44 Jeremy Fears (MSU) - down 17
52 Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn (Purdue) - down 20
80 Jakai Newton (IU) - up 39
94 Gus Yalden (Wisky) - down 1
97 Myles Colvin (Purdue) - down 20
104 George Washington III (OSU) - down 25
107 Gabe Cupps (IU) - down 17
136 Owen Freeman (Iowa) - up 2

One other Note - Xavier Booker, with offers from Purdue, MSU, IU, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan and OSU jumped from 91 to #4. Guess that means he'll end up at Duke.

247 updated their 2023 ranks:

B1G commits:

One other Note - Xavier Booker, with offers from Purdue, MSU, IU, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan and OSU jumped from 91 to #4. Guess that means he'll end up at Duke.
Duke already has 5 kids committed in that class, most of which are 5-stars.

Kentucky and Kansas are more likely of the bluebloods imo, unless he’s truly in love with Duke.

Duke already has 5 kids committed in that class, most of which are 5-stars.

Kentucky and Kansas are more likely of the bluebloods imo, unless he’s truly in love with Duke.
That was hyperbole about bluebloods rather than Duke specifically.

That was hyperbole about bluebloods rather than Duke specifically.
Ah gotchu.

Still I think a couple teams in Conference will have solid pitches for him to stay local.

I expect Illinois to be at all of his games this summer to gauge his interest.

247 updated their 2023 ranks:

B1G commits:

Colvin down 20 is legit LOL. I can see it with DGL but Colvin is a top 50 guy easy.

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
He finished his season with a sub 100 ORtg in 9/14 games.

Your reply.
He was ass the first half of the season....No doubt. Seems to me you are just looking at that.....

Dementia kicking in.
What part of----"toward the end of the year...." is so ****ng hard to understand...?

Is that slow enough for you?

If not, he finished 3 of the final 4 with ORtg below 88. Is that towards the end of the season enough? He finished 3/7 with ORtgs above 100. He was consistently bad for the offense.

Your reply.

Dementia kicking in.

If not, he finished 3 of the final 4 with ORtg below 88. Is that towards the end of the season enough? He finished 3/7 with ORtgs above 100. He was consistently bad for the offense.
5 of his last 9 games he had a ortg of 121+. He had 2 of 121+ the 18 games before that. So excuse us for saying he was playing much better at the end of the year.

5 of his last 9 games he had a ortg of 121+. He had 2 of 121+ the 18 games before that. So excuse us for saying he was playing much better at the end of the year.
4 of those 5 struggled with perimeter defense mightily all season. You can be optimistic, but the reality is that he struggled far more than he succeeded. He did have a couple of good games, so good for him on that I guess. It’s exactly who he always has been.

• Haha
4 of those 5 struggled with perimeter defense mightily all season. You can be optimistic, but the reality is that he struggled far more than he succeeded. He did have a couple of good games, so good for him on that I guess. It’s exactly who he always has been.
Such a roundabout way of saying yes he was playing better at the end of the year.

Such a roundabout way of saying yes he was playing better at the end of the year.
If you sprinkle sugar on shit, does it stop being shit?

He had a few good games against the bottom half of the conference and struggled readily everywhere else.

• Haha
Wedding Crashers and the last Star Wars prequel came out more recently than your schools most recent sweet sixteen.
Your sweet 16-less run is currently starting with Izzo at the helm.

Imagine how bad it’s gonna get when he isn’t there.

Wedding Crashers and the last Star Wars prequel came out more recently than your schools most recent sweet sixteen.
True, but I’m more concerned about Underwood … Weber/Groce failures are quite irrelevant for practical purposes. As far as I’m concerned, Underwood has “not reached the Sweet Sixteen” exactly ONE time when I thought he should have at Illinois - 2020-21 as a #1 seed. I’ll wait until this occurs at least 2 and possibly 3 times (as I would with any coach) before it becomes too troubling, lol.

Sounds like Tyrese Hunter will transfer to Texas. And we continue our search for a PG. At this point, we might take Nojel Eastern's Mom.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
giphy.gif

Your reply.

Dementia kicking in.

Sure there, buddy.......

3 of his last 4 games, he had:

13 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 turnovers vs Illinois---5-15 shooting, 3-4 FT's, 0-1 3p
20 points, 5 rebounds, 9 assists, 5 turnovers vs Iowa---5-11 shooting, 8-8 FT, 2-6 from 3
10 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 turnovers vs Wyoming---3-12 shooting, 3-5 FT, 1-2 from three
11 points , 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 turnovers vs SMC---3-8 dhooting, 5-6 FT, 0-0 from 3..

54 points, 19 rebounds, 27 assists, 14 turnovers, 16-46 FG, 19-23 FT , 3-9 from three...

Shooting from the floor he struggled....But I'll take that stretch as his worst, and be just fine with that. Especially when you considered dude was playing those 4 games in a 7 day stretch, averaging 32mpg.....

Its not just me that felt XJ was playing at a high level at the end....Damn near every expert said the same....But I get it.

True, but I’m more concerned about Underwood … Weber/Groce failures are quite irrelevant for practical purposes. As far as I’m concerned, Underwood has “not reached the Sweet Sixteen” exactly ONE time when I thought he should have at Illinois - 2020-21 as a #1 seed. I’ll wait until this occurs at least 2 and possibly 3 times (as I would with any coach) before it becomes too troubling, lol.
You don’t count last year? You guys won the conference yet you’re exempt from this being counted against Underwood? That’s kinda strange to me.

Reactions: jwardelt
If you sprinkle sugar on shit, does it stop being shit?

He had a few good games against the bottom half of the conference and struggled readily everywhere else.
He averaged 18ppg , 5rpg and 7apg vs Purdue
Averaged 14ppg, 5/5 vs Illinois
Averaged 15/6/7 vs Michigan
15/4/4 vs OSU
Had 20/5/9 vs Iowa in BTT
Had 18 points, 12 assists, 5 rebounds, 1 turnover, @ Purdue...

Had his struggles vs Wisconsin....Only played Rutgers once: 13 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assist, 3 steals, but did have 4 turnovers. 5-11 from the floor.

He averaged (roughly) 15/6/6, give or take, vs PU, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, OSU and Rutgers(one game). That's 11 games of 20-----MOF, some of his WORST games came against Penn State, MD and Nebraska.

Then of course, he did have 24, 24 and 19 vs MD, NB and PSU...

But if averaging 15/6/6 vs PU, Ill, Iowa, OSU, UM and Rutgers is strugglign readily vs everyone else----SHit, I'll take those struggles again next year please...

You don’t count last year? You guys won the conference yet you’re exempt from this being counted against Underwood? That’s kinda strange to me.
I don’t think losing to that Houston team in a 4 vs. 5 game is indicative of some massive coaching failure, no … do you consider a 4/5 game as an upset-possible-matchup? Lol. Besides, it became quite clear we didn’t exactly win a juggernaut conference, right @hawkit3113?? :)

• Haha
Reactions: hawkit3113
Sorry Indiana. Backseat.
Very good get, and your starting 5 is suddenly really good..

Clark
Shannon, Jr
Mayer
Hawkins
Dainja

BTW, 2 of your projected starters are former Baylor dudes.....Whats the conection there?

Edit----I still think overall, IU could be better....tad deeper IMO.

Very good get, and your starting 5 is suddenly really good..

Clark
Shannon, Jr
Mayer
Hawkins
Dainja

BTW, 2 of your projected starters are former Baylor dudes.....Whats the conection there?

Edit----I still think overall, IU could be better....tad deeper IMO.
Maybe when they kicked our ass in December 2020, we made getting their guys a priority! 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT