ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Undersized but good handles and vision. Can shoot. If he was a couple inches taller he wouldn't have committed today I don't think.

Hopefully he continues to grow. His scholarship list was great, but wasn't bad.

Fran finds those diamonds in the rough

Yawn… we get FSU for the 3rd time in 5 years in the challenge. Just lazy on the scheduling team.
You’re lucky man, Illinois got Syracuse.

You know the team that beat Indiana last year, who is now the B1G favorites.

We’ll be lucky to keep it within 20.

• Haha
Reactions: boiler1987
You’re lucky man, Illinois got Syracuse.

You know the team that beat Indiana last year, who is now the B1G favorites.

We’ll be lucky to keep it within 20.

Fair enough lol. Like I know Duke wasn’t an option because we could play them in the PK85 but shit give us Wake, VT, UVA, or any of the other mid-tier teams. Who likes playing the same team in back-to-back seasons? Just lazy scheduling. We also played them in another preseason tournament recently so it’ll be 4 times in 5 years we’ve played them.

Fair enough lol. Like I know Duke wasn’t an option because we could play them in the PK85 but shit give us Wake, VT, UVA, or any of the other mid-tier teams. Who likes playing the same team in back-to-back seasons? Just lazy scheduling. We also played them in another preseason tournament recently so it’ll be 4 times in 5 years we’ve played them.
A rematch versus Virginia would’ve been cool.

You’re right though 3 times in 5 years (in just ACC/B1G) is just lazy scheduling.

Illinois had a great last month or so, was Kofi eligible for another year if he wanted it? Could they just be better without him?

Illinois had a great last month or so, was Kofi eligible for another year if he wanted it? Could they just be better without him?
Had two more years of eligibility, willing likely be better due to Illinois specifically jumping all in on NIL (partly due to his needs/demands in that area)

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
Yes- he could’ve had 2 more years.

Who knows. The buzz this summer is the defense will be more diverse. I think they can be a better tournament team bc of that but probably won’t be as good in regular season

Reactions: Jaycg15
Yes- he could’ve had 2 more years.

Who knows. The buzz this summer is the defense will be more diverse. I think they can be a better tournament team bc of that but probably won’t be as good in regular season
This is my thought. No one in his right mind doesn’t take Kofi, but if you scouted us perfectly and executed those double teams and we were cold shooting … Achilles heel, game over. We had no ability to quickly adjust. That should be less of a problem this year, IMO.

Second straight season MD plays the Ville during the regular season.

Last edited:
Wow. It took you all day to come up with that?

You couldn’t even tie it in with B1G/ACC challenge theme?

What a jokester you are.
Acutally about 4-5 seconds.....NO reason to tie it in.....

What gets me with you, and I know 90% is trolling, but you speak highly of IU for the upcoming season, then for some reason like to go the opposite way....Weird. Tells me you are trolling, which is the reason I don't care to put to much stock into what you say.

I'll just call a turce on the back and forth. Illinois has been pretty decent the past 3 years, and thats good for the league' B10 needs more than just a team or two being the dudes. League is much better when historically good teams like Illinois and Indiana are good, competitive teams. I truly believe Woodson is going to get IU back into the top tier of the conference, and keep them there. He needs to rid some of his NBA stuff, and I think he will. Recruiting is very good. SO needless to say, I like the direction the program is headed in under Woody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT