ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hot take is that what we will all perceive as a "worse Big Ten" without the likes of Kofi, Ivey, Davis, Murray, etc. on the court will actually cause the Big Ten to "pleasantly surprise" in March for the first time in a few years. Our league's style of play the last few years gets torched by long/athletic teams like Arizona and Houston, IMO.

Still too soon (Houston would go on to cruise to the FF).

ExC_L48VIAQxbeY.jpg

Not trying to take away from your victory, dude. However, they had some key newcomers, and I personally thought they were overrated all year only to be proven very wrong when they made the Elite Eight and knocked off the team I thought might win it all - Arizona. This was more of an anecdotal observation rather than some official argument or anything.
I knew it was a good win at the time and would be come March. They were tough as shit. You weren’t the only one that thought they were overrated. It happens.

I've said 15-20 ranked, sweet 16, 25 wins and top 3 in the B1G. Until outside shooting is improved and consistent that's my expectations. Front court, defense, and experience is there to be pretty consistent just hard to ignore the lack of shooters. Feel the B1G will continue to drop in talent and high end teams.
Listen pal, I’m gonna need you to be less reasonable so I can trash your whole fan base on here

TIA

• Haha
Reactions: hawkit3113
Someday Wisconsin might know what it's like to have a legacy recruit. But given how dog shit their program was for 50 years or so, it will be awhile.

Wolf Dekker gonna rape that ass in 18 years. We know it’s not going to be Alando’s son in a few years. 😂
What about those Wisconsin guys who played on Bennett's and early Ryan's teams?
If they have sons, I'd think they are in HS right now.
Andy Kowske, Mike "Mitten" Kelley, Freddie Owens, Mike Wilkinson, just a few that I can think of.

What about those Wisconsin guys who played on Bennett's and early Ryan's teams?
If they have sons, I'd think they are in HS right now.
Andy Kowske, Mike "Mitten" Kelley, Freddie Owens, Mike Wilkinson, just a few that I can think of.
Not aware of any. Kelley has a daughter that’s good. Not sure if the boys are old enough yet. He has a pile of kids.

Reactions: buckymel
Well, no one cares about women's BB team at UW.
Pretty much. Volleyball school now. Penney has a daughter with a former badger VB player. I think a lot of those guys have younger kids still. They played for 10 years or so overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT