ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

this OL Cronk is a real good addition, two things I don't understand
1st why would you want to move a player that started 3 years at tackle to guard?
2nd why would posters on HR even speculate on him moving to guard, when that is the exact reason why he left his previous team.

After he got hurt his replacement was really good. Cronk's NFL position will be guard and IU wanted to start their 5 best lineman and to do that was moving Cronk to guard. He disagreed and moved on.

After he got hurt his replacement was really good. Cronk's NFL position will be guard and IU wanted to start their 5 best lineman and to do that was moving Cronk to guard. He disagreed and moved on.
lots of college T get moved to G in the NFL. even Wirfs for Iowa may/will end up a Guard in the NFL and with how the interior struggled it might have helped if he had moved to LG.

understand your reason BUT its a silly reason as they could have moved his replacement to guard this season and that still would have given them the best 5 OL on the field.

lots of college T get moved to G in the NFL. even Wirfs for Iowa may/will end up a Guard in the NFL and with how the interior struggled it might have helped if he had moved to LG.

understand your reason BUT its a silly reason as they could have moved his replacement to guard this season and that still would have given them the best 5 OL on the field.

You aren't moving his replacement who did a great job and still has 3 years left in the program. If Cronk wanted to stay he could have, he decided he wants to still be a tackle and moved on.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Michigan would be a nine seed right now. They need Livers back ASAP.

The team was probably a 8 seed caliber team that played out of their mind in the Bahamas at full health and in turn had the resume of a 4/5 seed at the beginning of January

Odds to make the NCAA for Michigan are probably 65% right now. Those odds probably drop 5-10% for each game Livers misses moving ahead.

Maybe. It’s tough to project because road games are so hard to come by in this version of the Big Ten. UM dropping a game at home is not good. I’m not going to slam UM just yet but they really need Livers back and they need a couple of other guys to step up. Probably Simpson and someone else. I don’t think it’s Teske but maybe DDJ? Wagner?

UM looking to be in the 8/9 range but maybe even in that 12 seed play in game. I think with the strength of the Big Ten and their good non conference season that UM needs to get to 19 regular season wins and just get a game in the BTT and they’re in. They can definitely do that but it’s not going to be easy.

You aren't moving his replacement who did a great job and still has 3 years left in the program. If Cronk wanted to stay he could have, he decided he wants to still be a tackle and moved on.
Cronk was a 3 year starter @ LT. oh well Indiana's loss is Iowa's gain. no matter what their thinking or reasons.

Cronk was a 3 year starter @ LT. oh well Indiana's loss is Iowa's gain. no matter what their thinking or reasons.

giphy.gif

You can get IU +32.5 and climbing tonight if you use fan duel. Max Bet at $50.00 -105
I know they did it for the colts @ Houston game and it got to like Colts +35 and of course the colts started down 28-0 I believe lol

Reactions: klize17
Maybe. It’s tough to project because road games are so hard to come by in this version of the Big Ten. UM dropping a game at home is not good. I’m not going to slam UM just yet but they really need Livers back and they need a couple of other guys to step up. Probably Simpson and someone else. I don’t think it’s Teske but maybe DDJ? Wagner?

UM looking to be in the 8/9 range but maybe even in that 12 seed play in game. I think with the strength of the Big Ten and their good non conference season that UM needs to get to 19 regular season wins and just get a game in the BTT and they’re in. They can definitely do that but it’s not going to be easy.

Michigan is a 10 seed and a lock at 18 regular season wins (lose to NW or Neb in the BTT then it is play in game).

If Michigan ends up 17-14 heading to Indy then they are the cut line and probably need two wins at the BTT to stay in the field.

I’ll be content with getting Livers back

Reactions: SNU0821
Fan Duel runs promotions in certain areas and they give out ridiculous lines to sucker people in.

Wait, are these promotions a regular thing? Did someone say there was a max bet of 50? I mean, is Indiana really a 32.5 underdog? That's unbelievable. I might have to get an account today.

Wait, are these promotions a regular thing? Did someone say there was a max bet of 50? I mean, is Indiana really a 32.5 underdog? That's unbelievable. I might have to get an account today.

All it is is a promo of deposit $50 and we will give you almost $50. They jack up the odds so its pretty much a guaranteed win, but they max the amount you can bet so you bet $50 to win $45. Instead of having $50 to gamble with "they nearly doubled your entry to" $95. If IU somehow doesn't cover then they make a killing and still get the good publicity.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Possibly, honestly didn't look at NET. Just feel they slip up a game or two and you're looking at 18-19 wins with that New Mexico St game staring at you. Wisconsin could very well lose their next 4 and they're sitting at 12-11 and 5-7. 2-2 in that stretch at least and they look a lot better.

