ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
New guy coming in hot.

dog-coming-in-hot.gif

Well it’s weird that his posts on Indiana got to you then.

I see you are taking that loss in the BTT title game well
Dude, IU-Purdue “hatred” is so small town … some of their fans end up defending each other online because they don’t know shlt about anything outside of Indiana and they must elevate ~the rivalry~ at all costs.

NOT saying this poster thinks like that, it just reminded me of this - my sister lived in Indianapolis as a Butler grad/Illini fan. They’ll hate on each other and immediately gang up together against out of state teams (teams they never know anything about).

Dude, IU-Purdue “hatred” is so small town … some of their fans end up defending each other online because they don’t know shlt about anything outside of Indiana and they must elevate ~the rivalry~ at all costs.

NOT saying this poster thinks like that, it just reminded me of this - my sister lived in Indianapolis as a Butler grad/Illini fan. They’ll hate on each other and immediately gang up together against out of state teams (teams they never know anything about).
Ah, the ol “I can beat my wife, but you can’t” defense.

Makes sense, but still a weird dynamic, imo.

• Haha
Reactions: hawkit3113

It is 2022 we have the internet

I’m just the messenger.

If you have different expectations lmk, don’t wanna lump all you guys together on that.
I've said 15-20 ranked, sweet 16, 25 wins and top 3 in the B1G. Until outside shooting is improved and consistent that's my expectations. Front court, defense, and experience is there to be pretty consistent just hard to ignore the lack of shooters. Feel the B1G will continue to drop in talent and high end teams.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
I don’t pay much attention to recruits that far out (he’s a ‘24). So much can change and I just don’t get wrapped up in them.
Same, I usually learn of a recruit through the recruiting thread on one of our busier forums (Illinois Loyalty), and I don't often venture as far as 2024. I have seen his name come up and know he's the kid of a former Illini women's basketball stud, though.

I've said 15-20 ranked, sweet 16, 25 wins and top 3 in the B1G. Until outside shooting is improved and consistent that's my expectations. Front court, defense, and experience is there to be pretty consistent just hard to ignore the lack of shooters. Feel the B1G will continue to drop in talent and high end teams.
My hot take is that what we will all perceive as a "worse Big Ten" without the likes of Kofi, Ivey, Davis, Murray, etc. on the court will actually cause the Big Ten to "pleasantly surprise" in March for the first time in a few years. Our league's style of play the last few years gets torched by long/athletic teams like Arizona and Houston, IMO.

My hot take is that what we will all perceive as a "worse Big Ten" without the likes of Kofi, Ivey, Davis, Murray, etc. on the court will actually cause the Big Ten to "pleasantly surprise" in March for the first time in a few years. Our league's style of play the last few years gets torched by long/athletic teams like Arizona and Houston, IMO.
We beat Houston. Speak for yourselves.

LOLZ. I'm assuming your post isn't sarcasm. They lost 2 games by February 6th. Returned a bunch of guys from a final four team. I think they were pretty gelled when we beat them. Plus they had Sasser when we played.
Not trying to take away from your victory, dude. However, they had some key newcomers, and I personally thought they were overrated all year only to be proven very wrong when they made the Elite Eight and knocked off the team I thought might win it all - Arizona. This was more of an anecdotal observation rather than some official argument or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT