ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this Weber guy been anywhere else?
Maybe.

But he coached Matt Painter and has no relationship to Brad Underwood that I'm aware of other than being on opposing benches when Underwood's staff was cheating at Oklahoma State.

Fans that chanted that are dumb. Everyone with a functional brain knew Michigan was making the tourney.

Hunter is also dumb for bringing it back up. Just go play ball, and let your play do the talking.
I wonder if Dickinson will carry a grudge when he's playing in Latvia in a couple of years.

• Haha
Reactions: jwardelt
You mean your boy Edey ? Hunter will be in the NBA while Edey will be in Latvia , Kofi probably still at Illinois losing in the second round and Brad Davison selling life insurance

@jwardelt
@1016CC0503

DEAL WITH IT
What exactly am I dealing with? Brad Davison not playing in the NBA?

my-cousin-vinny.gif

Because he was a dick?
Something like that. Tbh I miss him from a recruiting perspective. Was absolutely the main recruiter in a lot of our “big hits” which goes against what you’d think about the guy.

We have a kid just for him. Plus they are changing the rules next year. Three travels and they will warrant a offensive foul. Kofi be on the bench.
Kofi has 5 wins straight versus Iowa, so you better hope they change some rules…

• Angry
Reactions: CO_hawk
Just a shocking development.......

BTW, Lander was so close to getting this right.

One of the reasons Lander wants to reclassify is because he doesn’t think Trayce Jackson-Davis will stay at Indiana for three years, and he wants the opportunity to play alongside the Hoosiers’ star forward. He envisions a pick-and-roll between himself and Jackson-Davis and describes it as “crazy.”
“I feel like if I get ahold of Trayce, we can dominate the Big Ten,” Lander said.

I’ll admit my bias on fife, I know the man, I know his dad. His dad is one of the best HS coaches I’ve ever met.

Woodson is a dick, Woodson won’t last long. Fife went there for a major raise and administration backing to be the next HC one day if it worked out. He is an outspoken person, he’s used to being either a HC or the lead go to assistant. And him and Woodson butted heads essentially all year long.

Will it work out well for Indiana? Probably not. Woodson isn’t that good, and fife would be a damn good coach there imo, and loves indiana.

Last edited:
Reactions: ConqueringHero
Fife wasn't hired by Woodson----Dolson hired him. The relationship between Woodson/Fife just never meshed/materialized.....So Woodson decided not to retain him.

There are numerous other rumors----But at the end of the day, Woodson decided Fife wasn't a good fit.
Go on. We want to hear all the juicy rumors.

Go on. We want to hear all the juicy rumors.
SOme have said possibly Fife was leaking info to IU writers, etc, etc......and that played a role in his firing....Or that he wasn't happy that Woodson was leaning on NBA guys for advice....

Truth of the matter is, IMO, I just don't tink Woodson really liked Fife, and it seemed as if the two didn't get a long...

Again---Dolson hired him. WHich, for me, is crazy shit. What AD hires assistant coaches?

I’ll admit my bias on fife, I know the man, I know his dad. His dad is one of the best HS coaches I’ve ever met.

Woodson is a dick, Woodson won’t last long. Fife went there for a major raise and administration backing to be the next HC one day if it worked out. He is an outspoken person, he’s used to being either a HC or the lead go to assistant. And him and Woodson butted heads essentially all year long.

Will to work out well for Indiana? Probably not. Woodson isn’t that good, and fife would be a damn good coach there imo, and loves indiana.
I wouldn't say Woodson isn't that good....Thats being a tad bit overboard. I think he leaned to much on NBA style, i.e. hockey line switches, and sitting starters, together for long stretches. Other than that, well playing Kopp/Stewart so ****ing much, I felt Woodson done just fine.

Not sure with the details in Fife's hiring---but always found it odd that he was hired by the AD.

I do not know Dane personally, but if you can stay on Izzo's staff for that long, at that position, well you're certainly ding something right...But at the end of the day, if you don't get along with the HC, or vice-versa, I mean well, someones gotta go....And well...........

Note: If true he was leaking info to Indiana writers, jorunalist, etc, etc....I mean thats not a good look. And certainly a reason to be shown the door.

It's not who we are. And has nothing to do with my opinion of Dickinson.

I’m not sure what these evens means. You’re taking a shot at Dickinson for not being in the mold of the current NBA while Purdue has zero players in the NBA this season. It’s odd, at best.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
We
I’m not sure what these evens means. You’re taking a shot at Dickinson for not being in the mold of the current NBA while Purdue has zero players in the NBA this season. It’s odd, at best.
Because you tried to make it about Purdue and Michigan. It was exclusively about me thinking Dickinson is a douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT