ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not saying you will fall into the abyss or anything.

Just don’t think you’ll be a close 2nd this year😉
We're just going to **** around and find out. The top 5 returning scorers' list for the league wasn't exactly overwhelming.

We're just going to **** around and find out. The top 5 returning scorers' list for the league wasn't exactly overwhelming.
Yeah, basically Hunter Dickinson, TJD and then third best returning might be Omoruyi?

I really don’t even know who would be the guards on the preseason all-conference team…

Reactions: jwardelt
Yeah, basically Hunter Dickinson, TJD and then third best returning might be Omoruyi?

I really don’t even know who would be the guards on the preseason all-conference team…
I think Chucky will be on one of them. Maybe not 1st but he'll be up there.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
I think Chucky will be on one of them. Maybe not 1st but he'll be up there.
He’ll definitely be up there, along with maybe Hoggard/Walker, Xavier Johnson, McConnell, Boo Buie (lol), and Shannon if he counts as a guard instead of a forward.

There is just no Ivey or Dosunmu’s from years prior who stand out to start the season.

He’ll definitely be up there, along with maybe Hoggard/Walker, Xavier Johnson, McConnell, Boo Buie (lol), and Shannon if he counts as a guard instead of a forward.

There is just no Ivey or Dosunmu’s from years prior who stand out to start the season.
Definitely not.

Definitely not.
I think that’s the biggest reason our conference has struggled in the tourney, guard play just hasn’t been as good as other conferences.

Another guy I forgot to put on the list is Perkins from Iowa. Dude is really good, but somehow only averaged 18 minutes a game last year

I think that’s the biggest reason our conference has struggled in the tourney, guard play just hasn’t been as good as other conferences.

Another guy I forgot to put on the list is Perkins from Iowa. Dude is really good, but somehow only averaged 18 minutes a game last year
Yup big men can only get you so far.

Johnny missed the Nebraska game. ;)
Yep, no cheapening or building up certain conference title banners … championship is a championship, and this weird trend of picking apart literally finishing first in the standings with the schedule you were given is lame. It’s one thing for us to be mad about Michigan playing three fewer games in 2021, but complaining that another team got an easier set of conference games or some random upset is the only reason they’re champs is bogus … shlt happens every year, you roll with the punches!

Michigan was 14-3, and would’ve likely finished 16-4 or 17-3 the Covid year.

But reading this post 14-6 has only won the title one time so far? And that was a 3-way tie between Maryland, Mich St and Wisky…
In a 20 game schedule, yes----Which has only been in place for 4 seasons. Last years league champions did so with 15......14 or more is the magic number IMO....And with how balanced the league is this year---14 wins very well could win the conference.

In a 20 game schedule, yes----Which has only been in place for 4 seasons. Last years league champions did so with 15......14 or more is the magic number IMO....And with how balanced the league is this year---14 wins very well could win the conference.
I will take the 75% that it’s going to be 15 wins or more to win it.

I will take the 75% that it’s going to be 15 wins or more to win it.
Actually its 50%, dead heat, if you count Michigan... 😁

Sort of splitting hair here....14 wins will put you in contention...Wisky/Illinois won with 15 last year, and both easily could have had another loss, even two. Meaning that 14 easily could have been the magic number(again). League was very competitive last year, and should be even more so this year. Like I said, with how balanced the league will be, I could easily see 14 wins being good enough.

And as I said, i think IU;s schedule is set up for 14 wins---if not more.

Actually its 50%, dead heat, if you count Michigan... 😁

Sort of splitting hair here....14 wins will put you in contention...Wisky/Illinois won with 15 last year, and both easily could have had another loss, even two. Meaning that 14 easily could have been the magic number(again). League was very competitive last year, and should be even more so this year. Like I said, with how balanced the league will be, I could easily see 14 wins being good enough.

And as I said, i think IU;s schedule is set up for 14 wins---if not more.
That win between 14 and 15 was the difference between a title and being Purdue this year.

I still think it’ll be 15 or more for a title.

Sucks man. Dude had a hard life and got to the top if but for a brief period. Dad was a crack addict who was accused of murder and abused his wife. He and his mom and siblings were in and out of a homeless shelter much of his life (after running away from his abusive dad). He battled extreme weight issues. And still found the strength and perseverance to become a 1st team All American despite all that.

I heard when his NBA dream ended, he descended back into his personal demons. I'm thoroughly convinced that if it weren't for basketball, he'd have been another teenage casualty that none of us would have ever known.

Last edited:
Sucks man. Dude had a hard life and got to the top if but for a brief period. Dad was a crack addict who was accused of murder and abused his wife. He and his mom and siblings were in and out of a homeless shelter much of his life (after running away from his abusive dad). He battled extreme weight issues. And still found the strength and perseverance to become a 1st team All American despite all that.

I heard when his NBA dream ended, he descended back into his personal demons. I'm thoroughly convinced that if it weren't for basketball, he'd have been another teenage casualty that none of us would have ever known.

Was biggie popped for selling a bunch of weed or was that another Purdue player?

Was biggie popped for selling a bunch of weed or was that another Purdue player?
That was him.....I believe twice maybe. Dude lived a life, chilhood to be more exact, that I doubt amy of us on here could begin to fathom. Grew up in a culture of drug, drug abuse, selling and violence. Once basketball was out of his life, unfortunately the young man resorted back to what he was exposed to, for so many years...

Such a sad ending to what could have been such a beautiful story. I loathe Purdue, but man this is hearbreaking. I acutally called two games of his while he was in HS...Very, very well mannered, and surprisingly soft spoken young man.

Prayers to his family, especially so to his brother....That dude did everything he could for Caleb.

Reactions: MGC_07
Duke
Clemson, then TCU or Cal
Iowa St
Big East team
ACC Team
So you're entering conference play 6-6 at best.

bold-strategy-jason-bateman.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT