wished you hadn’t brought this here and you were gonna tell us how Caitlin Clark is the female Steph Curry or something.

Terribly sad man

Who are y’all after for 2023? It seems Izzo is going all out for Xavier Booker (who 247 has a top 5 player in the country and has offers from everywhere) and Devin Royal (seems like it’s going to come down to MSU and Ohio State) . Not going too hard after anyone else, just some offers thrown out here or there.

Jeremy Fears led the USA in scoring in the semifinal and final game of the U17 in route to their gold medal. Also totaled 12 assists over the two games. He was playing with 5 star recruits. Both games he was above 60% from the field and I believe didn’t miss a free throw. Kids been on fire. Also racked up multiple steals.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUfanBorden
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT