ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.....And.....still no regular season title since 19 fukin 79.. And outside of one season the past 4-5 years, Iowa has finished a mere 2 games better than IU in the Big 10.... IU has won like 4 of their past 6 games at Iowa....12 of the past 17 or 18 overall.

I laugh at Iowa.....NPOY, lose in 2nd round. Top 5 NBA pick, B10 tourney champs, lose in the 1st round....

Triggered.

Ok.....And.....still no regular season title since 19 fukin 79.. And outside of one season the past 4-5 years, Iowa has finished a mere 2 games better than IU in the Big 10.... IU has won like 4 of their past 6 games at Iowa....12 of the past 17 or 18 overall.

I laugh at Iowa.....NPOY, lose in 2nd round. Top 5 NBA pick, B10 tourney champs, lose in the 1st round....
They like frantrum apparently.

Just going through homeboard thread for Murray commitment. Glad I was in the early stages of quitting drinking following 2015 B1G football championship game loss. I was having doubts about myself as a talent evaluator while I was learning how to sleep again without alcohol. Or I would be getting dunked on tonight on the homeboard for calling for a return to the Lickliter era of having a terrible couple seasons and then everyone halfway decent transferring.

• Haha
Reactions: hawkit3113
Congrats on winning a 3 game series....Now, be the best team for 3 months----instead of 3 days. 🤣 🤣
So if a 3 month season > a 3 day tournament, does that mean a 5 month season > a 3 week tournament?

:cool:

Over those years that they’ve had a NPOY(lost 2nd round) and a top 5 pick (lost first round), Indiana’s biggest achievement is a play-in win….

Win first before you talk shit.

Over those years that they’ve had a NPOY(lost 2nd round) and a top 5 pick (lost first round), Indiana’s biggest achievement is a play-in win….

Gotcha.....And over what years? IU has more B10 titles since 2013 than Iowa and Illinois have combined the past 15....

BUt hey, ya'lls been real good lately----congrats.

I’ll save you the trouble:

- John Groce bad
- Illinois upset in 2021 (never happens to other teams)
- Illinois loses 4/5 game with a player injured to an underseeded Houston team in 2022
- No Sweet Sixteen since 2005, so Illinois will never make one again

• Haha
Reactions: 1016CC0503
So if a 3 month season > a 3 day tournament, does that mean a 5 month season > a 3 week tournament?

:cool:
I mean, this isn't exactly rocket science---and a pretty lame example/comparison. Pretty sure we've all agreed, the NCAAT is a crap shoot, and the best team doesn't always win the natty...

But, sure....

What do you think holds more cred---Being the best team for 18/20 games----or being the best team for 3?

Gotcha.....And over what years? IU has more B10 titles since 2013 than Iowa and Illinois have combined the past 15....

BUt hey, ya'lls been real good lately----congrats.
Always the past with you.

Crean was the best thing that’s happened to IU over the last 20 years and you guys fired him for Archie lol

I mean, this isn't exactly rocket science---and a pretty lame example/comparison. Pretty sure we've all agreed, the NCAAT is a crap shoot, and the best team doesn't always win the natty...

But, sure....

What do you think holds more cred---Being the best team for 18/20 games----or being the best team for 3?
You know what I meant by the emoji, right?

But, sure....

I think winning a Big Ten regular season title was far more important and desirable for us this year than making the arbitrary cutoff of a Sweet Sixteen or ~The Second Weekend~ yet we are constantly made fun of for it, lol.

Now that we’re defending Big Ten champs, I’d prefer a Sweet Sixteen/beyond this year, but I agree with his point - we all know who the good/healthy programs have been/are, and nitpicking categories is just dumb.

Always the past with you.

Crean was the best thing that’s happened to IU over the last 20 years and you guys fired him for Archie lol
ALways the past with me---yet you're the one talking about the past 3/4 years, or what not. I mean you start the game----then complain about it.

WTF?

ALways the past with me---yet you're the one talking about the past 3/4 years, or what not. I mean you start the game----then complain about it.

WTF?
If you can’t see the difference between the last 3 years (as current as it gets as we aren’t in season) and 2013 accomplishments that you are 2 coaches removed from, I don’t know what to tell you.

Again win some games first, hell just go above .500 in conference first before thinking you are hot shit.

Reactions: hawkit3113
If you can’t see the difference between the last 3 years (as current as it gets as we aren’t in season) and 2013 accomplishments that you are 2 coaches removed from, I don’t know what to tell you.

Again win some games first, hell just go above .500 in conference first before thinking you are hot shit.

This

Reactions: 1016CC0503

Where have insinuated IU is "hot shit. I meam for Christ sakes----you AGREED with me that IU is one of the top 2 teams in the league, and now you arguing with me abut it----Are you fuking bipolar?

This what? THe past is the past.....So Illinois and Iowa have been "good"/better than IU the past 3 years---OK? Not sure what that has to do with this upcoming year; which is what I was talking about. Then you and your Illinois b/f chime in with the "past shit", then get mad b/c I bring up the past.

Are you two sniffing paint or something?

This what? THe past is the past.....So Illinois and Iowa have been "good"/better than IU the past 3 years---OK? Not sure what that has to do with this upcoming year; which is what I was talking about. Then you and your Illinois b/f chime in with the "past shit", then get mad b/c I bring up the past.

Are you two sniffing paint or something?

Go pick on a girl in the baseball thread, 1987, lololol

Where have insinuated IU is "hot shit. I meam for Christ sakes----you AGREED with me that IU is one of the top 2 teams in the league, and now you arguing with me abut it----Are you fuking bipolar?
With your talent Indians could be #2 in Conference.

But you’ve underperformed plenty recently despite having talent…

I wouldn’t be confident if I was an IU fan, honestly.

With your talent Indians could be #2 in Conference.

But you’ve underperformed plenty recently despite having talent…

I wouldn’t be confident if I was an IU fan, honestly.
Meh, I don't care to much about what has happened last year, etc, etc....Just no bearing on this year.

IU has had talent----but not depth. THis year, they have both. Only concern I have with this team is shooting. It cost IU a ton of games last year, and possibly a chance at a Top 4 or better finish; lost 6 of their 11 B10 games by 5 points or fewer.

NO reason not to be confident. Lot of pieces returning off a 21 win, NCAAT team. Time will tell.

Meh, I don't care to much about what has happened last year, etc, etc....Just no bearing on this year.

IU has had talent----but not depth. THis year, they have both. Only concern I have with this team is shooting. It cost IU a ton of games last year, and possibly a chance at a Top 4 or better finish; lost 6 of their 11 B10 games by 5 points or fewer.

NO reason not to be confident. Lot of pieces returning off a 21 win, NCAAT team. Time will tell.
Time will tell.

Teams that are 12 seeds in the tourney usually don’t take the jump you are expecting.

Reactions: Middawg
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT