ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

And the Rutgers Scarlet Knights are now ranked!!

https://apnews.com/APTop25CollegeBasketballPoll

Rest of the B1G:

11 MSU
17 Maryland
19 Iowa
21 Illinois
24 Rutgers
28 Michigan
30 OSU
32 Wisconsin
33 PSU
40 Purdue
42 IU

11 B1G teams getting votes still.

Now that we have a plethora of Rutgers fans, let’s talk about that horse shit non conference schedule.

That was very Iowa-esque. Do better Rutgers.
giphy.gif

I had Illinois at #21 in my preseason top 50. Not everyone agreed with my take for some reason.

that's it? what a joke.,

Cockburn #45 is your reason for greatness. give me a break he hasn't even played yet.
these were their team stats last season
247th in FG % @ 43.1 %
165th in 3 Point shooting @ 34.5%
170th in scoring
295th in rebounding

and now you have them being in the top 25. nuff said on your so called expertise on which team should be ranked where and why.

Based on what? Not our lord and savior Kenpom.

Ah. Well we won at their place....we also beat Rutgers....and Rutgers beat SHU...don't see much logic in having them ahead of us.

Maybe the voters think Butler is a juggernaut and they really REALLY value SHUs road win over them?

But the end of the year MSU will have a tougher schedule. Big East is down this year and B1G beat the shit out of them in the gavitt games.

Ah. Well we won at their place....we also beat Rutgers....and Rutgers beat SHU...don't see much logic in having them ahead of us.

Maybe the voters think Butler is a juggernaut and they really REALLY value SHUs road win over them?

But the end of the year MSU will have a tougher schedule. Big East is down this year and B1G beat the shit out of them in the gavitt games.

Who cares

Reactions: klize17

You are probably right, but lets just say I would enjoy Seton Hall winning it all this year.

Reactions: Noahtogo24

Simple answer - AP voters aren't that diligent and recency bias plays a big factor.

Seton Hall has won 8 straight and MSU got bitchslapped last week by Purdue.

Reactions: MGC_07 and bMORE607

Iowa destroyed Texas Tech and Maryland, both with similar records to Iowa. Both ranked ahead of Iowa.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks12
Zeb Jackson doesn’t start his HS team. Not sure how much he will contribute as a freshman. Have my fingers crossed that one of Todd or Christopher end up at Michigan. Will need their offense.

Zeb Jackson doesn’t start his HS team. Not sure how much he will contribute as a freshman. Have my fingers crossed that one of Todd or Christopher end up at Michigan. Will need their offense.

Does he play at a normal hike school or a prep?

lol at the ACC. People on the Duke board were complaining last week about Gonzaga being #1 and being able to coast through an easy WCC schedule the rest of the way. I pointed out how Gonzaga actually plays more top 40 games than Duke (and they do so with 4 less conference games). Our conference sucks this year. There's no way around it.

Helps when the conference does well in OCC. Now all these top 40 teams are beating up on each other it won't matter a ton in terms of number of teams in unless a few just completely tank, i'm looking at you Indiana, Purdue, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Penn State, Rutgers, Ohio State, Maryland, Minnesota, Wisconsin.

B1G teams ranked according to their worst KP loss.

Maryland 28
Indiana 31
Mich 36
OSU 40
MSU 56
Ill 97
PSU 113
Rut 118
Wisc 122
Minn 124
Iowa 135
Purdue 135
Neb 232
NW 277

Last edited:

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein

·
2h

Michigan State is 10-2 over the past two seasons in games where Aaron Henry scores in double-figures. Will control the ceiling in East Lansing. Has to emerge as a consistent third option.

That's pretty accurate. He is the most athletic player on the team (maybe Gabe Brown) and the best all-around do-it-all type player. But he tends to disappear a lot. He also has a knack for picking up 2 quick fouls within the first 5 minutes of a game, resulting in him sitting until the 2nd half and then he's usually ice cold.

That's pretty accurate. He is the most athletic player on the team (maybe Gabe Brown) and the best all-around do-it-all type player. But he tends to disappear a lot. He also has a knack for picking up 2 quick fouls within the first 5 minutes of a game, resulting in him sitting until the 2nd half and then he's usually ice cold.

I look forward to this happening on Thursday

ADVERTISEMENT