ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good get, and your starting 5 is suddenly really good..

Clark
Shannon, Jr
Mayer
Hawkins
Dainja

BTW, 2 of your projected starters are former Baylor dudes.....Whats the conection there?

Edit----I still think overall, IU could be better....tad deeper IMO.
Think we will go smaller.

Starters-
Clark
Melendez
Shannon
Mayer
Hawkins

Bench Rotation-
Rodgers
Epps
Dainja
Goode

Reactions: RichieRebel
Think we will go smaller.

Starters-
Clark
Melendez
Shannon
Mayer
Hawkins

Bench Rotation-
Rodgers
Epps
Dainja
Goode
Pretty solid....No clue how IU rolls....My guess...

XJ
Schifino/Bates
Race
Reneau
TJD

Bench

Geronimo, Gunn, Galloway, Kopp, Duncomb..

Pretty solid....No clue how IU rolls....My guess...

XJ
Schifino/Bates
Race
Reneau
TJD

Bench

Geronimo, Gunn, Galloway, Kopp, Duncomb..

I can’t imagine Reneau, Race, and TJD all starting.

Bates or Geronimo make more sense, and bring Reneau off the bench. You’ll need the shooting from deep

Reactions: B1G_Fan and Jaycg15
I can’t imagine Reneau, Race, and TJD all starting.

Bates or Geronimo make more sense, and bring Reneau off the bench. You’ll need the shooting from deep
Bates could start at the 2.....X shot 39% from three. And Reneau has a very good mid-range game, and a decent shot. Geronimo/Bates improve their shooting, and one, if not both probably start. Gunn, who some IU fans don't think he gets much PT, BUT-----kid can shoot it. And Race acutally shot the 3 ball rrather decently toward end of the year. So who knows..

IU has a lot of parts...Pretty deep.

Bates could start at the 2.....X shot 39% from three. And Reneau has a very good mid-range game, and a decent shot. Geronimo/Bates improve their shooting, and one, if not both probably start. Gunn, who some IU fans don't think he gets much PT, BUT-----kid can shoot it. And Race acutally shot the 3 ball rrather decently toward end of the year. So who knows..

IU has a lot of parts...Pretty deep.
If I was Woodson, I’d go

XJ
JHS
Geronimo
Race
TJD

Reneau
Bates
Kopp

Feel like you need at least 3 players who can shoot from deep. (if not 4, but your roster might not be able to play 4 that often)

Reactions: Jaycg15
If you sprinkle sugar on shit, does it stop being shit?

He had a few good games against the bottom half of the conference and struggled readily everywhere else.
I thought you considered yourself fair and just?

If I was Woodson, I’d go

XJ
JHS
Geronimo
Race
TJD

Reneau
Bates
Kopp

Feel like you need at least 3 players who can shoot from deep. (if not 4, but your roster might not be able to play 4 that often)
I don't think we will need the three as much...Still need to utilize it, of course. Its become a huge part of the game. JHS only shot 29% in HS from three, but is seen as a better shooter than that; his mid-range game is elite as **** though. Geronimo has good form, and every shot he takes, you think--thats going in---until it doesn't. If he can get up to around 35%, he'll be a handful. I still like Bates---a lot. Felt he was just put in a bad spot, playing with the rotations he did. Felt he needed more run with 1st team dudes. To me, he seemed pressured to score, and took some bad, bad shots....Scoop on him coming out of HS was a good shooter, with deeeeeep range. I think you insert him with X, Race and TJD, its takes lots of pressure off him, he isn't option one, and feel he could flourish.

IU is pretty deep TBH...Gunn is a ridiculous shooter, with crazy range----but can be streaky. WHo knows with Kopp? I just think dude lost all confidence. Maybe he gets that back.

To begin the year, I'd like to see...

X
Bates
JHS or Geronimo
Race
TJD

BUt I do think as time goes, its gonna be really difficult to keep JHS/Reneau off the floor. Both are really good.

Then there is Banks. Late bloomer....probably a project...But then again, kid is a crazy athlete, who can score.

Right now, its a certain of X/Race/TJD...after that----man who knows.

X. Johnson-5 of last 9 games of 121+ ORtg
WhiteBoy Mat-3 of last 9 games of 121+ Ortg

Interesting perspective on both by people

Long season. Michigan thought they’d run away with it last year at this time.
I don’t think we will run away with it, but I don’t also don’t anticipate us struggling like Michigan did early either.

I don't think we will need the three as much...Still need to utilize it, of course. Its become a huge part of the game. JHS only shot 29% in HS from three, but is seen as a better shooter than that; his mid-range game is elite as **** though. Geronimo has good form, and every shot he takes, you think--thats going in---until it doesn't. If he can get up to around 35%, he'll be a handful. I still like Bates---a lot. Felt he was just put in a bad spot, playing with the rotations he did. Felt he needed more run with 1st team dudes. To me, he seemed pressured to score, and took some bad, bad shots....Scoop on him coming out of HS was a good shooter, with deeeeeep range. I think you insert him with X, Race and TJD, its takes lots of pressure off him, he isn't option one, and feel he could flourish.

IU is pretty deep TBH...Gunn is a ridiculous shooter, with crazy range----but can be streaky. WHo knows with Kopp? I just think dude lost all confidence. Maybe he gets that back.

To begin the year, I'd like to see...

X
Bates
JHS or Geronimo
Race
TJD

BUt I do think as time goes, its gonna be really difficult to keep JHS/Reneau off the floor. Both are really good.

Then there is Banks. Late bloomer....probably a project...But then again, kid is a crazy athlete, who can score.

Right now, its a certain of X/Race/TJD...after that----man who knows.
Even if Geronimo or Bates aren’t shooting well from deep it still opens the floor up way more TJD and Race. Reneau will obviously be playing a lot, just expect it more in the post and not on the wing.

Woodson has bodies this year, so expectations gotta get met. Can’t be a last 4 in team again…

Not worried about it. Skyy is a stud. And Epps’ style should translate right away due to being a lights out shooter.

Plus Ramey is still considering us.
Too many new pieces not to struggle early. However to think not top 5 is comical.

Reactions: cmore79
Matt Mayer to ILL

Sorry boys, i can’t hear you down there
ea46fbd4795d4dde82fa8df0bcd070a08554cc17.gif

Is Waco really that bad? Never been … I know people shit on it, but I always figured a city that size with a university like Baylor couldn’t be as bad as people say. Also looks to be growing. Any first hand reports?

512460-DA-8-A9-E-4921-8-C2-E-174458-FA13-AA.jpg

This dipshit on a Michigan forum called Kofi a “semi-generational talent”. Can you even imagine?

I tend to think that Underwood "wrote a new recipe" because of Kofi and without him Underwood can play more like he wants to and is used to.
That’s my gut feel as well. His style of play was specialized to fit Kofi. He had no choice given Kofi’s dominance, but certain teams were able exploit that style of play. This makes us more versatile, but it removes the security blanket that came with a system and player that were able to dominate most teams. This team will also have a larger learning curve than past teams given the turnover and youth.

512460-DA-8-A9-E-4921-8-C2-E-174458-FA13-AA.jpg

This dipshit on a Michigan forum called Kofi a “semi-generational talent”. Can you even imagine?
Kofi is probably the closest thing to Shaq that college has seen since Shaq. Obviously there is a large ass gap between the two.

Reactions: cmore79
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT