ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did....And I gave my reasoning. I think they have some nice pieces. Again, its all a guess. Then again, I didn't really realize at the time all that they had lost. But even then, the additions of Clark/Mayer really helps.

Just wondering why he's so high on a team that lost everyone, but not so much on a team that returns almost everyone, and was pretty competitive in the B10.
Sub.500 in conference play = pretty competitive, got it.

I think you guys are going to be pretty competitive next year as well.

Sub.500 in conference play = pretty competitive, got it.

I think you guys are going to be pretty competitive next year as well.
See, this is trolling....Or just a lack of basketball IQ. In your case, I'm going with both, but more towards IQ.

IU was 9-11.....But lost 6 of those 11 by 5 or fewer points---including an OT loss at OSU. I'd call that competitive. Just didn't finish games, i.e. Wisconin twice and at OSU.

But you are who you are, and TBH, it gets quite old.

See, this is trolling....Or just a lack of basketball IQ. In your case, I'm going with both, but more towards IQ.

IU was 9-11.....But lost 6 of those 11 by 5 or fewer points---including an OT loss at OSU. I'd call that competitive. Just didn't finish games, i.e. Wisconin twice and at OSU.

But you are who you are, and TBH, it gets quite old.
I heard Indiana was the only team last year who lost close games out of everyone in the college ranks.

Just Indiana, nobody else.

They had the most competitive losses of all-time, to go along with the fact they are the best ever 12 seed that lost by 29 points in the first round.

Anyone who doesn’t think that AMAZING resume shouldn’t be favorites MUST be trolling. Only thing that makes sense.

• Wow
Reactions: jimmygoiu
I heard Indiana was the only team last year who lost close games out of everyone in the college ranks.

Just Indiana, nobody else.

They had the most competitive losses of all-time, to go along with the fact they are the best ever 12 seed that lost by 29 points in the first round.

Anyone who doesn’t think that AMAZING resume shouldn’t be favorites MUST be trolling. Only thing that makes sense.
You are trolling.....Getting pretty boring, really.

Just about every major outlet, expert, etc, etc...has picked IU as a favorite---its not like I'm going out on some limb here, moron. BUt you just like to troll and argue. I've given Illinois their just due, and think they certainly could be one of the better teams in the B10; despite the major losses.

I know plenty of teams had close losses...I also IU had some wins, where they easily could have lost. But you like playing this "twist words, sarcasm, 3rd grade shit, instead of just having a conversation. But its who you are...

And I can say the same with you---Anyone who thinks Illinois isnn't the best team, is crazy---despite ya'll losing 90% of your production, and will rely heavily on frosh and two transfers...

We'll just agree to disagree. Good luck to the Illini.

And I can say the same with you---Anyone who thinks Illinois isnn't the best team, is crazy---despite ya'll losing 90% of your production, and will rely heavily on frosh and two transfers...

We'll just agree to disagree. Good luck to the Illini.
No, that’s actually where you are wrong. I made it very clear that I don’t care where you have Illinois rated.

But I get it, reading is very tough for you. Especially when it gets in the way of the time you have dedicated to writing a novel of a next post.

I, for one, can’t wait for the season to start. When you guys don’t make the Final four/Elite 8 or win the conference, you’ll have no one to blame but your own ridiculous expectations.

No, that’s actually where you are wrong. I made it very clear that I don’t care where you have Illinois rated.

But I get it, reading is very tough for you. Especially when it gets in the way of the time you have dedicated to writing a novel of a next post.

I, for one, can’t wait for the season to start. When you guys don’t make the Final four/Elite 8 or win the conference, you’ll have no one to blame but your own ridiculous expectations.
You simply do not read very well....

I never said I had expectations of IU in the E8/FF....Go back and have some read to you what I wrote, then explain it to you as well.

I do however have expectations of IU competing for, and possibly winning the B10--and for many reasons...

