ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

One of? There is no track in the world that compares to the IMS and no race that compares to the Indianapolis 500.
Living next to Louisville, there’s no race I’d put above the Derby. But, if we’re strictly talking about racing cars...the only one I could think of would be Daytona. But, I’ve never cared for the sport, so I could be wrong.

Living next to Louisville, there’s no race I’d put above the Derby. But, if we’re strictly talking about racing cars...the only one I could think of would be Daytona. But, I’ve never cared for the sport, so I could be wrong.

Daytona 500, Monoco Grand Prix, and 24 Hours of Le Mans all compare to the Indy 500.

What a wild year when Rutgers, Illinois, and PSU will likely make the tournament. Thats never happened.

Reactions: SNU0821
What a wild year when Rutgers, Illinois, and PSU will likely make the tournament. Thats never happened.
I'm really surprised by Rutgers and PSU's improvement, because those teams had some big losses:
Rutgers -- Omuruyi (sp?)
PSU -- Reaves, Bolton

It was easy to see that Illinois was poised for big improvements, but I'd never have expected for their defense to improve this much.

Gif of Fran when he got his technical last night.

source.gif

I'm really surprised by Rutgers and PSU's improvement, because those teams had some big losses:
Rutgers -- Omuruyi (sp?)
PSU -- Reaves, Bolton

It was easy to see that Illinois was poised for big improvements, but I'd never have expected for their defense to improve this much.

Illinois is shooting 30.2% from 3 on the year, since their loss to MSU they're shooting 36%. That combined with Kofi rebounding and post presence and their defense is a recipe for winning.

Any chance Michigan and OSU miss the tournament? Michigan has lost 4 of the last 5, OSU 5 of the last 6. Both I believe were top 10 at one point. Michigan missing Livers it seems, not sure what’s up with OSU.

Any chance Michigan and OSU miss the tournament? Michigan has lost 4 of the last 5, OSU 5 of the last 6. Both I believe were top 10 at one point. Michigan missing Livers it seems, not sure what’s up with OSU.

Ohio State should be able to right the ship in the next 3 games with 2 home games against Minnesota and IU and an away game against NW.

Ohio State should be able to right the ship in the next 3 games with 2 home games against Minnesota and IU and an away game against NW.

Yeah those 3 are key. They also ended up getting a favorable conference schedule. Only play MSU, Rutgers, and Illinois once, Rutgers and Illinois at home. Michigan not so much. I only see about 5 more wins for them if they continue to play the way they have, 7 at the most. Leaves them at 18-13 and 9-11 in conference. Puts them squarely on the bubble but the Creighton and Gonzaga wins should help. Just a wild fvcking year the more I dive into it.

Locker room attitudes about playing time have really hurt OSU. Some guys just aren’t team guys I have been told. Holtmann tried to get their attention with suspensions. It’s crazy. I do expect Holtmann to right the ship the last 13 games but we shall see. If they keep playing the way they have been, they won’t sniff the tourney and don’t deserve to. This game tonight is HUGE for OSU.

Locker room attitudes about playing time have really hurt OSU. Some guys just aren’t team guys I have been told. Holtmann tried to get their attention with suspensions. It’s crazy. I do expect Holtmann to right the ship the last 13 games but we shall see. If they keep playing the way they have been, they won’t sniff the tourney and don’t deserve to. This game tonight is HUGE for OSU.

Winning the next 3 would go a long way. Losing one of them might be trouble enough. Purdue at home and at Nebraska are the best chances after these 3. Maybe split the Michigan/Illinois games. Long way to go still but damn what a year its been already.

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck
The way i see it:
Locks
MSU
Ill
Maryland
Iowa

Probably in
PSU
Rutgers

work left to do
Indiana
Wisconsin
OSU
Michigan

Not out of it but getting bleak
Minnesota
Purdue

We're in just as much as PSU and Rutgers. NET and Kenpom say so at least. We can't tank but as of right now, in like flynn.

Reactions: bMORE607
We're in just as much as PSU and Rutgers. NET and Kenpom say so at least. We can't tank but as of right now, in like flynn.

Possibly, honestly didn't look at NET. Just feel they slip up a game or two and you're looking at 18-19 wins with that New Mexico St game staring at you. Wisconsin could very well lose their next 4 and they're sitting at 12-11 and 5-7. 2-2 in that stretch at least and they look a lot better.

read on Fran's T last night, strange reason to get a T to me he was upset because they didn't call a foul on his players when they were fouling the Rutgers player.

I guess it must have got the Refs attention as they called a bunch of them in the 2nd half.

still a strange reason to get T'd up.

No such thing as a lock at this point of the season. Still so much to go. Unless he's talking about a snapshot.

Yeah just at this moment. Over half of the conference schedule left so a lot can change.

this OL Cronk is a real good addition, two things I don't understand
1st why would you want to move a player that started 3 years at tackle to guard?
2nd why would posters on HR even speculate on him moving to guard, when that is the exact reason why he left his previous team.

Michigan would be a nine seed right now. They need Livers back ASAP.

The team was probably a 8 seed caliber team that played out of their mind in the Bahamas at full health and in turn had the resume of a 4/5 seed at the beginning of January

Odds to make the NCAA for Michigan are probably 65% right now. Those odds probably drop 5-10% for each game Livers misses moving ahead.

Iowa is #22 on the Net. a solid 6 seed. but that will change,
last night just showed how worthless adj d is
Iowa dropped to #85 from #78
Rutgers dropped to #9 from #7

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT