ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming we get none of our 3 seniors back, getting a transfer big is the top priority this offseason. Julius Marble flat out can’t do the things required out of a center to be starter. We’re in trouble if we roll into next year Marble and Sissoko as our 5’s.

Marble can go **** himself. 😂 Bastard couldn’t miss against us.

Marble can go **** himself. 😂 Bastard couldn’t miss against us.
He does have decent touch around the rim but the guy just can’t defend. Poor size and instincts don’t work well. He gets bitched by bigger centers and can’t keep up with quicker smaller players. He’s the worst defender on the team IMO.

Reactions: jwardelt
He does have decent touch around the rim but the guy just can’t defend. Poor size and instincts don’t work well. He gets bitched by bigger centers and can’t keep up with quicker smaller players. He’s the worst defender on the team IMO.
In 3 games he missed 1 shot against us. 😂

Reactions: MGC_07
Let’s get this ball rolling
Yo, brother----I started one waaaaay back. But thats cool. When I started that one, I didn't think we had a chance in hell of making the NCAAT...

Then we did. So I will allow this.

Carry, on...

Reactions: MGC_07
Thanks Nostradamus. Can you give me a heads up next Illinois decides to choke like a bitch again before the sweet 16 so it can save me money.
Next year prolly :/

Shit if you were reading my post you would’ve known not to bet on us.

Is a 4 seed losing to a 5 seed really a choke though?

Can someone please explain why the threads for the most overrated conference the last 20 years keep getting pinned?

@Kevin Bryan is this your fault?

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Championships aren't everything, pal. CBB is 99.7% flaming the shit out of your counterparts and then fvcking up and losing. That's just statistics.

Of course it’s not everything but they trump everything else. If a B1G school wins a natty, fans from that program will use it to trump any argument that fans from other B1G schools come up with.

I’ll use this example: whose five year run would you rather have - UVA’s or Michigan’s? I’d imagine most people would take UVA’s

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jaycg15
Of course it’s not everything but they trump everything else. If a B1G school wins a natty, fans from that program will use it to trump any argument that fans from other B1G schools come up with.

I’ll use this example: whose five year run would you rather have - UVA’s or Michigan’s? I’d imagine most people would take UVA’s
survivor-shocked.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Jaycg15 and jhmossy
You’re happy with a round of 32 exit?
Not exactly. But given our path I wasn’t surprised.

Hardly makes the rest of the season a failure, especially given the injuries our team dealt with all year.

A big ten title is a nice consolation prize all things considered.

Reactions: Jaycg15

Honestly I’d take Michigan’s last 10 seasons over UConn. It’s my favorite sport to follow so I’d rather be competitive year in and year out and just miss on two titles than win a title but be complete dogshit half of the other seasons.

Honestly I’d take Michigan’s last 10 seasons over UConn. It’s my favorite sport to follow so I’d rather be competitive year in and year out and just miss on two titles than win a title but be complete dogshit half of the other seasons.
Consistency is fun but I disagree man. I would suck for the next 10 years if it meant we won the title next season.

Consistency is fun but I disagree man. I would suck for the next 10 years if it meant we won the title next season.
As an Illinois fan, I would love to be able to say our program has won a title. But sucking for 10 years after would really suck.

Put me in the torn category, but leaning towards the title.

Reactions: berryqeran228
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT