ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greeat college players...just didn't have much of a chance to stick in the NBA. One is too short, one too slow.

I am a little surprised frank Jackson never acclimated to the nba. I guess being in 2 of the worst situations in the nba didn’t help but still. The other 2 had extremely steep climbs to carve out any prolonged success in the nba.

I am a little surprised frank Jackson never acclimated to the nba. I guess being in 2 of the worst situations in the nba didn’t help but still. The other 2 had extremely steep climbs to carve out any prolonged success in the nba.
Jackson played elsewhere before here and wasn’t great.

Hard to be successful as a guard when you don’t shoot well, lock down defensively, or have PG skills. He’s not a rotational kind of player in a good team.

From the next Kevin Durant to EMU

Life comes at you fast lol
Elgin Bates giving Casey Anthony a run for her money as worst parent ever.

just torched his kids future for a quick buck pulling him out of school for a fake HS he owned so he could funnel some shoe company money to himself.

bates getting actual coaching from a credible prep school, and credible college coach after that would have ended totally different

Reactions: MGC_07

just torched his kids future for a quick buck pulling him out of school for a fake HS he owned so he could funnel some shoe company money to himself.

bates getting actual coaching from a credible prep school, and credible college coach after that would have ended totally different
Yeah, Elgin and Emoni believed he was above that. They truly think Emoni doesn’t need good coaching, just needs the ball and for the other players to get out of the way. Clearly that hasn’t worked for him.

Yeah, Elgin and Emoni believed he was above that. They truly think Emoni doesn’t need good coaching, just needs the ball and for the other players to get out of the way. Clearly that hasn’t worked for him.
Elgin spent more time yelling at espn because they said Chet holmgren was better than emoni than actually developing the kid.

now Chet’s 2nd overall and emoni will be in shitty ypsi

💯

Reactions: JRMSU
Someone will pick him up. Hopefully a front office with some smarts that know how to use him.
We had C injuries and he couldn’t get on the court for very long. Just doesn’t have the tools to defend in the NBA.

Someone will pick him up. Hopefully a front office with some smarts that know how to use him.
Lol Detroit already wasted a pick on him.

They finally made the “smart” play here and got rid of his slow ass.

The smart play would have been to play Garza instead of Trey Lyles during their losing streak...
Garza just doesn’t have NBA footspeed, sorry that him getting picked last year raised your expectations on what his career was going to inevitably be.

Reactions: JRMSU

Don't leave out Penny. There's so much to this story that I hope one day comes out.

How many shots a night was Emoni promised? It will be hilarious if he fails to make one of the MAC All-Conference teams.
I don't get the hate the kid, himself, gets.

Dad has recognized he messed up.

Dealer I work for is one of the boosters who paid Bates. Met him and his family. Dad did come off like he was selling (weak sauce when have dealerships of sharks), and Bates was just humble and wanted to work. While at Memphis he worked. Wasn't a problem.

Great kid with a ton of potential.

Last edited:
Sorry to get off the topic of off-season B1G basketball for just a second, but I wanted to share a paywalled home board gem (which is my favorite kind of post to make in this thread). Name removed to protect the innocent, and most likely stoned.

My wife and I just got back from watching the popular Top Gun movie at a local Boise, Idaho cinema. If you haven’t seen this movie, we strongly recommend. I see a correlation between this movie’s theme and this years Iowa football success. Basically you have some of American’s best modern-age pilots who have been put together for selection purpose to find the best—-- to be part of a suicide mission. Three weeks to formulate a united team mission— with drills, practice runs, intelligence reports, etc.……What finally made them a team….a touch football game on the beach on a day that was supposed to be more drills. They had fun, creating bonds with one another, cheered each other on, built a trust amongst themselves, laughed, and had a team building results . I challenge each Hawkeye player to get to know your teammates better. Build a trust by reaching out and expose some weaknesses—-get closer by laughing and having your teammates back. Good luck on your future successes.

Sorry to get off the topic of off-season B1G basketball for just a second, but I wanted to share a paywalled home board gem (which is my favorite kind of post to make in this thread). Name removed to protect the innocent, and most likely stoned.
No where near as good as this but yesterday our mod told @cmore79 he expected more from him.

Does Izzo have more room on his lapel for another ribbon?

He hasn’t been at MSU for like 5 years now.

Dude just a month ago posted himself doing lean on his IG story. What a ****ing idiot. He was so close to generational wealth, potentially a max contract. Now he might go to jail.

No where near as good as this but yesterday our mod told @cmore79 he expected more from him.
Brad is such a douchebag anymore. He can't take the slightest bit of criticism no matter how lightly it's handed to him. I can barely stand the board most days, but I'd hate to leave the community.

ice-cube-wtf.gif

Lol wow

@cmore79 seems like a chill guy not a psychopath like me . Wonder what triggered the guy lol
@cmore79 seems like a good dude and always tries to welcome new posters. It was pretty petty. I didn’t read every post so
someone correct me if I am wrong.

Other posters were frustrated with the lack of inside info prior to the French kid commitment and questioning why pay for a site if you don’t find anything until afterwords. Mods indicated they were sworn to secrecy.

I thought cmore was playing the middle understanding both sides and then that comment.

Reactions: GOO_HAM and cmore79
Brad is such a douchebag anymore. He can't take the slightest bit of criticism no matter how lightly it's handed to him. I can barely stand the board most days, but I'd hate to leave the community.
I like Brad, I think he’s very knowledgeable about the game and has good connections. I don’t know about his football counterpart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT