ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Uncle Phil working the back channels?

1st domino is ND.

If they accept, the Big Ten has to decide whether 18 or 20 makes more sense. If it’s 20, they’ll add Stanford, UW and Oregon. If it’s 18, they will choose one of them.

If ND doesn’t accept, the Big Ten could add 2 of the PAC teams on their own or just stick to 16.

Reactions: RichieRebel
1st domino is ND.

If they accept, the Big Ten has to decide whether 18 or 20 makes more sense. If it’s 20, they’ll add Stanford, UW and Oregon. If it’s 18, they will choose one of them.

If ND doesn’t accept, the Big Ten could add 2 of the PAC teams on their own or just stick to 16.
B1G wants to go bigger, 24 is the goal if they can find the right teams.

Big Picture? Yes, that's the plan. My post is about the immediate future
They’d like to get to 24 by the time USC and UCLA join.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they lock up Oregon, Cal, Stanford, and Washington by the end of the year.

You guys gotta “call first” though, because B1G is trying to avoid tampering

They’d like to get to 24 by the time USC and UCLA join.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they lock up Oregon, Cal, Stanford, and Washington by the end of the year.

You guys gotta “call first” though, because B1G is trying to avoid tampering

Oregon has already called. I'd be surprised (but glad) if the Big Ten wants to expand to 24 by 2024

Oregon has already called. I'd be surprised (but glad) if the Big Ten wants to expand to 24 by 2024
They’d be sitting at 20 already, and would be just waiting for the ACC/Notre Dame damn to burst.

And that’s inevitable, Notre Dame is already feeling the pressure.

Reactions: duckboy33
Washington seems like such a meh add. They have fallen off a cliff since Peterson left.
It’s about markets and potential.

Compared to Rutgers and Nebraska, I’d count it as a win considering who else is getting added alongside them.

Would think they'd want to add more east coast flavor to the mix rather than the entire pacific seaboard but who knows.
4 more PAC, then waiting for ACC damn to burst.

UVA, UNC, Georgia Tech, and Miami are who they want from the east coast.

And obviously Notre Dame, but that’s kinda it own deal

1st domino is ND.

Don't know if this is legit but that tracks with what I've been hearing and thinking.

I like Brad, I think he’s very knowledgeable about the game and has good connections. I don’t know about his football counterpart.
It’s not personal. His board persona is hyper-sensitive and arrogant. I’ve subscribed to his information for 17 years, so I have a good deal of respect for his connections and information. The issue is how he interacts with the community.

You scab football programs of the BIG 10 should be left coming our boots right now. If it wasn't for the Iowa's, Michigans, OSUs, MSUs PSUs, etc.....you people would be on welfare

Your welcome
Ohio State, Michigan, Penn St, Wisconsin and even Michigan State are at minimum 1 tier above Iowa.

You are in the same boat as Northwesten, bub.

You’re* welcome.

Your cheer leading effort on OSU football/Michigan MBB/Nebraska VB is noted.

Hayden Fry revolutionized the Big 10.

It was all Michigan and OSU before Iowa broke up the monopoly and showed other Big 10 schools how to win. 3 Rose Bowls in the 80s. And a game away from 5 in 10 years

Just enjoyed the ride, you welfare recipients
Your last Big Ten title was in 2004 and you shared it. Last outright title was in 1985…

And you are putting yourself in the same category as Ohio State and Michigan.

Woof.

Your last Big Ten title was in 2004 and you shared it. Last outright title was in 1985…

And you are putting yourself in the same category as Ohio State and Michigan.

Woof.

Quit trying so hard. This isn't your realm. I give you guys grace in basketball, but this is over your head.

Football is our realm.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT