ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all literally had one year in 21 that was an obvious gap from program to program. Illinois hasn't done shit but back into a tie for a title during a double digit loss season. I've never seen a fanbase crow over such mediocrity.
I can’t hear you down there.

9th place finish and 30 pieced in your tournament game.

LOL

Have you gotten any transfers in?

I didn’t realize your starting 5 was ass.
That’s why I said half.

Frazier, Plummer, Grandison, and Kofi plus Curbelo’s .5 =4.5

We got Shannon, and will probably get at least 1 other decent transfer.

Reactions: jwardelt
Seems like our conference is scrapping divisions in football. I think 3 protected games seems like the most likely system and is what’s being talked about.

I’d assume MSU’s 3 protected would be Michigan, Penn State, and Indiana. Our 3 trophy games.

Seems like our conference is scrapping divisions in football. I think 3 protected games seems like the most likely system and is what’s being talked about.

I’d assume MSU’s 3 protected would be Michigan, Penn State, and Indiana. Our 3 trophy games.
How did MSU and IU get a trophy game?

How did MSU and IU get a trophy game?

133477078.0.jpg

It’s just a spittoon. Not sure.

I leave the country for a little over a week and see Maryland is in the Final Four in Mens and Womens Lacrosse and we won the conference in baseball. Just mushroom stamping you fvcks.

• Haha
Reactions: WheelerG
I leave the country for a little over a week and see Maryland is in the Final Four in Mens and Womens Lacrosse and we won the conference in baseball. Just mushroom stamping you fvcks.
Go anywhere fun?

Are those considered sports? ;)

Reactions: bMORE607

My daughter goes to University of Michigan so if anyone was going to cost me a shot at a B1G title in baseball may as well have been the Wolverines. Would love to get one more shot at you in lacrosse. Go RU!

Hope you had a nice trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: bMORE607
Every damn year IU fans say things like this about incoming players. And these are the 3P% ranks for the last 5 years starting with Woody's first year:

2022 - 33.3% (200th)
2021 - 32.4% (236th)
2020 - 32.6% (204th)
2019 - 31.2% (311th)
2018 - 32.2% (307th)

And here are the freshman 3P% those 5 years (guys with more than 10 attempts):

2018 - Al Durham (3 * recruit) 28.6%,
2019 - Romeo Langford (5 *) 27.2%, Rob Phinisee (4 *) 31.0%, Damezi Anderson (4 *) 23.3%
2020 - Armaan Franklin (4 *) 26.6%, Jerome Hunter (4 *) 30.2%
2021 - Khristian Lander (5 *) 27.3%, Trey Galloway (3 *) 18.2%, Anthony Leal (4 *) 30.0%
2022 - Jordan Geronimo (4 *) 31.0%, Tamar Bates (4 *) 29.8%

Only Geronimo (on low volume) was better than 31% out of that entire group. And that group contains two 5 star, 7 4 star and two 3 star recruits according to Rivals.
Great breakdown.....BUt you leave so much out...

I never recall anyone, not me, glamouring over Durham...Phin, Lander, especially not Galloway, or Geronimo---- as shooters.

Langford was hurt.....Hunter missed an entire season due to blood clot issues....Leal just didn't get enough PT.....Bates IMO was put in a bad spot, playing to much with 2nd teamers, putting to much pressure on the kid to score.

Only one kid of the group surprised me with his shooting(as a frosh)---Langford. And well, kinda of tough to be consistent when you;re hurt----I know, I know......

College game is different....Good shooters can be exposed. SLow release, low release, etc,e tc...YOu can get away with that in HS----not in the B10.

Not sure what a players ranking has to do with his ability to shoot, though?

Maybe Gunn is another who shot very good in HS----and then , well, doesn't in college---IDK? What I do know, is I've seen the kid play a lot-----ANd he has ridiculous range. SO who knows. Maybe he gets to Bloomington, and forgets how to shoot....

One think I know----I like this team---at leaast so on paper. We shall see .