1. IU returns a lot from a decent team.
2. The league is gonna be down somewhat, and on paper, IU stacks up with anyone in the conference.
3. Return of TJD.

Read better.

Way to answer my question.....I just want to know why your expecations are so high for a team that lost like 90+% of their production.

Secondly, how many fans have ever had high expectations of a deep tourney run, when their team is a 12-seedd, you fukin' moron.

IU got better as the season progressed....Played extremely well in the BTT. But simply ran out of gas vs SMC. So that is what I am basing my expectations on for this year---A team that started to get it late, played well, made the NCAAT, returns 90% of that production, plus is bringing in a Top 10 class.

You ont he other hand have B10 title aspirations for a team that returns ONE guy, and will heavily rely on freshman, and two transfers.

Makes sense...
It’s been like thirty years since a team finished below .500 in conference and won the conference the following season. It’s improbable Indiana wins the conference-especially with Woodson coaching, imo.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Just gonna make this prediciton....

TJD returns----Indiana wins the B10. If he doesn't, I still think they are Top 4, or better.

IU with Davis, IMO, could be a legit
E8,FF ceiling type of team
Your words, not mine, dipshit.

Your words, not mine, dipshit.
You went back, found this, quoted it, and even then, still called me a dipshit? Obviously you didn't have someone read it to you...

I said, COULD HAVE A CEILING of an E8/FF....

Do you know what the **** "could have" means?

You went back, found this, quoted it, and even then, still called me a dipshit? Obviously you didn't have someone read it to you...

I said, COULD HAVE A CEILING of an E8/FF....

Do you know what the **** "could have" means?
Cool. So your version of ‘could’ means the door isn’t actually closed yet and nothing else. So basically your statement means nothing.

Nebraska COULD make the the National title game this year, based on that assumption.

Though I’d put them at the same odds as IU making the Final Four/Elite 8. A big Ol’ 0%.

It’s been like thirty years since a team finished below .500 in conference and won the conference the following season. It’s improbable Indiana wins the conference-especially with Woodson coaching, imo.
Thats a fair take.. BUt, something like 6 or 7 times the past 15 years, a team has finished .500 the year before, then won the conference the following season---Most recent I believe was IU in 2016. They were 9-9 in 2015, then won the conference in 2016 at 15-3.

Woodson is the wildcard here, b/c the talent is available. He'll have to get away from his NBA way of coaching, i.e. substitutions...

With that being said, with our schedule, what we return, the conference not looking to be that strong, I like Indiana to be among the top for the B10...

Cool. So your version of could means the door isn’t actually closed yet.

Nebraska COULD make the the National title game this year, based on that assumption.

Though I’d put them at the same odds as IU making the Final Four/Elite 8. A big Ol’ 0%.
Are you a politician by chance? Because you are great at spinning shit. WHich has absolute zero relevance, and makes absolute no fukin sense.

I never said I had expectations of Indiana being an E8/FF team....I said with TJD, Indiana could be a legit E8/FF contender.....That is much different than saying, "with TJD, I expect IU to be an E8/FF team...

But I get it....You are who you are.

Are you a politician by chance? Because you are great at spinning shit. WHich has absolute zero relevance, and makes absolute no fukin sense.
It’s sad that you can’t even stand by your own opinions.

Walking them back already and it’s not even July.

Cool. So your version of ‘could’ means the door isn’t actually closed yet and nothing else. So basically your statement means nothing.

Vegas seems to disagree.....Maybe you should send them your reasoning. Sure those guys would appreciate it, since they seemingly suck at their jobs.

FTR, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and MSU all have the same odds, per some sites. Other have IU higher....some lower. I know I got them at 75-1 for S100 to win the title...and at 33-1 to make the FF.

It’s sad that you can’t even stand by your own opinions.

Walking them back already and it’s not even July.
What is sad is your inability to read. But being from Illinois, thats not all that surprising.

Its actually pretty simple 101 reading comprehension...

