ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

Maryland started off 2-3 from 3 and went 0-16 the rest of the way.

tenor.gif
Not terrible. Purdue shot 0-20 as a team outside of Cline two games ago.

Potato quality video, but Isaiah Washington and Jarvis Omersa look to have some nice chemistry off the bench. Washington looked like a completely different player out there last night.

Reactions: Toast. and KisteK
His meltdown after the Iowa loss a few years back is the only thing that makes me hesitate for a second. Otherwise, I'm totally convinced he's just trolling you guys because he knows the reaction he gets around here, especially from a few specific posters.

He really only lashes out when he feels outmatched.
Very much a prideful immature.
Dude takes butthurt down the rabbit hole and gets so eaten up along the way.

I think he's smarter than most give him credit for, but not nearly as smart as he pimps himself.

Not terrible. Purdue shot 0-20 as a team outside of Cline two games ago.

Speaking of 3 point shooting, you want to discuss Romeo Langfords 3 point shooting with me here so far or we going to wait that out and give it some time yet?

Speaking of 3 point shooting, you want to discuss Romeo Langfords 3 point shooting with me here so far or we going to wait that out and give it some time yet?
Nah, your takes on Romeo are so far off it's not worth it. You tried to tell people he wouldn't be on the all freshman team. I'm not too worried about his 3pt shooting. They'll fall. I'll gladly take people sagging off him. What I've seen so far from IU is the 3pt shooting doesn't seem like it's going to be nearly the issue that some of you tried to tell us here.

Here's a "hot take" from our friend @Mgkcbb - "If you score 13 points per game but take 13 shots per game to get them, that's not going to be good - that's Josh Langford-like. I like Ryan Cline to be much more efficient and better than Langford."

Here's a "hot take" from our friend @Mgkcbb - "If you score 13 points per game but take 13 shots per game to get them, that's not going to be good - that's Josh Langford-like. I like Ryan Cline to be much more efficient and better than Langford."
I could see Cline being more efficient than Langford.

Nah, your takes on Romeo are so far off it's not worth it. You tried to tell people he wouldn't be on the all freshman team. I'm not too worried about his 3pt shooting. They'll fall. I'll gladly take people sagging off him. What I've seen so far from IU is the 3pt shooting doesn't seem like it's going to be nearly the issue that some of you tried to tell us here.

Still disagree. Need to see it against non high school teams.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Still disagree. Need to see it against non high school teams.
Yup, don't disagree completely. I think we've shown more of an ability to knock down those open shots than last year from what I've seen already. But we should get a better idea next Weds when we play Marquette.

As for Langford, I said I would guess his 3pt % is going to be in the 30s. Don't think he gets to 40% or higher. But I don't see a scenario where teams are going to sag off him and just let him shoot mid range or 3pt shots.

I could see Cline being more efficient than Langford.
Being more efficient doesn't mean he's a better player. Cline will absolutely have a better 3pt percentage.

Simple question. Who would you rather have on your team, Cline or Langford? Who's going to help you win more games?

Being more efficient doesn't mean he's a better player. Cline will absolutely have a better 3pt percentage.

Simple question. Who would you rather have on your team, Cline or Langford? Who's going to help you win more games?
Ehhh...Idk man it's close.

What has Langford really shown than Cline hasn't?

I feel like they're going to put up pretty similar stat lines this year. I don't think one is significantly better than the other.

I feel like they're going to put up pretty similar stat lines this year. I don't think one is significantly better than the other.
o_O

RollLaugh

Edit: my bad lol I thought you were talking about Romeo.

Reactions: SNU0821

Not sure that's a guarantee yet. Langford is a career 41.7% from 3, while Cline is a career 40.0%.

Both are great 3pt shooters. Cline's limited minutes haven't really given us a good look at what he will become this season, as a main player for Purdue.

We’re talking about Romeo Langford, to be clear.

Even on the subject of Langford from MSU, what has Cline shown to make you think he’s on par with Langford @ MSU? Cline is an average defender who is a spot shooter. Langford seems like he add in many more ways.

Last edited:
Not sure that's a guarantee yet. Langford is a career 41.7% from 3, while Cline is a career 40.0%.

Both are great 3pt shooters. Cline's limited minutes haven't really given us a good look at what he will become this season, as a main player for Purdue.
He and I were talking about Romeo. But even to your point. I’d take Langford from MSU over Cline as well.