Great breakdown.....BUt you leave so much out...

I never recall anyone, not me, glamouring over Durham...Phin, Lander, especially not Galloway, or Geronimo---- as shooters.

Langford was hurt.....Hunter missed an entire season due to blood clot issues....Leal just didn't get enough PT.....Bates IMO was put in a bad spot, playing to much with 2nd teamers, putting to much pressure on the kid to score.

Only one kid of the group surprised me with his shooting(as a frosh)---Langford. And well, kinda of tough to be consistent when you;re hurt----I know, I know......

College game is different....Good shooters can be exposed. SLow release, low release, etc,e tc...YOu can get away with that in HS----not in the B10.

Not sure what a players ranking has to do with his ability to shoot, though?

Maybe Gunn is another who shot very good in HS----and then , well, doesn't in college---IDK? What I do know, is I've seen the kid play a lot-----ANd he has ridiculous range. SO who knows. Maybe he gets to Bloomington, and forgets how to shoot....

One think I know----I like this team---at leaast so on paper. We shall see .
Pretty sure you made a comment about Galloway having potential as a shooter or something even though he had never proven it.

He finished his season with a sub 100 ORtg in 9/14 games. You take those counting stats all day. I’ll take the stats that tell the full story: he’s inefficient and bad for offense .
The win loss matters for context. He was your lead guard and he wasn’t good enough to help out a pretty good front court. He scored because he put up a bunch of shots, not because he was dominant. He was 42% from 2.
9 shots per game is a bunch?

He was ass the first half of the season....No doubt. Seems to me you are just looking at that.....IDK. I said toward THE END of the year, he was very good..

And he was. If you cannot see that, well it just shows your disdain for Indiana.

In six of IU's final 10 games, he shot over 44% or better in 6 of those..

Again, I said, toward the END of the season....

But hey, you do you brother...

Pretty sure you made a comment about Galloway having potential as a shooter or something even though he had never proven it.
If I did, I was high.....Because he was an awful shooter before breaking his wrist. He's never been a good shooter. Maybe you are confusing that with Leal?

Maybe? Who knows.
I cant recall what I typed yesterday....much less 9 months ago,

I know it seems that kids who shot very well in HS, seem to forget so once they arrive in Bloomngton. Who knows....Maybe their mechanics are getting ****ed with--I dunno. I know the scouting report on Bates was good shooter, with "in the gym range."----Again, I felt he was put in a bad spot, playing wit the group he did----and he forced. I saw Leal play a ton. Very good shooter at South. Again, IMO, not enough reps....With Gunn, I dunno. Could be a situation where IU is too deep for him. But I do know what I saw, and the scouting on him, is....really good shooter, with ridiculous range. Although at times, he seemed very streaky. Saw him in first game of sectionals where he just could not miss. Some other games, he couldn't hit the ocean. But overall, the kid certainly has the ability to light you up.

TBH, I don't think IU's percentage was more of a problem, than their voulme of 3's taken. IMO, should have shot it more.

IU shot 34% on the year from three----596 attempts
PU shot 39%-----on 760 attempts.

Not to mention, guys taking 3's who had no business doing so, i.e.---Galloway, Race(though shot it decent toward the end), and Phin(73 attempts). And of course, Stewart fallling off a damn cliff at the end....Even then, IU had 3 players shoot better than 36% from three, on at least 95 attempts: Kopp, XJ and Stewart.

Anyways......Excited for the season. Best team talent wise/paper wise, IU has had since 2016.

9 shots per game is a bunch?

He was ass the first half of the season....No doubt. Seems to me you are just looking at that.....IDK. I said toward THE END of the year, he was very good..

And he was. If you cannot see that, well it just shows your disdain for Indiana.

In six of IU's final 10 games, he shot over 44% or better in 6 of those..

Again, I said, toward the END of the season....

But hey, you do you brother...
What part of my stats which I mentioned were the last 14 games of the season were the first half of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT