ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Don't kid yourself...spent enough time southern Iowa to know there are plenty in that area. It boarders mizzu for christ sake.

Name the town's. I travel the entire state, and outside of Centerville, no one talks like they are Southern. Not even there.

Indiana is alot like Missouri.

No clue. Depends on who we beat.

Just find it funny you called us trash when the computers would seem to argue the opposite.
I called you trash because you lost at Nebraska....

The computers always love Purdue. It’s one of the bigger mysteries in the universe.

Reactions: SNU0821
Name the town's. I travel the entire state, and outside of Centerville, no one talks like they are Southern. Not even there.

Indiana is alot like Missouri.

Sure no prob
Centerville
Ottumwa
Knoxville
Bloomfield
Houghton
Osceola
Creston

Need more? And yes i agree southern indiana is very hillbillieish. dont be so damn sensitive Winking

Sure no prob
Centerville
Ottumwa
Knoxville
Bloomfield
Houghton
Osceola
Creston

Need more? And yes i agree southern indiana is very hillbillieish. dont be so damn sensitive Winking
As a person who lives very close to Knoxville, (Newton). That there's a major metropolis. I wish I could get one of them fancy technicolor picture boxes they got there in Knoxville. It's kind of hard to watch my hawg wrastling on my ole black and white picture box/dining room table. But if yer ever in town I'll have me wife get out he sippin liquor and we can go throw beer cans at my neighbor's kids. Will be helluva time.

As a person who lives very close to Knoxville, (Newton). That's a major metropolis. I wish I could get one of them fancy technicolor picture boxes they got there in Knoxville. It's kind of hard to watch my hawg wrastling on my ole black and white picture box/dining room table. But if your ever in town I'll have me wife get out he sippin liquor and we can go throw beer cans at my neighbor's kids. Will be helluva time.

Throw in some mud somewhere and I'm all game bub.

Throw in some mud somewhere and I'm all game bub.
292dac13-3c1a-4eef-8d3d-df82e45277b4_text.gif

Why is the land of pigs hosting a Dairy Fair?
Iowa was in the heart of Dairy Farming country also Iowa is not strictly about Hogs, there are Beef cattle, Dairy milking farms, sheep and hogs,

also one of the biggest nationally meat packing company's operate out of Iowa, Rath Meat Packing which not only killed and processed, these
Cattle
pigs
sheep
and even chickens
they also packaged and labelled it to ship all over the world, now the company is Tysons before that was IBP who Tyson bought out.
Iowa is not just about pigs as you put it.

I think I would have lead with the sprint car nationals in Knoxville before that.
The Natitional Dairy Congress has been around for over 100 years.

but there is also a NASCAR Track by Newton Iowa. its a short track that is used on the level below the top level although they are looking at putting it on the National level for 1 of the stops.

In Indiana they host things like the Final 4, Olympic Trials, and the Super Bowl. I don't know if they're as big of a deal as the National Dairy Congress Fair though.
Iowa does hold the National Drake relays which host HS, College and Professional track stars, that also is used in qualifying for the Olympics. there are no building big enough to hold the events you speak of as their are no pro sports.

there has been a little talk about getting a Pro team in Iowa, what type is a Unkown, the closest to a big time Pro team is the Cubs Triple A farm club in Des Moines.

but there is also a NASCAR Track by Newton Iowa. its a short track that is used on the level below the top level although they are looking at putting it on the National level for 1 of the stops.
You're bragging about a dairy festival and a not quite NASCAR track? The Midwest is a sad place

In Indiana they host things like the Final 4, Olympic Trials, and the Super Bowl. I don't know if they're as big of a deal as the National Dairy Congress Fair though.

Literally zero comparison between the two states when it comes to events.

Iowa is pretty bottom of the barrel when it comes to social events, that anyone cares about.

Reactions: SNU0821

I live in Newton. We are not getting a cup series race anytime soon.

I live in Newton. We are not getting a cup series race anytime soon.
it was just talk among some big time NASCAR Fans. isn't there a NASCAR driver that drives in that race quite often.

back in the day Dirt Tracks were the in thing, had a cousin that was in them and my Father did all the work on the engines.

it was just talk among some big time NASCAR Fans. isn't there a NASCAR driver that drives in that race quite often.

back in the day Dirt Tracks were the in thing, had a cousin that was in them and my Father did all the work on the engines.
Do you have anymore Iowa facts? I'm testing a theory that I couldn't be more bored than I am right now, and I think you have the goods to disprove that notion.

ADVERTISEMENT