Reactions: KisteK
Yup, don't disagree completely. I think we've shown more of an ability to knock down those open shots than last year from what I've seen already. But we should get a better idea next Weds when we play Marquette.

Does Marquette project to be better defensively this year? They were pretty poor last year (not Iowa poor but definitely poor).

Does Marquette project to be better defensively this year? They were pretty poor last year (not Iowa poor but definitely poor).
Not sure, but I would assume they’re a better test than Chicago State. That’s all my point was.

Ohio State plays at UC tonight. These are the types of games we all need Big Teams to win so we can maximize the number of Quadrant 1 and 2 win opportunities.

Reactions: KisteK
Since the season started yesterday, might as well get this in:

KenPom rankings through 11/6/18 games:

14 - MSU
16 - Purdue
19 - Wisconsin

25 - Michigan
27 - Indiana

31 - PSU
34 - Maryland
35 - Iowa
37 - Nebraska

41 - OSU

50 - Minn
55 - NW

83 - Illini

149 - Rutgers

Reactions: KisteK and SNU0821

14 - MSU
16 - Purdue
19 - Wisconsin

25 - Michigan
27 - Indiana

31 - PSU
34 - Maryland
35 - Iowa
37 - Nebraska

41 - OSU

50 - Minn
55 - NW

83 - Illini

149 - Rutgers

Purdue projected to tie MSU for the Big Ten Championship. A lot of validity in those projections!! :cool:

14 - MSU
16 - Purdue
19 - Wisconsin

25 - Michigan
27 - Indiana

31 - PSU
34 - Maryland
35 - Iowa
37 - Nebraska

41 - OSU

50 - Minn
55 - NW

83 - Illini

149 - Rutgers

What am I missing with PSU? Isn’t Watkins off the team?

We’re talking about Romeo Langford, to be clear.

Even on the subject of Langford from MSU, what has Cline shown to make you think he’s on par with Langford @ MSU? Cline is an average defender who is a spot shooter. Langford seems like he add in many more ways.
Didn't realize you meant Romeo.

But Cline will be much more than a spot up shooter this year. And is Langford some top notch defender? If anything, on defense those two are a wash right now. And it's not like Langford is great at creating for himself and others.

They've both been good spot up shooters & OK defenders up to this point in their careers but will both have more freedom to do more this year.

Don't see a huge difference in either of them honestly.

But Cline will be much more than a spot up shooter this year. And is Langford some top notch defender? If anything, on defense those two are a wash right now. And it's not like Langford is great at creating for himself and others.

They've both been good spot up shooters & OK defenders up to this point in their careers but will both have more freedom to do more this year.

Come on man. Hell, just the game last night he was creating much more for others than even I anticipated. And, as far as his defense is concerned, they're not a wash. I'd give an advantage to Romeo over Cline. @IUfanBorden can elaborate more on his defense, if you'd like. And we're talking about Ryan Cline. He's not Dakota Mathias. He's not Kyle Guy. He's closer to Ryne Smith than either of the others mentioned at this point in his career. Cline averaged 4pts and less than 2 assists and rebounds a game last year while playing average defense, at best.

I'd be interested to see what fans of other teams not IU and Purdue would think. Would you rather have Romeo Langford on your team or Ryan Cline? Who is going to help you win more games between the two players? Langford or Cline? It shouldn't even really be a question.

LaughingRollLaugh

Come on man. Hell, just the game last night he was creating much more for others than even I anticipated. And, as far as his defense is concerned, they're not a wash. I'd give an advantage to Romeo over Cline. @IUfanBorden can elaborate more on his defense, if you'd like. And we're talking about Ryan Cline. He's not Dakota Mathias. He's not Kyle Guy. He's closer to Ryne Smith than either of the others mentioned at this point in his career. Cline averaged 4pts and less than 2 assists and rebounds a game last year while playing average defense, at best.

I'd be interested to see what fans of other teams not IU and Purdue would think. Would you rather have Romeo Langford on your team or Ryan Cline? Who is going to help you win more games between the two players? Langford or Cline? It shouldn't even really be a question.
I'm not arguing Cline over Romeo.

Am talking about Cline vs. Josh Langford.

ADVERTISEMENT