1. I said with TJD, IU wins the B10. Seems a lot of others agree, as IU has been tabbed by many as preseason fav's.

2. I said with TJD, IU COULD BE a legit E8/FF contender. Thats not the same as saying, with TJD, I expect Indiana to make the E8/FF. Saying a teams ceiling COULD be.....is much different than their ceiling IS....

You know this---but you rather troll than just have some basketball conversation. WHich is cool. Do you , man.

What is sad is your inability to read. But being from Illinois, thats not all that surprising.

Its actually pretty simple 101 reading comprehension...

1. I said with TJD, IU wins the B10. Seems a lot of others agree, as IU has been tabbed by many as preseason fav's.

2. I said with TJD, IU COULD BE a legit E8/FF contender. Thats not the same as saying, with TJD, I expect Indiana to make the E8/FF. Saying a teams ceiling COULD be.....is much different than their ceiling IS....

You know this---but you rather troll than just have some basketball conversation. WHich is cool. Do you , man.
Northwestern ‘could’ technically win a National title next year.

Yet you don’t hear me bringing it up, wanna know why? Because it isn’t likely, thus not worth discussing.

So clearly, since you brought it up that means you think it’s at least a somewhat likely scenario that Indiana will be Elite 8 or Final Four material.

Am I wrong to assume that?

Northwestern ‘could’ technically win a National title next year.

Yet you don’t hear me bringing it up, wanna know why? Because it isn’t likely, thus not worth discussing.

So clearly, since you brought it up that means you think it’s at least a somewhat likely scenario that Indiana will be Elite 8 or Final Four material.

Am I wrong to assume that?
You're not bringing up NW or Nebraska, b/c both suck ass, and will be fuking awful next year. MOF, they both might be lucky to win a combined 4 games in the B10....Your comparison's are as fukin stupid as you are.

You're simply trolling, and using the most ridiculous comparisons on earth..

Yes, I think IF Indiana can improve on the perimeter, i.e. shooting the ball, and TJD/Race/XJ have similar seasons to last year, that sure Indiana COULD have a ceiling of an E8/FF. They have talent....one could argue, ON PAPER, as much talent as any team in the B10. Can they put it together? Can Woodson make it work? I dunno.

My expectations for IU-----Compete for, even win the B10. Talent/experience is there. Shooting is the big question mark. I expect this team to compete for a Top 4/5 NCAAT seed. Possibly a 2nd weekend team. NOW, IF guys make some jumps, i.e. Bates/Geronimo, and our 3 point shooting improves, I absolutely expect better things.

You're not bringing up NW or Nebraska, b/c both suck ass, and will be fuking awful next year. MOF, they both might be lucky to win a combined 4 games in the B10....Your comparison's are as fukin stupid as you are.

You're simply trolling, and using the most ridiculous comparisons on earth..

Yes, I think IF Indiana can improve on the perimeter, i.e. shooting the ball, and TJD/Race/XJ have similar seasons to last year, that sure Indiana COULD have a ceiling of an E8/FF. They have talent....one could argue, ON PAPER, as much talent as any team in the B10. Can they put it together? Can Woodson make it work? I dunno.

My expectations for IU-----Compete for, even win the B10. Talent/experience is there. Shooting is the big question mark. I expect this team to compete for a Top 4/5 NCAAT seed. Possibly a 2nd weekend team. NOW, IF guys make some jumps, i.e. Bates/Geronimo, and our 3 point shooting improves, I absolutely expect better things.
Northwestern is second in the conference (only behind Indiana) in percentage of scoring returning.

So now you are against returning talent? Jeez, make up your mind on what’s important.

Northwestern is second in the conference (only behind Indiana) in percentage of scoring returning.

So now you are against returning talent? Jeez, make up your mind on what’s important.
NW also went 14-16....missed the NCAAT, etc, etc.....But good try.

Good luck next year.....

NW also went 14-16....missed the NCAAT, etc, etc.....But good try.

