ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Uthoff and Jok are not on NBA rosters. And Cook is buried deep on Cleveland's depth chart. My only point was that Ogundele's selling point was probably something other than Fran's ability to get players to the NBA.
you also ignore that he does not get 1 n done players and the only solid top 50 player in Cook was rated #38 overall by ESPN. AND he is in the NBA after his JR year, he could have used 1 more year working on a consistent shot out past 5'. THERE are a lot of players in the NBA that can dunk.

that is why to me he is/will not be that hard to replace.

the physical play that is allowed by the ref's cause BT teams to lose recruits and its a shame. its about time that the BT puts a stop to the physical play that is being allowed,

never thought about that as a reason why Foster chose ISU vs Iowa as he is 225 lbs @ 7'0 NOT every players wants to put 25-30 lbs on just to play BB.

makes you wonder how many other players avoid the BT just for that same reason.
Makes you wonder if playing Iowa twice each year negates the rest of the big ten playing the opposite of soft as baby shit.

I certainly think it happens and coaches can use that against programs. Virginia gets crushed on the recruiting trail by other coaches.

We have all had this conversation, but I do think the way B1G conference games are called effect the way B1G teams do in the tournament. Obviously not all teams have issues since plenty have made the Final Four recently, but no titles.
Virginia playes what some consider a slow and boring style of play, players just don't like to play in a style like that,

the last few years it is Fran's uptempo style that is attracting players like these

Cook from Missouri
Garza Washington DC
Moss Simeon HS from Chicago
Wieskamp Iowa
being from Iowa does not always = picking Iowa.
Toussaint from NYC
Fredrick from Cincinnati by way of Kentucky not a 4* but Kentucky POY
these were all 4*'s by ESPN

these in the 2020 class chose Iowa because of the uptempo
Ogudele
Ulis
Perkins

but the best part of these 3 all play hard nose in your face defense, this is what Toussaint, Fredrick, Garza bring. the Iowa players also bring that athletic and defensive mindset as well.

Makes you wonder if playing Iowa twice each year negates the rest of the big ten playing the opposite of soft as baby shit.
if you want to call it that, but I don't like them playing rugby style of BB and prefer teams that play true BB. or in other words Gorilla ball.

Virginia playes what some consider a slow and boring style of play, players just don't like to play in a style like that,

the last few years it is Fran's uptempo style that is attracting players like these

Cook from Missouri
Garza Washington DC
Moss Simeon HS from Chicago
Wieskamp Iowa
being from Iowa does not always = picking Iowa.
Toussaint from NYC
Fredrick from Cincinnati by way of Kentucky not a 4* but Kentucky POY
these were all 4*'s by ESPN

these in the 2020 class chose Iowa because of the uptempo
Ogudele
Ulis
Perkins

but the best part of these 3 all play hard nose in your face defense, this is what Toussaint, Fredrick, Garza bring. the Iowa players also bring that athletic and defensive mindset as well.

Yore comparing Iowa's players (who can't win two games in the NCAA tourney) to UVA's players who just won a natty. How are you not constantly dizzy from all the spinning you do?

Reactions: bMORE607
if you want to call it that, but I don't like them playing rugby style of BB and prefer teams that play true BB. or in other words Gorilla ball.

giphy.gif

maybe that's why some BT teams are losing out on some of the top talent.

I would rather see Garcia in the BT vs the BE playing for Marquette,

again makes you wonder how many top 50 kids walk away from BT schools because of the physical play of the BT. this is why the BT has not had a champion since Izzo's 1st team 20 years ago,

He has a black grand kid so he gets a pass.
calling BB being Gorilla ball has nothing to do with color it is a street term for how BB is played on the play ground or allies, where there are no rules,

try learning about how BB is played in the allies and playgrounds,

but only a racist like jwardt would try to connect the 2,

my Great Grandson is biracial, you have a problem with that as maybe you and jwardt hate biracial kids?

Jaelin Llewellyn for Princeton is a stud. I’m still salty he chose to go to Stanford over the Purdue & the other bevy of high major offers he had. Top 100 recruit and chose to go to Princeton. Bizarre.

He is really good but the rest of the team is trash. He is showing that the lack of guard depth. Especially with Green and Phinisee still restricted pretty much.

Brunk has done alot of little things tonight against a bad team but still
No, he really has. It just cracks me up when an announcer gets an infatuation for a player & anything he does during the game is absolute gold.

Brunk isn’t a sexy player & he’ll struggle to score against bigger/more athletic teams but he’ll help IU a lot this season. Give me a Joey Brunk or PJ Thompson type of guy over a Hanner Perea type project all day.

No, he really has. It just cracks me up when an announcer gets an infatuation for a player & anything he does during the game is absolute gold.

Brunk isn’t a sexy player & he’ll struggle to score against bigger/more athletic teams but he’ll help IU a lot this season. Give me a Joey Brunk or PJ Thompson type of guy over a Hanner Perea type project all day.

Oh god I haven’t heard Perea’s name in a long time. Wonder what he’s up to these days.

tenor.gif

Interesting comments I want to bring over here for discussion. Thoughts?

"Some will classify this as negative recruiting, but I do think one thing that the Garcia family never got past, and this is a credit to Marquette, is the Big Ten style of play. I know for a fact Dawson brought up the specific analytics on pace of play and then also how physical the Big Ten is to both Indiana and Minnesota on visits. While Dawson is by no means soft, he is not a bruising 245 pound kid. Marquette was able to show him quantitatively how much faster the Big East is in their play, and then qualitatively with film about how it is more open and less physical."
S O F T

Reactions: klize17
Oh god I haven’t heard Perea’s name in a long time. Wonder what he’s up to these days.
The last I knew, he was banging one of the hottest girls I went to high school with. He’s probably doing just fine.

The last I knew, he was banging one of the hottest girls I went to high school with. He’s probably doing just fine.

He had some issues. He was hanging around Indy a lot. If I had to guess he is back in Indy after MTSU or wherever him and Jurkin, Peter ended up at

ADVERTISEMENT