ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way Youssef starts over TWill, right? Figured he'd be a year 2 developmental guy.
TWill strikes me as a Brandon Johns type who will have 3-4 big games a year and people expect more of but they never end up delivering. I’d be happy to be proven wrong though.
I would say it’s unlikely Youssef starts this year. He’s so much of an unknown though that anything from 5 mpg to an All Freshman team season wouldn’t shock me honestly.

With Zacharie Perrin’s commitment this afternoon, Illinois’ roster looks set. Keeping one scholarship open just in case there is an elite, mid-year transfer or someone from the ‘23 class wants to join at the end of the semester

Right now I’d guess our starting line-up would be

PG-Skyy
SG-Melendez
SF-Shannon
PF-Mayer
C-Hawkins

6th-Rodgers
7th-Dainja
8th-Epps
9th-Goode

Perrin and Sencire will likely be where the rotation ends, as they will get spot minutes but not much more unless injuries/foul trouble occur.

With Zacharie Perrin’s commitment this afternoon, Illinois’ roster looks set. Keeping one scholarship open just in case there is an elite, mid-year transfer or someone from the ‘23 class wants to join at the end of the semester

PG-Skyy
SG-Melendez
SF-Shannon
PF-Mayer
C-Hawkins

6th-Rodgers
7th-Dainja
8th-Epps
9th-Goode

Perrin and Sencire will likely be where the rotation ends, as they will get spot minutes but not much more unless injuries/foul trouble occur.
Perrin looks solid---6'10", 230---averaged 21/10 as a 17 year-old in what, 21-under division?

Perrin looks solid---6'10", 230---averaged 21/10 as a 17 year-old in what, 21-under division?
I haven’t looked into his stats, but I’m pretty sure he played in the 21-under division.

All I know is that he is considered at top-20 European prospect for ‘22 and we had to beat out UCLA and Texas to get him.

That being said I don’t think we will use him a ton this year, outside of games with foul trouble to Hawkins/Dainja.

He’s a lot better option than Lieb, who should be at Illinois St or DePaul. Lmao

PG-Skyy
SG-Melendez
SF-Shannon
PF-Mayer
C-Hawkins

6th-Rodgers
7th-Dainja
8th-Epps
9th-Goode

I think Dain starts and Hawk sits.

I think Dain starts and Hawk sits.
I hope that’s the case, because that will mean we have a player currently be mocked as a second round talent, coming off the bench…

But I’m going to be hesitant in regards to bigs until I see them in game action.

I hope that’s the case, because that will mean we have a player currently be mocked as a second round talent, coming off the bench…

But I’m going to be hesitant in regards to bigs until I see them in game action.
Ha. You should know how I feel about our 5 position by now. It “could” be disastrous.

Dafuq what? Being named to the list, I mean yeah sure technically you have "A" chance----but I don't think realistically he does; unless of course some of the "rumors" of him improving his jumper has any merit. But I do think he'll most certainly make the list of candidates. Every player sans Timme that made 1st, 2nd or 3rd team, are gone. Not to mention, TJD will probably be the preseason favorite to win BTPOY....He did average 18/9/2.3(blocks) last year. Its not a stretch to feel he'll be a candidate.

Or is it?
.That statement just made zero sense.

Would’ve really sucked watching him guard Dickinson, Omoruyi, TJD, and Edey. Especially given how winnable the conference is.
Perrin likely won’t be too effective against them either. But he should be better at it than Lieb. Plus, the experience will help Perrin for the year after. Lieb is what he is.

I hate to admit it but I get what Borden is saying. Unless everyone's nightmares come true and IU is a top 5 team TJD I don't see having a legitimate chance at NPOY. He'll be be on the lists though.

I hate to admit it but I get what Borden is saying. Unless everyone's nightmares come true and IU is a top 5 team TJD I don't see having a legitimate chance at NPOY. He'll be be on the lists though.
Wasn’t he on all those lists last year?

And while you’re at it remind me of how much team success that lead to. TIA.

Is it really THAT hard to understand?

1. I do not think TJD will win NPOY
2. I do think TJD will be on the list for NPOY

I mean what is so hard about that, to understand?

Wasn’t he on all those lists last year?

And while you’re at it remind me of how much team success that lead to. TIA.
Not sure if he was, or not...

What does team success have to with it? Just can't help yourself, can ya.... 😁

Huh?🥴

I haven’t looked into his stats, but I’m pretty sure he played in the 21-under division.

All I know is that he is considered at top-20 European prospect for ‘22 and we had to beat out UCLA and Texas to get him.

That being said I don’t think we will use him a ton this year, outside of games with foul trouble to Hawkins/Dainja.

He’s a lot better option than Lieb, who should be at Illinois St or DePaul. Lmao
Seen some video on him....Kid is legit, but don't see him being an immediate , impact guy----but I do tink he'll give solid minutes.

Not sure if he was, or not...

What does team success have to with it? Just can't help yourself, can ya.... 😁
He was on those lists last year, in fact he finished the season with the 15th highest betting odds for NPOY.

Villanova at Michigan State
IU @ Xavier
Iowa @ Seton Hall
Marq @ Purdue
Butler @ PSU
NW @ Georgetown
NB @ SJU
DePaul @ Minnesota

He was on those lists last year, in fact he finished the season with the 15th highest betting odds for NPOY.
Okie, doke....SO if on them last year----not sure what the fuss is about him being on then again???

Seen some video on him....Kid is legit, but don't see him being an immediate , impact guy----but I do tink he'll give solid minutes.
We are only expecting 5-10 minutes out of him.

Some games he’ll get more, especially if our bigs get in foul trouble.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
We are only expecting 5-10 minutes out of him.

Some games he’ll get more, especially if our bigs get in foul trouble.
He looked solid from what I saw....But then again, everyone does in highlight reels...Still, very agile, smooth shot, and seemingly handles the ball decently. Plus, well ya cannot teach 6'10".

Reactions: 1016CC0503
Heard Ben Johnson is going exclusively to zone and starting:

PG Ta'lon Cooper 6'4
W Jamison Battle 6'7
W Isaiah Ihnen 6'10
F Dawson Garcia 6'11
C Treyton Thompson 7'0

new-girl.gif

Greeat college players...just didn't have much of a chance to stick in the NBA. One is too short, one too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT