ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Oh, I am not going. But it's suppose to be pretty shitty. Freezing rain and sleet

I can't remember a time when a basketball game was cancelled. I remember walking through a foot of snow back in early 2000's to a game while I was in school. Pretty sure we beat MSU that night. Just less fans at the game. Good thing for Michigan tomorrow I guess.

Garza was just named the Sporting News Mid Season 1st Team AA.

I think that Turg screwed the pooch by not recruiting Luka, oh well Turg screwing the pooch worked out just fine for Fran.
Now all he needs to do is become unanimous national player of the year and get to a title game to be as good as Kaminsky like you said he would be.

I can't remember a time when a basketball game was cancelled. I remember walking through a foot of snow back in early 2000's to a game while I was in school. Pretty sure we beat MSU that night. Just less fans at the game. Good thing for Michigan tomorrow I guess.

Yeah, poor showing last week against Maryland because of the weather. Alot of fans are giving their tickets away

Reactions: jwardelt
Everyone knows how tough it is to win at Mackey but these stats are kinda mind blowing...

-Purdue is 5-1 its last six home games against opponents ranked in the top-10, winning those five by an average of 14.6 points

-Purdue has won 15 consecutive Big Ten games at home, 12 by double digits. The Boilermakers have played 49 home Big Ten games since 2014-15. They have lost four.

-Purdue is 71-5 in Mackey Arena since the start of the 2015-16 season. Of those five losses, Minnesota won in overtime, Ohio State on a put-back at the buzzer, Villanova escaped by three, Texas rallied from five down in the final three minutes, and Iowa came back from 17 behind at halftime. In other words, Purdue ain’t that far from 76-0.

-The Boilermakers haven’t lost by double figures in Mackey Arena since 2014, going back 96 games

-Eighteen of the past 24 Mackey Arena visitors have shot under 40 percent. Only four of the past 93 have topped 50 percent.

I'm sure it's the same for most everyone in the Big Ten but a quick look at our remaining schedule with the current net rankings and we will play:

10 quadrant 1 games
3 quadrant 2 games
1 quadrant 3 game

That's not a lot of breaks in the schedule.

Everyone knows how tough it is to win at Mackey but these stats are kinda mind blowing...

-Purdue is 5-1 its last six home games against opponents ranked in the top-10, winning those five by an average of 14.6 points

-Purdue has won 15 consecutive Big Ten games at home, 12 by double digits. The Boilermakers have played 49 home Big Ten games since 2014-15. They have lost four.

-Purdue is 71-5 in Mackey Arena since the start of the 2015-16 season. Of those five losses, Minnesota won in overtime, Ohio State on a put-back at the buzzer, Villanova escaped by three, Texas rallied from five down in the final three minutes, and Iowa came back from 17 behind at halftime. In other words, Purdue ain’t that far from 76-0.

-The Boilermakers haven’t lost by double figures in Mackey Arena since 2014, going back 96 games

-Eighteen of the past 24 Mackey Arena visitors have shot under 40 percent. Only four of the past 93 have topped 50 percent.
wow my mind may never recover from this blow.

wow my mind may never recover from this blow.
giphy.gif

I wonder if they cancel the game tomorrow night
I remember Iowa City getting almost a foot of snow on a Wednesday during my Senior year. They cancelled most classes that day, but the storm came through early enough that they still had the game against I believe Michigan State (who might've been #1 at the time). They even actually made tickets free to students if they didn't already have season ticket passes.

And for whatever reason, the students rallied and filled the whole crappy section that we get in Carver to the top. It was a near-sellout considering the weather.

Great crowd and Iowa gave it the ole college try, but alas we weren't very good at basketball at that time.

The bars were certainly packed afterwards though despite it being a Wednesday night....SmokinSmile

Silly schedule stats...B1G is as deep of a conference I can ever remember.

Indiana has 14 games remaining.

Thirteen are in the top 41 of the NET rankings.

Ten of of those 13 are Quad 1 games.

If the teams remain basically in the same ranges, Indiana will play 16 Quad 1 games this season.

This is a chart (@jwardelt). It breaks down the percentage of points that are scored by each position for every team in the B1G.

9613456.png

I really like the Iowa matchup for Illinois this season

Last edited:
Silly schedule stats...B1G is as deep of a conference I can ever remember.

Indiana has 14 games remaining.

Thirteen are in the top 41 of the NET rankings.

Ten of of those 13 are Quad 1 games.

If the teams remain basically in the same ranges, Indiana will play 16 Quad 1 games this season.
Believe I read that IU's schedule is the 2nd toughest in the nation, to end the season. Its crazy.

Reactions: SNU0821
They’re adults. They know the risks.

Yeah, but instate 80 can be very dangerous. I was on it today and there was a flipped semi, and a bunch of accidents just to IC from last weekend

I hope they don't cancel it. Another win is just what the Dr ordered

Yeah, but instate 80 can be very dangerous. I was on it today and there was a flipped semi, and a bunch of accidents just to IC from last weekend

I hope they don't cancel it. Another win is just what the Dr ordered

What is a loss?

Now all he needs to do is become unanimous national player of the year and get to a title game to be as good as Kaminsky like you said he would be.
Frank didn't get that type of recognition till he was a SR, Garza is there as a JR, Kaminsky stats
13.9 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 66 blocks in 38 games
to date for Garza thru 16 games as a JR
22.3 ppg, 10.4 rpg 27 blocks

Garza >>>>Kaminski and its not even close.

Frank didn't get that type of recognition till he was a SR, Garza is there as a JR, Kaminsky stats
13.9 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 66 blocks in 38 games
to date for Garza thru 16 games as a JR
22.3 ppg, 10.4 rpg 27 blocks

Garza >>>>Kaminski and its not even close.

L O ****ing L. Frank would wipe the floor with iBrows.

Yea no shit that’s the point. Crunch time Bruno making plays and Bert is getting splinters in his ass.
he also was in concussion protocal , most coaches don't play players in those conditions, not why you are bragging about needing a last 2nd second tip in to win with the Great Bruno, MD should have beat a short handed Iowa team out of the building.

also the leading scorers for that season were these
SO Cook 15.3 ppg
SO Jordan 13.5 ppg
FR Garza 12.1 ppg in 21.7 mpg
SO Moss 11.1 ppg
FR Nunge 5.7 ppg in 15.7 mpg
SO Pemsl 5.7 ppg in 16.4 mpg

that made 4 SO's and 2 FR.

oh well I guess you need to have something to thump your chest about as all you have is your fire Turge MANTRA.

ADVERTISEMENT