Good luck next year.....
They should’ve loaded up on cupcakes in the non-conference like you guys.

In conference play, 9-11 for Indiana versus 7-13 Northwestern. That 2 game difference is absolutely huge tho, huh?

Btw- Northwestern went undefeated versus Indiana last year lol

Last team to do it was Indiana in 92 or something

They should’ve loaded up on cupcakes in the non-conference like you guys.

In conference play, 9-11 for Indiana versus 7-13 Northwestern. That 2 game difference is absolutely huge tho, huh?

Btw- Northwestern went undefeated versus Indiana last year lol
Remind me again who ended your season in the BTT?

Good luck next year...

Last team to do it was Indiana in 92 or something
1991. In 1990, IU went 8-10. 1991 tied with OSU @ 15-3.

Quite a few teams have went .500, then won the conference the following season. Not to mention, been many of teams improve by 3, 4 or even 5 games the following year.

Its not like IU was 6-14 or something last year. They were 9-11, and bounce here or there away from being a plus .500 team.

Tired of "arguing" over, TBH. I think, along with a lot of other people, think Indiana will be/could be very good next year. Shooting will be the key. IU shoots 35% or better from 3, and they'll be tough to beat.

Remind me again who ended your season in the BTT?

Good luck next year...
I’m glad you guys won, Illinois needed the rest after winning the conference.

It allowed you guys to get a reality check in the tourney.

Did we ever figure out what we should term a 29 point loss?

I’m glad you guys won, Illinois needed the rest after winning the conference.

It allowed you guys to get a reality check in the tourney.

Did we ever figure out what we should term a 29 point loss?
Seems you did----otherwise, 13th seeded Chattanooga probably beats you. Maybe you guys should just skip the BTT? Maybe then you could get some quality rest, and finally get past the first weekedn for the first time in 17 years....??

Man you are enamored with IU's loss to SMC, aren't you? It sucked. They were better. IU was absolutely on fumes, and even SMC head coach acknowledge as much. But hey, IU put themselves in that positon...Win more games, and ya ain't gotta worry about playing 5 games in 8 days.

Good luck this upcoming season. SHould be an exciting season. And who knows, maybe this is THE YEAR the 3rd best coach in the B10 gets Illinois to the SW 16 for the first time since 2005.

But hey, IU put themselves in that positon...Win more games, and ya ain't gotta worry about playing 5 games in 8 days.

Good luck this upcoming season. SHould be an exciting season. And who knows, maybe this is THE YEAR the 3rd best coach in the B10 gets Illinois to the SW 16 for the first time since 2005.
See now, there’s the truth.

Win more games. Do that, then we will talk. You’re getting the idea now.

Maybe this is this the year. You know, that the 9th best coach in the Big Ten can get out of the first round without being 29 pieced? Maybe it is, I mean we can all hope.

See now, there’s the truth.

Win more games. Do that, then we will talk. You’re getting the idea now.

Maybe this is this the year. You know, that the 9th best coach in the Big Ten can get out of the first round without being 29 pieced? Maybe it is, I mean we can all hope.
I reckon......

Get past the 1st weekend and we can talk about Illinois being something. 17 fukin years, bro. I mean you guys do know there is a second weekend, right?

I reckon......

Get past the 1st weekend and we can talk about Illinois being something. 17 fukin years, bro. I mean you guys do know there is a second weekend, right?
I reckon I’d be able to hear it from someone who has advanced out of the first round, in say the last 6 years.

Oh shucks. Guess you just didn’t make the cut off lil guy.

🤣I reckon I’d be able to hear it from someone who has advanced out of the first round, in say the last 6 years.

Oh shucks. Guess you just didn’t make the cut off lil guy.
As bad as IU has been, they have been to more SW 16's, have more B10 titles since 2013, then you guys have since 2005.