It's New Mexico and it's a "better" loss than a Nebraska loss. New Mexico is at 106 NET, 115 Kenpom. Nubs at 169 NET, 131 Kenpom.

for the record Title IX was written for the sole purpose of guarenteeing equal opportunities for Women,

in colleges it meant if there are 200 scholarships for men that meant that colleges had to provide the same number for women.

for some colleges they dropped men's sports to get into compliance, the NCAA dropped the FB programs scholarship limit to 85 from 125.

FB was the biggest factor to get around, in the beginning the women wanted the FB scholarships reduced to 65 annually but they settled on 85,

in Iowa case they had the money to just add women's program to get into compliance to get to that 50/50 of equalities,the biggest was the women's rowing team that handed out 35 scholarships, some of the men's programs had to start splitting into 1/2 scholarship in Wrestling, Baseball the men's BB limit was dropped from 15-13 while the women gets 15 as was mandated by the NCAA.

Title IX has nothing to any type of sexual assault or misconduct, schools as a rule have the sexual conduct written into the contracts, but the media continues to screw the pooch on how they report the news. lumping everything involving women into everything Title IX.

for the record Title IX was written for the sole purpose of guarenteeing equal opportunities for Women,

in colleges it meant if there are 200 scholarships for men that meant that colleges had to provide the same number for women.

for some colleges they dropped men's sports to get into compliance, the NCAA dropped the FB programs scholarship limit to 85 from 125.

FB was the biggest factor to get around, in the beginning the women wanted the FB scholarships reduced to 65 annually but they settled on 85,

in Iowa case they had the money to just add women's program to get into compliance to get to that 50/50 of equalities,the biggest was the women's rowing team that handed out 35 scholarships, some of the men's programs had to start splitting into 1/2 scholarship in Wrestling, Baseball the men's BB limit was dropped from 15-13 while the women gets 15 as was mandated by the NCAA.

Title IX has nothing to any type of sexual assault or misconduct, schools as a rule have the sexual conduct written into the contracts, but the media continues to screw the pooch on how they report the news. lumping everything involving women into everything Title IX.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Jaycg15
In all honestly, you should just spend a little time and read through the methodology section on kenpom’s site. I’m not sure if it will help in this case, but it’s at least a starting point.
kenpom is a fraud in his adj D and even his agj O even his SOS is a shame

It keeps going up with people betting it. Pretty sure its only for people in the state of Indiana though.

All it is is a promo of deposit $50 and we will give you almost $50. They jack up the odds so its pretty much a guaranteed win, but they max the amount you can bet so you bet $50 to win $45. Instead of having $50 to gamble with "they nearly doubled your entry to" $95. If IU somehow doesn't cover then they make a killing and still get the good publicity.
Yep. I did this with the Colts vs Saints earlier this year. It was almost a 50 point spread by kickoff. I don’t usually gamble, but these deals are free money. FanDuel hopes you don’t cash out immediately (which most don’t).

Michigan is a 6 seed in the South by Lunardi's. somehow I doubt they are going to fall out of the NCAAT.

Oh it gets better. For every 250 people that bet on the game, they are moving the line by 1 point. It's up to 51.5 now.

Yep. I did this with the Colts vs Saints earlier this year. It was almost a 50 point spread by kickoff. I don’t usually gamble, but these deals are free money. FanDuel hopes you don’t cash out immediately (which most don’t).
Were you able to cash out everything? Or just your original $50? When I signed up for NYRA they were running a promo of deposit $200 and wager at least that amount in the first 60 days and get a free $200, but you couldn't withdraw that free $200.

You seem pretty well informed on this topic. I was wondering if you could also give us a history lesson on derivatives and string theory?

Were you able to cash out everything? Or just your original $50? When I signed up for NYRA they were running a promo of deposit $200 and wager at least that amount in the first 60 days and get a free $200, but you couldn't withdraw that free $200.
I cashed out $95 immediately following the Colts game.

Reactions: bMORE607
Your AD is a pile of shit. Get in the back of the line. Lololol

He surprisingly is not. All sports across the board are solid. Shaky footing with the Allen hire but you take only the 9th 8 win season in program history. Archie is still TBD. Fred did **** up with the Crean extension. As an AD though he has been pretty great at getting Indiana out of the stone age. Its a tough job when the President and Administration do not care about sports.

ADVERTISEMENT