Let that sink in while you celebrate your two decent years... YOu miss 8 STRAIGHT NCAAT's...Have TWO NCAAT wins since 2013.... TWO....I think something like 3, maybe 4 since 2009. So in 14 years, Illinois has 4 NCAAT wins.....Congrats?

Yet now you have a little success and suddenly you guys are the Golden State Warriors... 🤣 🤣

But hey, you have the 3rd best coach in the B10----who's managed to win 2 NCAAT games in 5 years....Woodson has half that in 6 months on the job...🤣

As bad as IU has been, they have been to more SW 16's, have more B10 titles since 2013, then you guys have since 2005.

Let that sink in while you celebrate your two decent years... YOu miss 8 STRAIGHT NCAAT's...Have TWO NCAAT wins since 2013.... TWO....I think something like 3, maybe 4 since 2009. So in 14 years, Illinois has 4 NCAAT wins.....Congrats?

Yet now you have a little success and suddenly you guys are the Golden State Warriors... 🤣 🤣

But hey, you have the 3rd best coach in the B10----who's managed to win 2 NCAAT games in 5 years....Woodson has half that in 6 months on the job...🤣
It’s okay that you’re jealous of Illinois’ ability to get past the first round.

But you just gotta get over it. Now get back to celebrating your play-in win (and subsequent 29 point loss), that’ll cheer you up!

And while you’re at it, celebrate a couple Tom Crean tournament wins from 2013, he was so good at Indiana! So good that you fired him, and haven’t been out of the first round since. Spectacular decision.

So glad you’ve come full circle.

It’s okay that you’re jealous of Illinois’ ability to get past the first round.

But you just gotta get over it. Now get back to celebrating your play-in win (and subsequent 29 point loss), that’ll cheer you up!

And while you’re at it, celebrate a couple Tom Crean tournament wins from 2013, he was so good at Indiana! So good that you fired him, and haven’t been out of the first round since. Spectacular decision.

So glad you’ve come full circle.
You are entertaining----that is for sure.

Good luck this year.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
Won’t need it. Cream always rises to the top.

But good luck to you. Ya know, cuz you’ll need it😉
We'll be just fine....Some good early test---which I like: Arizona, UNC and @ Kansas, Like what we have returning, and coming in---JHS and Reneau are really good. Banks a sleeper, but more of a project. Gunn is a guy who can bring instant offense off the bench---very good shooter, with great range. Then there is XJ/Race/TJD.

Shooting is the key here. XJ did shoot 39% from three...Kopp 36%. Need Bates to step up.

Should be a fun B10 season.

Jaelin Llewellyn/Dug Mcdaniels
Kobe Bufkin
Jett Howard
Youssef/Terrance Williams
Dickinson/Taris Reed

Probably similar to last year
I think you guys are going to have better spacing that allows Dickinson to go to work. Honestly that lineup is reminiscent of Beilein teams a little bit IMO.

I think you’ll be better at least in the regular season.

Dafuq what? Being named to the list, I mean yeah sure technically you have "A" chance----but I don't think realistically he does; unless of course some of the "rumors" of him improving his jumper has any merit. But I do think he'll most certainly make the list of candidates. Every player sans Timme that made 1st, 2nd or 3rd team, are gone. Not to mention, TJD will probably be the preseason favorite to win BTPOY....He did average 18/9/2.3(blocks) last year. Its not a stretch to feel he'll be a candidate.

Or is it?

Dafuq what? Being named to the list, I mean yeah sure technically you have "A" chance----but I don't think realistically he does; unless of course some of the "rumors" of him improving his jumper has any merit. But I do think he'll most certainly make the list of candidates. Every player sans Timme that made 1st, 2nd or 3rd team, are gone. Not to mention, TJD will probably be the preseason favorite to win BTPOY....He did average 18/9/2.3(blocks) last year. Its not a stretch to feel he'll be a candidate.

Or is it?

TJD will be a distant second for BTPOY.

Sorry, Dickinson is just better.

Reactions: RichardMassive
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT